Ratings for Dr. Janet A. Schaffel

Exceptional Doctor and office. Dr Schaffel puts you at ease and you feel that you could ask her anything. She takes an extensive history and her questions are very indepth and knowledgeable. She is a great listener and sincerely wants to find a solution to any problem you describe. She is bright and funny - she actually spends time with you without seeming hurried. I am another big fan of this doctor! If only there were more like her in downtown DC!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

She is awesome. I had my two babies with Dr. Schaffel, both were born when I was over 40, and both delivered by c-section. Dr. Schaffel is very thoughtful, yet very professional. I would prefer to be with her practice despite the fact that they do not work with my insurance. However, should be noted that they have complimentary option of filing to insurance during and after pregnancy. That was nice, we were saved from all the paperwork while waiting for our little guys.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I've been Dr. Schaffel's patient for over 20 years. She's my favorite doctor by far - caring, competent and a great listener. Also the only doctor I can communicate with by email and count on a prompt reply to my questions. I can't rate her highly enough!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

I consider myself the proud president of the Dr. Schaffel fan club. She is quite simply, the greatest doctor of all time.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2008

Dr.Schaffel is just wonderful. I usually have to wait a bit past my appt. time. However, I don't mind so much because I know she will spend the necessary time with me when it is my turn. She has been very attentive, caring, and helpful with a variety of issues since the first day I came to her office.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

I cannot recommend Dr. Schaffel highly enough! She is absolutely one of a kind. She is excellent at what she does, as has already been well reported in several sources. She works with good faith and humor and is attentive and caring. And, for those of you to whom it is important, she is not at all uncomfortable with gay couples. She is instead welcoming and supportive, meeting with both me and my partner. Then, right after putting down her scalpel after operating on me at Sibley, she went to the waiting room, sat down with my partner and spent time with her, explaining what had happened and reassuring her while I was still in the recovery room after a hysterectomy. That is a welcome switch from going to the hospital only to have your partner viewed with suspicion, barred from your room and prevented from seeing your doctor. Thank you, Dr. Schaffel.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2008

Dr Schaffel may not know it, but I think of her as my shining light of good fortune and great pregnancies -- and especially fabulous birth experiences. I would like to give her a "10" on this five-point scale.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

I could not be in better hands! She was fantastic all through my pregnancy and could not have asked for any better care when I delivered my child. I had absolutely no pains after my c-section. She is funny, helpful, empathetic, knowledgeable, punctual, and caring. She is just great!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2006

Dr. Janet A. Schaffel's Credentials

• Brown Univ Program In Med, Providence Ri 02912 (Grad. 1979)