Ratings for Dr. Debra-Lynn E. Day-Salvatore

I don't know who the person below saw but that does not sound like Dr. Day-Salvatore AT ALL. I had already seen a geneticist almost a year prior and was on Dr. Day-Salvatore's waiting list. When an appointment opened up, I took it anyway for a second opinion. Her and her team spent over 2 hours asking questions and examining my son. It turns out my son did not have what the previous geneticist diagnosed (well, actually she just "confirmed" the pediatrician's suspicions), he had the exact OPPOSITE which was a symptom of an actual syndrome and not something just some idiopathic disorder. Had we not seen her and her team, my son would still receiving unnecessary radiation and needle pricks instead of the life long monitoring and treatment needed for him to live a normal life. Sometimes she can come off as a little rude but she's just blunt. I find the best doctors are like this (including his other doctors). The counselors are also great and quick to return calls and emails!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Geneticist made nothing more than an educated guess regarding a diagnosis. Offered absolutely no information regarding further testing to actually diagnose rather than give her "opinion". Her "findings" (which is a joke) ranges from could be something could be nothing, if it is something it could be mild it could be severe!!! This is unacceptable. She spent most of the session giving her repeated disclaimers of what she believes. I gave her the benefit of the doubt until I received the written report. Once again she offered no resources, no support did not recommend a neurologist who in fact should be the overseeing doctor for this particular diagnosis. I was able to find information and support ON MY OWN and a very reputable specialist in very little time. Obviously my child was not of any interest to her. I would definitely suggest finding a doctor who will do their research not just make such bold statements and have NO resources to back up her statements. Absolutely unacceptable.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

Dr. Debra-Lynn E. Day-Salvatore's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Brunswick, NJ