Ratings for Dr. Alan S. Oster

I have struggled with problems with my elbow for years. My prior doctor was quick to do surgery, however the surgery did not work and my problems became worse. Dr. Oster was not quick to operate just to make money and through cortesone shots and other treatment my elbow has greatly improved. I don't understand all of the other comments about a long wait time. I have been to his office multiple times and never had to wait as long as compared to other doctor's offices. In my opinion, Dr. Oster is the best doctor in town!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Have seen Dr. Oster several times for a broken ankle/surgery/post-op care, and I haven't found the wait time to be worse than any other busy practice. He did a great job with my ankle, and no, I don't spend a ton of time with him, but I do feel that he listens to me. I saw him out with his family one night as well, and he knew me and asked how my ankle was doing, which was nice. Honestly, just take a book with you to the office and be patient--he is good enough for the wait!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

My mother went in for a fractured arm and he severed the nerve in the arm causing her to lose the function of her hand. DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR. WARNING!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

He is without a doubt one of the most gifted surgeons I've ever met...and I've worked with a few at my hospital. Completely competent and skillful

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Ive been with him for 2 years, He is not very punctual. If you find a Dr. that is let me know. He's a great doctor and as far as health is concerned is helpful. For me punctuality isn't as important as how effective surgery is.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Great doctor. Really took time to make sure I was healthy. Thanks, doc!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

I think he is a good dr but... He acts as if he doesn't know why you have all these post opt issues...

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Never on time. Has a waiting room full of people so he spends maybe one minute with you. I've had post-surgery complications and he acts like he doesn't know what to do. Just says to come back in 2 weeks. I switched doctors.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

DON"T GO HERE. Ok you have been warned. Had an accident and was given this doctor. He rushes around like a chicken with his head cut off. There is no follow up and his staff is like dealing with a mafia enforcment team. You wait and wait and come out with a feeling of why did I bother. If you can drag you but away before this doctor gets you please do it, you will be glad in the end.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Dr. Oster does well in surgery with hard cases but thats where I would leave it. They continue to always be beind and have to reschedule appointments due to him being out of the office. The office staff is rude and have messed up several different times regarding different issues. The follow care does not happen. Even in post op after waiting to see him he rushes in and out of room. Does not listen to the patients concerns. Like I said this has happened on several times due to being under his post op care after surgery. Office staff does not give him messages or return calls.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Dr. Alan S. Oster's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)