Ratings for Dr. Ernesto Vazquez

Dr. Vazquez is an amazing Doctor. Kind and knowledgeable. He's bilingual and I find that to be GREAT! He takes his time and makes sure that you leave understanding everything you need to know. We used to avoid going to the doctor and now my husband and I never hesitate. He even remembers things that from 2 years ago!!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr.Vazquez is the best thing to happen to my wife & I as far as finding the right family doctor for us! He is very knowledgeable, courteous, patient, funny, just the kind of guy we'd love to have over for dinner, along with his wife & their 5 kids! Very thankful we were "defaulted" to him due to our past family doctor being off that day. Rare that a doctor PERSONALLY makes follow up calls....Dr.Vazquez did! HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

Mr. Brewer is an idiot! Dr. Vasquez has been my doctor (until he moved up there you lucky dogs!!)for almost 8 years. If he threw this guy out of his office I assure you he did it after 30 or so minutes of this dopers ranting. Dr. Vasquez is a very "factual", compassionate person, it's not his fault your "personal" doctor lead you astray, so now you want to take it out on THEE best doctor in the nation??? I see why your personal dr didn't want to see you!! Dr. V, come on back down here to the south, where Mr. Brewer would get a good ole country.....breakfast! I promise if you come back I'll help home school your kids!!! (= come back, we need you here!!!! From Jeanne at the airport.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

One of the best doctors I have had. He is never in a hurry and always takes the time to explain things to you. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr. Vasquez is wonderful. He listens intently and is very thorough. He never seems hurried and has a quiet sense of humor that made me feel comfortable on my first visit when I was new to Des Moines. I normally look for a woman doctor but got in quickly with him; I would not switch now and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

My name is Derrick Brewer. I recently moved my medical records to Mercy. I had a regular doctor named Lorene Mein and she is a very good doctor. I went to the clinic in extreme pain in my lower back this morning and I had to see Dr. Vasquez. As we were discussing my pain situation and he commented on my results from an MRI i had in the last week saying that i had been referred to a spine doctor and how the oxy pills they had given me was not for long term use. At this point I did become annoyed because not only is he telling that I would have to go through the holidays in pain but would probably have to wait for that appointment. I did start talkin about the pain pills in a very passionate manner. I did use profanity to describe how I felt about the changes you have to go through to get pain pills. I did not curse as Dr. Vasquez but his ego wouldn't let him get beyond that. He just stood up and told to me get out of the clinis and that I was not to come back. Total unprofessional!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

When seeing Dr. Vasquez the wait is never long without an update, he doesn't seem hurried, he listens and answers in terms I can understand ( I didn't attend medical school ), he is FANTASTIC with my children never flustered/aggrievated by their fears, finally he returns calls promptly! His nurses are pretty patient and wonderful too! Margaret Blunck

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Very easy to talk to and very respectful and patient in explaining diagnosis. He uses a sheet where you write your symptoms and then gives you a report of the visit with any follow up instructions. I really think highly of him

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Dr Vazquez is a fantastic doctor! Very nice and courteous to his patients and very well informed..Highly recomend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Ernie is an excellent Doctor. Knowledgeable, yet speaks plainly.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Dr. Ernesto Vazquez's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 2000)

• BCBS Florida