Ratings for Dr. Ramin Rahimi

Dr. Rahimi is amazing. He makes sure you are properly given pain relief and not just with meds. There is therape. With a pool as well as other tools like a Pilates tool and weights bikes. And even messages by therapist. When I first started seeing dr. Rahimi. I was bed riden. He got my pain under control and I can walk ride bike. I even did castle rock. With out him I would be bed ridden and in more pain. He is excelent

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Rahimi for over two years now as a chronic pain patient. I had several bad experiences with another high profile pain doctor in Grand Rapids who's only an anesthesiologist by training, yet has a massive, assembly line style pain practice. That former pain doctor failed to offer me a full menu of much needed treatments in addition to injections, since all he wanted to do was inject me with steroids and be done with me. But I needed more help than that. Turns out, I actually needed things such as bracing for my spine, knees, wrist and neck, physical therapy, vagus nerve stimulation, non steroidal injections, etc. All those additional treatments were only offered to me for the first time by Dr. Rahimi. Because I have a connective tissue disorder, I actually needed them years ago, yet it wasn't until I left that other pain doctor, disgusted with his arrogance and lack of interest in my personal situation, and came to Dr. Rahimi, that I finally got them. I wasted years with the wrong doctor and deteriorated because of it. I'm a former reporter and I find Dr. Rahimi to be highly intelligent, caring and thoughtful as a doctor seeking to control my pain. I wish I would have found him years ago, but am glad that I eventually left that other practice and found him. Physical therapy is fundamental in the control of the progression of my Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Dr. Rahimi understands my disorder fully, and offers a PT program in his practice. That fact, right there, tells me he cares about the long term interests of his patients. There are many pain practices in the Grand Rapids' area, yet I know of no other that offers a full array of options to manage chronic pain. If you truly value your health and seek the best long term outcome with a pain practice that uses many different strategies in pain management, you'd do well to consider Dr. Rahimi.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Terrible experience. Doctor literally cannot recall anything from previous visits. He put me into a panic attack at my first visit. And I walked out after being yelled at for seeing a chiropractor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I would recommend Dr Rahimi to everyone. I have had a hundred percent improvement with treatment although i do still live with pain. I feel my quality of life has improved as well thanks to the treatment i receive from Dr Rahimi

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I like that Dr. Rahimi knows what he is talking about. He is very helpful and respectable.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

He never really spoke to me personally. Always seemed like he was in a hurry and didn't have a whole lot of time to spend with me.

Submitted June 23, 2013

Dr.Rahimi was very concerned with the pain that I am having after my back surgery, He is always kind and takes his time. I hav never felt like he was just trying to get my money. He cares about getting me better and out of pain.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

Dr. Rahimi and his staff always treated me with respect and dignity. He is very knowledgeable about the different methods to alieviate pain and will work with me to find out what works for me. He even fit me in when I was in such pain I couldn't hold still. He was informative on what the insurance company would cover and how much,. That was different than other doctors who told me after they treated me. I'd rather know up front. I never had to wait more than 15 minutes for my doctor's appointment and have never had to wait beyond my appointment time for physical therapy.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

I am on my 7th year with Dr. Rahimi after my train accident. He always treats me with a soft heart and always answers all my questions. When I started I was unable to walk, my speech was not very good do to my brain injury. His Physical Therpy staff are awsome they worked with me through my good and bad days. I am walking normal again. I love Dr Rahimi. He always praises me and makes me feel better about what I have accomplished after a near death experiance. I am still in pain but thanks to Dr. Rahimi he controls it through therapy and injections. I owe Dr. Rahimi and Staff a great deal for being so kind and caring. My friends ask me why I go to Belmont an 1.5 hours away to a doctor when you can drive down the street and get the service. I tell them that 1.5 hours is not far when you have someone you like that treats you with kindness it is well worth the drive. I can't explain not very often you find a Dr. and staff that care about YOU!!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. cares more about making money than his patients. He is a little shady, I would not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr. Ramin Rahimi's Credentials

Dr. Rahimi earned his Doctorate of Osteopathy in June of 1993, from the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, College of Medicine and Surgery in Des Moines, Iowa. After graduation, Dr. Rahimi completed his residency at Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan in 1997, with a specialty in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Upon completion of his residency, Dr. Rahimi established his own practice, founding West Michigan Rehab + Pain Center in 1998. As founder and Medical Director of the West Michigan Rehab + Pain Center, Dr. Rahimi oversees it's experienced practitioners.

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1993)