Ratings for Dr. Barry A. Cohen

Dr Kohn saw me in his oficina and tell me I have problem with my baby and have go to hospital rite away. He follow me to hospital and deliver me a healty baby. He made me to feel so good and not so much worry that he take care of me. I was so much fraid. God bless him for me.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr. Cohen worked me thru a problem that I had for years. He never pushed me to surgery. He was pacient with me. He gave me his cell number to use if I had any emergency. He allowed me to be comfortable with mydecisions. When the surgery was done, at my insistince, he was there before and after to assure me that all was good. I love him.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Cohen delivered our first child 11 years ago and my husband and I still discuss the trauma that he incurred on our daughter's arrival. We were told that she needed to be delivered immediately due to a drop in her heartrate and that foreceps were the "only thing" that he could use...he even bragged about his proficiency with them! He tried to pull her head out and was only stopped from strangling her with the umbilical cord by an alert nurse and anesthesiologist. His demeanor throughout the entire procedure was one of condescension. We discussed his behavior quite openly with the other members of his practice at the time and were led to believe by both them and the nurses at Chilton that this was his normal behavior. Needless to say, we never visited the practice again. Insufferable, condescending, and downright rude. NOT recommended!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

first visit, i had a period for 20 days, didnt do any testing just gave me BC and sent me on my way. turns out this very visit was the beginning of my diagnosis for PCOS that my primary dr diagnosed. also came in for a preg. test (negative & was on BC at the time) since i hadnt gotten my period in almost 2 mo's and was having symptoms of a preg. was told not to waster my time coming in if i dont get a period. got billed almost $700 for STD tests that werem't covered and i didnt request during a pap!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

HORRIFYING. unbelievably rude. I had my baby eight years ago and I will never forget what an egotistical jerk this "doctor" is. During my exam he hurt me so bad tears came to my eyes, and he told me I didn't feel what I felt. Very rough. Sadistic. When I was in labor he ignored my birth plan, I insisted he honor it, he took his gloves off in disgust and declared, "I don't know why you have to be involved in every aspect of this." No lie. It was a holiday and he wanted to move things along. There was only one woman there that night that did not have a C-section. He was gone by 11:00. My scar still hurts and I suspect he cut something on purpose that would ache forever. Seriously. I spoke to the nurses at Chilton and they said they get a lot of complaints about him. Awful, bad, horrid, worst experience of my entire life up to that point. He should be locked up, strapped down, and tortured by Nazi's.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

I would DEFINATELY NOT recommend any one seeing Dr.Cohen. The doctor I had seen before in the same office was unavailable that day and therefore I was seen by Dr.Cohen. He did confirm a pregnancy. My situation was bad timing amongst other things. I later decided to have a termination. I was called and told that insurance coverage and everything is all set and everything's fine. This was not so as I later found out that everything was out of network. After doing the procedure I spotted for a whole month and then when my period started I bleed out extremely heavy for three days (i did contact him about this and he told me to not worry).I passed out from lost of blood ended up in the (ambulance)emergency room. Had a blood transfusion as they told me I would die if I didn't take (three bags)the blood. Stayed in the hospital for three days. They told me that I had tissue from all that and from all that time left inside of me. THIS ALMOST TOOK MY LIFE! He NEVER once showed any concern so hurt

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Dr. Cohen was charming. He had a sense of humor yet real professional when a serious subject came up. gave me all the info I needed. Took good care of me. I liked him very much. Would rec

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

I would not recommend Dr. Cohen. His handling of my miscarriage was awful. He told me over the phone that my pregnancy had ended and showed no compassion. He told me that a D&C was not needed, but did not perform any exam or ultrasound to confirm that all of the tissue had passed. He also did not feel a follow up visit was necessary. A month later to my extreme surprise I miscarried in public and had to be rushed to the hospital. He never indicated that this would happen. His treatment of my situation was inconsiderate and irresponsible in my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2007

Ever hear of a recto-vaginal fistula repair with an overlapping sphincteroplasty? Dr. Cohen made a mistake while performing my episiotomy, the results were unbelievable.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2007

confident, authoritative. Kind, knowledgeable

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

Dr. Barry A. Cohen's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1972)

GHI