Ratings for Dr. Neel Anand

Dr. Anand performed major surgery on my scoliosis (70 degree curve). I couldn't be happier with the results.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Before surgery I was able to stand or walk for only a few minutes, due to scoliosis. Dr. Anand did a fusion of T11 - S1, and five months later I was walking 3 miles a day, pain free! I spent 9 days at Cedars Sinai, then moved to a local rehab center for 12 days. It was tough for the first month, but absolutely worth it. Dr. Anand is rather abrupt, but he is very busy, and I had no problem with the rushed bedside manner because his PA, Shiela, was wonderful and attentive, and available to answer questions.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

He is a great doctor and know his craft very well. His staff is helpful and responsive. I would def recommend him as a spine surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Stay away from him. He caused serious damage to my back and internal organs! He's arrogant, but doesn't deserve to be. You wonder how many other people he injured over the years, but just wasn't caught.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Cronic lower back pain from L3-L4 , L-5 and S-1Dr. Anand performed T-lift and fusion 10-2013. My pain stayed at hospital! I had a procedure in 02-2013 by another provider that did not cure my issues at all, needless to say I have my life back. Best wishes to you in your quest to

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

If you have back pain, run,walk,crawl,get there in a wheelbarrow if you have to. I love Dr Anand!!!! I had spine surgery in 2013,and was feeling great. Twisted my back in the garage, went back to him, 4/2014 and he not only fixed "my undoing" but discovered I had other problems. He diagnosed me with osteoporosis, and got me started on a new med. He is at times abrupt, but as far as I am concerned, he is not only the best, but I will not let anyone else touch my back. I also think the highest for his PA/assistant, Sheila. She is a doll. What a team!!!! We drove over 300 miles for his expertise. This man and his team deserve Saint Hood.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Anand performed one surgery on my cervical spine, then a year later on my lumbar spine. i have lived my entire life with back problems and pain. not any more. this doctor "walks on water" as far as i am concerned. the pain in my spine has gotten so so so much better, i can not believe it. i would go no where else for back surgery. and recommend him very highly.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Incredibly disappointed.After almost a year and a half of documented SI joint dysfunction, met with Dr. Anand to discuss my options for post-3 SI joint injection treatments. After taking another day of work, driving three hours to see him, his bedside manner was the worst! He was annoyed with me that I didn't bring my MRI for my lumbar a year ago but I had a pelvic MRI in hand taken the night before. He and his office staff never told me to bring my old MRI as well. It would have been so easy to grab it on my way out the door if I had known he needed it. He said he would not even begin to advise me because I was unprepared - even though I had all my documented medical history and doctor visits, procedures, etc, outlined for him in a two-page document that he told me to put away. He rushed through the appointment and refused to agree with the diagnosis until he saw a lumbar MRI, of which he would not order. H did not even advise me as to where to go from here with my treatment.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Dr Anand is amazing. Some of the staff members at the front desk did not seem to care one bit but he is absolutely amazing and caring. he was wonderful with me and never made me feel stupid. He ordered tests ASAP and they were done. He truly knows his stuff. And for the one with the nerve issue, that can happen with any doctor. It is not uncommon when dealing with the back and if you had done your research you would know that

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

I had a severe case of Scoliosis and had 3 spine surgeries prior to 2012. The pain severly limited my enjoyment of life and I had lost 5" in height. I started a national search for a spine surgeon who could help me and I traveled last Octorber from Charlotte to Beverly Hills to meet with Dr Neel Anand. I returned in January and had 3 incisions on Thursday 1/19 and a 9 disc fusion, from T9 to S1 on Monday 1/23. 17 days later I flew back to Charlotte. I was not running foot races, but I could walk. Today, almost 10 months later, I am so much better and it is all because of Dr Anand. I am 71 year old WM and was in excellent health except for my spine. I found Dr Anand very straight forth, very professional and very confident. I was in Cedars-Sinai hospital for 20 days and I would give the hospital, staff & Dr Anand a triple A rating. I had a very hard time due to the intense pain for about 4 days, but the hospital and staff did everything possible to help me. Thank you Dr. Anand !!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

Dr. Neel Anand's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Topiwala Nat'L Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1983)