Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Y. Greene

Dr. Greene has been helpful anytime I have questions and give me very informed answers. She has always been personable and asked me about my family and life events even though I only see her once a year. I would recommend her to anyone as I started to see her at the age of 17 and she made my first appointment comforting by talking through what she was doing and kept me calm. I have been a patient of hers for 7 years now and not once have considered seeing someone else.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr. Greene is amazing. I have been seeing her for over 13 years and she has delivered all 3 of my children. She is friendly, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. She is also very personable and relates to my issues and explains everything in detail. Her staff is also amazing, reviews stating otherwise are insane or the kind of people that put themselves up on a pedestal. Ignore those reviews, if want quality care Dr. Greene is absolutely the best!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Greene for 15 years, and I was highly disappointed that after complaining about an issue, she did not check me. I paid a copay for a conversation when I really wanted her to check me. Initially she sent me out for tests, but she was unaware of my results when I arrived. Due to my results being normal, she advised me to come back if my issue persists, but she should have checked me. I think patients should have access to their results, and it's undortunate that we have to rely on a voice message from Lenora. Most doctors have patient portals that allow patients to have complete access of their medical chart, and it's unfortunate that in 2016 she has not incorporated this in her practice. Dr. Greene seemed very cold and uninterested. I will be finding another OBGYN.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Norita is mean and nasty, Dr. Greene wants patients that are like her, the nurse seems to know more how to deal with people. Glad I changed DR's.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

If you like to be put off as though you don't matter as a patient, then this doctor should suit you fine. The office staff is very incompetent. And rude. The doctor is very knowledgeable. Not very personable if that matters to you. I'm looking elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I love Dr Green. Both her and her staff are so friendly and I have a good time with them every time I go. Never looked forward to going to the gynecologist until I met Dr. Green. She came highly recommended from my regular Dr. and I thank him for that.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr Greene was the doctor on call at St Barnabas when I had my first son back in 2007. Overall, traumatic experience and looking back, clearly a lawsuit. She preformed an unnecessary episiotomy, without numbing the area. I felt the excruciating burn when she cut and she didn't numb the area to stitch even after it was very apparent the epidural failed and I could feel everything. She was rude and told me not to scream, I had let out what I could only imagine was a very loud scream during the initial cut. That should have been a sign to numb. My female area took nearly a year to heal and the area stayed too tight for comfort up until the birth of my second child, 6 years later. I had other issues afterwards as well. Terrified at giving birth again, I can say my new doctor did a fabulous job and I'm all fixed down there. Would never ever use Greene or deliver at St Barnabas ever again!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Nurse Lenore was rude and poor at communicating. She is the staff member responsible for calling and discussing prescriptions and procedures, but did not communicate medical instructions well. She used many medical acronyms and made condescending remarks in response to questions, such as "it's common sense". I arrived for a procedure and misunderstood the instruction and ended up getting into a verbal argument with Nurse Lenore where she read back what she said to me from the chart, again using all of her acronyms. I told her that I'm sure those seem like common sense if you are a nurse at a gynecologist's office, but they were not to me (To give some point of reference, I have a masters degree in a health-related profession. I would NEVER speak to or treat my clients as I was here. Here being a gynecologist's office, the staff of which, in my opinion, should be more sensitive because they work with patients on issues that are often frightening and already uncomfortable to discuss). So, as a result to arguing with Nurse Lenore, I had to listen to her complain about me loudly to the rest of the staff just outside of the door and prior to an invasive and scary procedure. To be fair, on other visits Dr. Greene was very nice and polite and took the time to answer questions. This was not the case on this day, she was very cold and brief. During the procedure, she made an ambiguous comment that might have meant something was wrong, but didn't elaborate when I asked her about it. When I got home, I just cried and never went back.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Dr. Greene and her staff are professional, considerate, and compassionate individuals. Dr. Greene is very generous with her time making sure that all of my questions are answered and concerns addressed. She has delivered all 3 of my children and I could not have been happier with the quality of care that I received. Dr. Greene, the nurses and staff were always pleasant, accommodating and a true pleasure to interact with whether it was for an appointment or a call in with a question. Dr. Greene is also very responsive to after-hours calls. I highly recommend her practice to anyone looking for a great and personable doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Greene and Nurse Lenore since I was 18. Four children and 15 years later, I still find her to be the best. She recently delivered my 4 th child and 4 th csection very successfully as I was aware that I could have complications from a thin uterus. Dr. Greene and her staff were once again wonderful during this pregnancy explaining things every step of the way. Dr. Greene is very patient, thorough, and has great bedside manner. After many appt.s I may have waited a handful of times but the care I receive is well worth the wait. Reality is that you will wait in most dr offices and for a longer amount of time. I would rather have a doctor who gives me the time I need during my appt. Dr. Greene, Lenore, Janelle, and Janet are great. I have had only pleasant dealings with them. They are friendly and personable, always asking about my kids and how things are. Both nurses always make me feel comfortable and at ease. Thank Dr.Greene and staff!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Dr. Jennifer Y. Greene's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)