Ratings for Dr. Seldon E. Spencer

My regular doctors insisted I had had a stroke. My speech therapist was doubtful and asked if she could refer me to a neurologist. I saw Dr. Spencer and he almost immediately diagnosed me as having myasthenia gravis. He was so sure that he immediately started me on the usual accepted medications and then took blood samples which were sent to the Mayo Clinic. Other complications forced me into a Des Moines hospital where they were treating me for other suspected conditions . After several days. the confirmation of Dr. Spencer's diagnosis arrived from Mayo's. Most doctors would not even think of this diagnosis for a very rare medical condition. Thank you so much, Dr. Spencer.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

He is worth the trip from DSM! I was so lost with the way I was treated and spoken down by another doctor, in DSM. Dr. Spencer is a very caring man. I was shocked at how little we had to wait. He ended up referring me to another specialist, as he knew something was wrong, but he didn't feel he could give me the correct diagnosis. He was a breath of fresh air. Finally! After 2 1/2 years of dealing with the DSM 'specialists' who said I was just stressed, this Angel came into my life.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Knowledgable, shares & willingness to explain, but will refer patients if it is beyond his experience base

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008

Dr. Seldon E. Spencer's Credentials

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Ames, IA