Ratings for Dr. Harold J. Colbassani

Went to see Colbasani for 2nd opinion. 1+years after Lumbar Fusion, pain increased dramatically. Original surgeon made a huge mistake with instrumentation. Colbasani spent no more than 4 minutes with me saying there was nothing wrong with me. However, a post-operative MRI report showed a major mistake was made during my surgery and fusion never took place. I WAS TOLD BY COLBASANI "NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH ME, MY FUSION WAS OK". Colbasani was obviously covering up Weber's horrendous mistake. Went for 3rd opinion and learned of the faults of my original surgery. Why did Colbasani not advise me of this? It was glaringly obvious a mistake was made. I was never told that Colbasiani was affiliated with my original Neuro-Surgeon. Major conflict of interest. My life has been changed permanently. As a result of this, I am now disabled, in constant pain, depressed and far too young to be laid up in bed. BE CAREFUL PLEASE! Do your homework and settle for only what you feel is the best.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Colbassani is a very talented neurosurgeon. He removed a golf ball size tumor from my brain 1 month ago via minimally invasive surgery. I am a very high risk patient as I have a bleeding disorder. The surgery went better than expected, I was up and moving around in the neurointensive care unit the 2nd day, I went home 4 days later. I am so blessed as my tumor was benign. I will share with you that I felt very confident with his level of expertise, knowledge and he has a great bedside manner. He's a straight shooter, no mincing of words. I am a R.N. and found the entire experience to be miraculous. I highly recommend Dr. Harold Colbassani to help heal you.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

For a neurosurgeon , if you want one who stares at your films, little if none communication, then this doctor is the one for you. Post op my incision opened up, I had severe pain, right leg would give out, resulting in many falls, I compkained for a year something was wrong and then he dropped me as a patient ( within weeks of trying to schedule me for a myleogram to see what went wrong ) to this day I still have nerve damage to my right leg, severe pain WOULD NOT RECOMMEND !

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

My Dad was sent to Dr Colbassani as an emergency from Mease Countryside to Morton Plant Clearwater with a severe brain bleed. He is almost 93 and Dr Colbassani was exceptional, as were his surgery skills, he explained everything in language I could understand, was kind and respectful. We were very fortunate that he was the neurosurgeon that operated on my Dad. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

Dr Colbassani is not a man of words but he has magic hands. He did a discectomy on me and the pain I had been having was gone when I woke up and has not returned. It has been over a year. I would go back to him in a heartbeat if I ever need neurosurgery again.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Best Neurosurgeon in the Tampa Bay area, skilled and great staff. Would highly recommend him to anyone who has herniated disk problems!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

I was referred to Dr Colbassani from my Chiropractor after 4 months of PT and treatment. I was being treated for severe neck & back pain due to an auto accident. I had a cervical fusion perfomed. The pain was gone and all symptoms were relieved within 1 week of this surgery. Great follow-up care. one of the best most knowledgable doctors I have ever met.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

Dr. Harold J. Colbassani's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Clearwater, FL