Ratings for Dr. James R. Bellor

I love Dr. Bellor, have been seeing him for a few years now. He takes his time and shares all of his knowledge with you without you even asking. He always wants the very best for me. I'm very pleased with him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I went to Dr. Bellor for swelling on my right thigh. He did not examine me, but sent me to a surgeon for a biopsy. Dr. Bellor reported that my ANA was negative even though it had been positive int the past. I got a second opinion. My ANA was positive and my lab values indicate that I have a mixed connective tissue disorder. My new rheumatologist will start me on Plaquenil. If I had stayed with Dr. Bellor this condition would have not been detected or treated.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

This doctor seems to base his diagnoses purely by text book. When it comes to medical conditions not everything is going to be text book especially when you're dealing with an Auto Immune Disease. Thank goodness for blood work that helps with diagnosing a patient. That is unless you go to this doctor. During our visit he told me that the symptoms I was experiencing did not indicate an Auto Immune Disease. I of course disagreed. He was wrong and when my blood work returned indicating that I did in fact have a chronic Auto Immune Disease Dr. Bellor avoided me. He never returned my calls to discuss my test results. I contacted his office several times to speak to him. When I left Dr. Bellor's office I was frustrated and very angry. After seeing another Rheumatologist for a second opinion I was properly diagnosed and I am undergoing treatment. I wouldn't recommend this doctor even if he was the last Rheumatologist on earth. Avoid him.

Submitted October 14, 2016

I've seen Dr. Bellor several times for Fibromyalgia. He is very nice, listens, answers questions and is very knowledgable about treatments. We're working together and trying different things to relieve my symptoms. Also, he sees patients in Annapolis every Wednesday.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

He is amazing, patient, kind. He listens and he responds with thoughtful answers.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

He is certainly not arrogant and certainly has compassion. He always allows me to particpate in options. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. James Bellor is not very warm. I do appreciate a direct and blunt doctor, but he is not very empathic.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

He has been very helpful in getting my pain level in check. telling me about new medications that may be helpful to my problems.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

I've seen Dr. Bellor for years. He is kind, quiet and listens carefully. When you hurt, you appreciate that. He's knowledgeable about drugs and treatments, but not arrogant. He has worked with me to find the right treatment that fits my comfort level - and I am so much better. He is also knowledgeable about exercise, nutrition and supplements. He is very busy, so you must leave a message for his office assistant. She has always been very pleasant with me.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Dr. Bellor is an excellent rheumatologist. When I first started seeing him I was a member of an HMO and seeing another doctor for my RA. Within a few months Dr. Bellor prescribed a "cocktail" of medicines to put my severe RA into remission. He is reserved and doesn't waste words, but he is hearing and processing everything you say.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

Dr. James R. Bellor's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)