Ratings for Dr. Christine Whitmore

My wife and I will never go back to Dr Whitmore again, it's unfortunate that my mom still sees her and been with her practice for a long time. And it is more unfortunate my late dad use to see her. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer after it was too late (stage 4). She never noticed that he had lost so much weight within 5 yrs, and never thought once to send him to have an endoscopy (her answer was "drink boost".....seriously I have so much to say regarding the subject. She dismisses a lot of things that you ask her. It is sad that the elderly see her and have no say in the matter. Anyways, I hope people will come to realize it before anything unfortunate happens.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

We came across Christine Whitmore, MD at Mom's nursing home where she is a visiting physicians. At first, she comes across with a nice smile and then, she just takes over the meeting and is talking at you, with no end in sight, instead of going straight to the point and the issue on hand. One starts to confirm a thought that she is just talking down at you and does not know how to listen. It is hard to break into her never ending "talk". And when finally, one is successful at it and is confronting her with an ISSUE - the side effects caused by prescribed by-her drugs... she responds... "I feel insulted by you questioning me"... "so you say that we are all stupid here"... in this last one, she is usurping a representation for all the good people present in the room, which a logical person can see as very narcissistic and unprofessional. Again, she does not know how to listen. We do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I used to think that Dr. Whitmore was the best doctor I had ever had. Unfortunately as time went along, she was hard to access and seemed distracted. She also ousted me from her practice and I was less than impressed.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Whitmore since I was little. She is always very helpful in asnswering questions and relates well since she has 2 kids my age. I have recommended her to many of my family members.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Great doctor. Definitely above average and cares about her patients. Easily recommend her, but I think she's slowing down.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2010

Dr. Whitmore had delivered my first child way back in 1990, great doctor at first looking after my second child too. Then she excommunicated us with a form letter a couple of years back. Too bad, saw her here and there away from the office unexpectedly. She has a good bedside manner! Seems a little confused. I looked into her office desk area, a total mess and I was totally shocked with that. I don't think she likes being a doctor and was thinking about a career change. I find her very impatient, talking about her social life while delivering babies. Not very professional! Yes, she did push the card on our family too, good idea, we needed it! She has a beautiful smile and very bouncy! Since she excommunicated us from her practise, my family have been going to other doctors, Fairview and Ten Dr. Milad good at the beginning then just up and left without warning January 2010. Not very helpful or listener, we end us listening to his problems! Great Dr. Sarsam at 10&Eglinton great listener.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

I was with Christine for a long time. At first she was very helpful but as my problems started to increase, she would offer advice that was not really helpful and often was sarcastic. When she downsized she cut my whole family loose. We found a terrific doctor. Thank you Christine, you did us a favor.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2010

I had been with Dr. Whitmore for nearly 15 years (since I was a kid), when she decided to downsize her practice and cut me loose. In addition, she expected ME to pay to have my files transferred, when I was NOT leaving of my own accord. None of the other doctors at that practice were accepting new patients! Before that, I found it almost impossible to get an appointment, and when I was able to get one, she rushed me out so quickly. I would not recommend her unless you are willing to wait two weeks for an appointment - at the risk that it might get cancelled at the last minute!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

Dr. Whitmore has been my family doctor since I was a teenager. She now takes care of my two young boys as well. She is kind and frienldy. She is constantly reading and taking courses to stay on the cutting edge of medicine. She is an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

Been with Dr Whitmore for 7 years and 2 pregnancies. She is a pleasant person, easily sidetracked but very personable. Sometimes you feel like you're with a doctor, sometimes a friend. She has pushed the "card" on me at times too. Have had appts. where she gets me so sidetracked with stories I leave realizing I forgot to ask important questions. She has cancelled several appointments on me. This can be frustrating. I get the sense there is a lot happening in her life outside of her practice that is affecting her practice. I liked feeling like I was chatting with a girlfriend, but I can honestly say overall I don't think I was getting the best service from her as a doctor or as a professional. Sorry Christine.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009