Ratings for Dr. Duc H. Do

Consistently rude behavior by front office staff has lost Dr. Do another patient. The doctor is great but I simply won't deal with his receptionist's treatment any longer. When I called to make a return appointment, she was rude but I put up with it because I like him so much. When I left a busy day at work to come in, she said that she didn't have my appointment (because I supposedly didn't return her phone call - a check of my phone records shows no calls from this office) but could fit me in another day. I don't have time to leave work a second day because of her mistake. No apology, no kindness. Done.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. Do is great! He is smart, doesn't rush the appointments, and is open-minded - everything a patient could want. His staff is another matter - the woman who answers the phone is consistently rude and unhelpful - short, not happy to answer questions, and condescending. Almost bad enough to make me want to switch doctors but Dr. Do is great enough that it's worth putting up with her!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I've been seeing Doctor Do every 6 months since 2011 for type I diabetes, and would highly recommend him. He's been a true partner in my care. I've seen more than a dozen endocrinologists in the nearly thirty years since I was diagnosed, and he is my best doctor yet in terms of thoroughness, knowledge of the best and latest treatments, and willingness to address my health concerns. No one else has offered as much to my treatment as he has. When I was struggling with insulin resistance a year ago, he came up with a non-insulin med that isn't common to Type I diabetics, but has dropped my sugars back to normal. Most docs aren't nearly this proactive or as up-to-date on the latest therapies. Later, when I discussed issues of fatigue, coldness and hair loss, he ran my labs for iron and thyroid and found them low. We've now addressed that and I'm feeling much better. In addition to his insight, Doctor Do offers his time and attention at every visit. My average visit is a half hour at least, in which he brings his laptop to take notes, review labs, and to offer backup research and info. No other doctor I've known does this, and I truly wish they would.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

done with this doctor....cuts you off with out explanation,,,,what a compassionate doctor...

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

After my appointment, he promised that he would call me with results within 2 days, but I didn't hear back. So when I called to follow-up over a week later, his assistant told me that he was too busy to call me back because he has many patients. My health regressed and had I known earlier, I could have already started treatment. On another occasion, I left him a message to discuss the side effects of the medication and did not hear back. So, on the third day, I called again and his assistant said that he does not return phone calls (will only talk to me in an appointment), but that she'd try to get him on the phone. When he called me back, he nearly yelled at me! He was very cold and gave me one word answers. I am extremely shocked and disappointed. Needless to say, I am switching doctors.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR. He pushes products and disorders sales people bring into his office. He seems to search for other disorders or problems, even when there is no cause. His English is poor and it is nearly impossible to understand him. His nurse is rude and the most unplesant person I've had to deal with in a doctors office.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Nice enough guy. Can't say he was the most helpful for my needs, but he referred me on to a good specialist that could address my problem. His Office Assistant, though, what a crabby and difficult lady to deal with. I hope he has replaced her.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

Wonderful doctor. He spends a good amount of time with you and explains everything thoroughly such as test results and details of your condition. He asks good questions and answers any questions or concerns you have. You never feel rushed or like he's hurrying to get to the next patient. He's busy because he's a great doctor, but he doesn't overbook so he's able to spend quality time with each patient. He stays up on the latest research findings and shares that information with you. He's also very easy to talk to and you never feel like he's talking down to you the way some doctors do. I've tried other doctors but have not been very impressed. I've been seeing Dr. Do for more than 3 years now and am so glad I found him because after a few years of 'mystery' he was the one who diagnosed my condition and has helped me a lot. I am healthier because of it.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2009

Dr Do is an excellent doctor. I was very impressed. He discusses results thoroughly. Very knowledgeable and professional. Like many great docs, it takes about 3 wks or so to make an appointment, but it is well worth it. He does all the right tests to determine the right course of treatment or if treatment is needed. He is truly one of a kind and I wish all doctors provided such care. The receptionist gets a bit frazzled, but as long you make sure that your results are sent to the office, it's a minor problem.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Duc H. Do's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)