Ratings for Dr. Karen O'Neill

I was very pleased with my visit to Dr. O'Neill. It started with the receptionist, Laurie, who took the trouble to call me a few days after I called her to check on length of time for an appointment. She had a cancellation and thought I'd like to take advantage of that, since I had mentioned I was concerned that my lesion might be cancerous. Dr. O'Neill was honest and explained what I needed for this issue and she also told me about treatments for other moles and did not recommend I do anything about them. She took the time to explain everything to me. I would not hesitate to tell my friends about her. She did not push any cosmetic dermatology on me at all.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

She did a great job and was less expensive for cosmetic mole removal. Also treated me for acne and made recommendations that were not solely medication based. Was disgusted by the amount of advertising in her new office on cool sculpting, as i have suffered from body image issues.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I've had skin problems since I was a teenager including acne, flaky skin around the face, and some scales on my shins. The latter two of which have always bugged me since they cause embarrassment, sometimes go out of hand, and prior doctors shrugged them off as dry skin or fungal infection (which didn't quite explain these as I moisturize daily and have used anti-fungal medication but have not properly treated them). In the time I spent with Dr. O'Neill, she demonstrated mastery of her discipline not just by her diagnoses of my problems but also by her thorough explanation of what the skin disorders were, and what treatments are available for these conditions . I consider my visit as one of my best doctor-patient experience thus far as she also showed excellent patient care by providing detailed responses to my questions, setting realistic expectations of the treatments, and her general presence.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Saw o'neil once and she was quite short abrupt and did not help me although I was referred by one of her peers whose also a friend of her and she couldn't care less. She's not a good doctor lack of empathy etc. Will never recommend her

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

This doctor does not take the time to properly diagnose you. I drove down from out of town as I am a student living two hours away. When I arrived I was told I did not have an appointment even though I called two weeks prior and wrote it in my calendar during the call. Still, she agreed to see me and when I got into the room, after a forty minute wait, she sat down and said she could not help me. She said that I needed a plastic surgeon for my problem she previously tried to burn off as a skin tag. She did not look, touch, check my issue at all, She did not perform a biopsy or anything. I am highly disappointed by her service as I waited a long time for a dermatologist. She is highly overrated or her service has gone down drastically. Don't waste your time, go somewhere else!!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I have been to Dr. O'Neil on many occasions for Botox. Her hands are magical. I've gone straight back to work after the procedure and you wouldn't know I'd had anything done. I have had the same procedure done by another doctor before finding Dr. O'Neil. I would have severe bruising always. I knew no better. My husband asked me why I was doing this to myself. I'm so pleased I found Dr. O'Neil. I'm always seen on time and her staff are great; as she is herself; very warm and friendly. I'm so glad I found her, she does lovely work.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

This Doctor needs to go back to school for a refresher course . Was loosing hair, eyelashes etc with a scalp problem. She asks one question and diagnoses it as stress related! Then proceeded to sell me a product for my eye lashes which I had a reaction to. No refund for this because she said it was like a prescription , which is not sure because company will take product back if there is a problem. This Dr. Needs to get out of the cosmetic field and leave it to the specialists. Back to my problem , went to a hormone Dr. And my DHEA was off the chart which Can cause problems like I was having. Maybe she should check blood first before diagnosing! One person which I believe is a relative at the front desk also needs a refresher course ! Don't waste your time going to her not worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I'm so happy that I found Dr. Karen O'Neill! Thanks to her and her knowledgeable stuff , new med aesthetician Stana my acne is finally under control. Dr.O'Neill listened to me and since I didn't feel comfortable taking antibiotics she introduced me to Stana who took great care of me. She introduced to me proper home skin care products and I'm doing in office medical acne treatments .Its been 3 months and I can't be happier!!!!! I will highly recommend her office ! They are not there just to sell you, they are all about helping you

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I have been going to DrO'Neil on and off for over 20 years for skin issues and cosmetic the last few years when I asked. Dr. o'Neil is always respectful and inquires how she can help you today. Her manner is attentive cheerful and professional. As of late when I inquired about fillers I never once felt pressured, and must note didn't proceed immediately. Wonderful lovely doctor and the staff are great too.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Since 2008 I had a number of referrals to Dr.O'Neill. My experiences have been very positive. I appreciated her advice, the manner in which the remedial procedures were performed, and the results achieved. All in a helpful, courteous, professional manner. I was also impressed by the efficiency and cheerful service provided by both Kathrin and Pauline in the front office. At times I'm astonished by the rudely and crudely composed critiques submitted by some patients about their medical advisors. I wonder if such contributors have similar complaints about their banker, grocer, mail carrier - and why?

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015