Ratings for Dr. Ira Fisch

Waited over an hour to get in. Saw my husband for less than 10 minutes. Was in a hurry to leave and not answer questions. First time seeing him. Asked him whether he wanted pills or shot w/o doing a MRI to see if there was anything else going on other arthritis. Wasted time. Probably knowledge is 5 star because of years practicing.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Dr. Fisch did an amazing job operating successfully on a herniated disc -- the pain disappeared virtually immediately. Just as impressively, he and his incredibly talented staff took a special interest in making sure that everything happened quickly and correctly. He even personally went to bat with the insurance company to make sure that the surgery could happen quickly and then had the surgery center (with all of the staff) stay late just to do the operation. The professionalism of Dr. Fisch, the nurses,and the entire staff is truly outstanding.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

I have had very positive experiences with Drs. Ira Fisch, Beiber, and Schluntz at OrthoBethesda over the past 20 years. I see Dr. Fisch often, because unfortunately, I have a naturally bad back. Dr. Fisch has operated on and fixed two herniated discs about four years apart. The most recent was a massive herniated disc requiring a laminectomy after being rear ended in 2014. I also had four epidural blocks associated with Sciatica. I go back to Dr. Fisch because he is is one of the best spine specialists anywhere. I trust him with my spine what more can I say. Dr. Frank K.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

After suffering from excruciating sciatic pain in my left leg for 5 1/2 months - after trying the injections which only lasted about 2 1/2 weeks, I will be celebrating every Oct. 8th as Dr. Ira Fisch Appreciation Day, because that was the day he did the microdiscectomy on a herniated disc I had. Yes, he has the hands of a surgeon, but he also has the hands of an artist! Good job, Dr. Fisch! I recommend you highly.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Fisch. He is very kind and sensitive and focused on helping his patients. In my case, I could barely walk when I first saw him, I was in incredible pain. He was able to alleviate the pain, and I made a full recovery. I recommend him highly. RH.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

I am sorry to see the negative reviews because I found Dr. Fisch wonderful. After seeing a doctor and chiropractor for lumbar strain that was so painful I was in tears, Dr. fisch got me in that day and gave me a spinal injection that gave me the only relief I've had and got me mobile again. He took thorough x rays and was caring, said he was leaving in May to travel but would get me in before he left in need be. He was the first health care provider to take my pain seriously and make it better.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2012

Complaining only of a sudden localized hip pain, this doctor misdiagnosed me as having a disc herniation (he took no X'Rays) and then talked me into getting a “nerve block” injection that would "simply knock the pain right out of me!"). Well these injections turned out to be two simultaneous epidural steroid injections with Depo-Medrol. (Never told me!) These botched injections of his sent me to the ER and then the hospital (Johns Hopkins) where it was discovered (after MRI's were taken) that he not only misdiagnosed me, (there were no disc herniations), he also botched the ESI’s! It took me three solid years of therapy to recover enough from those injections. Did you know that ESI’s with Depo-Medrol or any steroid are not FDA approved? And did you also know that the drug maker (Pfizer) does not recommend them because of “severe adverse events” reported to FDA's MedWatch including death? This rude doctor and his office are nothing but an *Injection Factory*.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Over several months I saw Dr. Fisch several times regarding what I presume was a sciatic nerve problem (he never explained anything). He was generally unfriendly, bordering on hostile, and when I indicated that I was trying to avoid surgery, slammed his notebook closed and left the room. Avoid at all costs!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

Dr. Fisch was pretty bad, i.e., he spent very little time with me, explained nothing, wouldn't answer my questions and made tactless jokes. He clearly didn't give a darn about me or my problem. Then he tried to 'sell' me on the one of his colleague's services and referred me to an inhouse physical therapy department that was equally incompetent. Don't use this guy. There are lots of great doctors out there but he's not one of them.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Of the multiple spine surgeons I saw for my problem,Dr. Fisch was the most friendly knowledgeable and compassionate.My husband and I were surprised by the amount of time he took explaining my problem and the options available to treat it. In the end, a combination of two spinal injections and physical therapy completely relieved the pain that three other surgeons said would require surgery. I recommend him very highly.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2009

Dr. Ira Fisch's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bethesda, MD