Ratings for Dr. Lewis Samuels

Had my hip replaced 6 months ago. It was a total mess, but I'm almost back to pre-crumbling stage. Dr. S was patient, clear, made sure he came by to see me while in the hospital and also sent an assistant a couple of times.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I had hip replacement surgery four and half years ago and I am still in pain. I have a referral to see an orthopaedic surgeon in Winnipeg. Nice man, but surgery didn't help me much.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Samuels did not come and give family any update after surgery, was poor at communicating, did not see patient regularly in hospital, discharged patient too early before ready and has left a very poorly done incision line which will be a nasty scar once healed. Impersonal and uncaring in attitude.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

He is such a friendly, caring and compassionate doctor. Listens to your concerns and doesn't rush you out. Explains thing and tries to find the best solution.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

If I could give Dr. Samuels more than 5 out of 5 stars I certainly would! Fractured my femur, he was the nicest, kindest, patient surgeon, "The Bone Whisperer"

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr Samuels told me he would get rid of the pain and he did.Not completely healed yet but so far so good.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I had an appointment with Dr Samuels and he was one of the nicest doctors I've ever had to deal with, very friendly and personable and knowledgeable. Everybody in the clinic was lovely to deal with! Definitely worth waiting three months to see.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I was hurt in an accident in Brandon and this doctor ended up fixing my left arm (radius and ulna compound fracture) he left my left ring finger smashed and when I brought it up to the staff they told me it wasn't broken and refused to xray or do anything but bring me ice for 3 days. once my family showed up they started being more attentive but still the staff was very unfriendly and left me in pain for my whole stay. they ended up doing xrays and seen my finger had a dorcel fracture that was really obvious without a xray then told me there was nothing they could do there so , at 5a.m they woke me up gave me a tramacet and a .5 shot of morphine then sent me back to Winnipeg at in my work vehicle. once I arrived at hsc the doctors there did nothing but criticize his poor work. now my ulna is twisted and I have a plate that sticks out and hurts to bump even in the slightest. Thankfully the staff at hsc are going to re-do my arm properly!! the only good thing I have to say about that experience is they filled out and submitted my compensation form fast.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Samuels and his amazing surgical team gave me a new knee that is a miracle. What a responsible, kind, knowledgeable, skilled and ethical team. I am so blessed and grateful. Sally P.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Unsafe practices from asst in cast clinic. Rough hurtful. Need more surgeries wpg to repair drs work. Had complications as well directly related to surgery.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014