Ratings for Dr. Lewis Samuels

I have had 2 knee replacement and a revision with Dr .Samuels .Always a good experience with him . I recommend him to everyone .

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

I am a polio victim of around 70 years. My “good” hip began to give me problems hence my referral to Dr. Samuels. He checked everything out very carefully and then offered me a hip replacement. He performed the surgery just over 4 years ago and I can honestly say that I have never experienced such wonderful care. I expected my rehabilitation to be very difficult due to my existing handicap but everything was put in place to get me back on my feet. An excellent result delivered by a superb doctor who is also a very approachable and compassionate person. Thank you so much Dr Samuels,you have given me a new spring in my step!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

A scheduled appointment to cast my daughter's broken arm. Other than waiting about a half hour longer than the scheduled appointment it was punctual. We had heard from a friend that you could pay for a waterproof option. This stuff did not mention this to us until I requested it. It required me to take a prescription across the street into the basement of the Brandon Clinic to pick up a special underlay. It would have been nice if they had offered it to us and it would be nice to see it easier to access. Dr. Samuels himself was very nice and personable made my 11 year olds feel safe and good.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Did my wife's knee twice as first time it failed. Took him six months to believe some thing was wrong. Did a revision and botched that. Knee joint is to low. Constant pain. Cripple for life DO NOT LET HIM TOUCH YOU

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Had my hip replaced 6 months ago. It was a total mess, but I'm almost back to pre-crumbling stage. Dr. S was patient, clear, made sure he came by to see me while in the hospital and also sent an assistant a couple of times.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I had hip replacement surgery four and half years ago and I am still in pain. I have a referral to see an orthopaedic surgeon in Winnipeg. Nice man, but surgery didn't help me much.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Samuels did not come and give family any update after surgery, was poor at communicating, did not see patient regularly in hospital, discharged patient too early before ready and has left a very poorly done incision line which will be a nasty scar once healed. Impersonal and uncaring in attitude.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

He is such a friendly, caring and compassionate doctor. Listens to your concerns and doesn't rush you out. Explains thing and tries to find the best solution.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

If I could give Dr. Samuels more than 5 out of 5 stars I certainly would! Fractured my femur, he was the nicest, kindest, patient surgeon, "The Bone Whisperer"

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr Samuels told me he would get rid of the pain and he did.Not completely healed yet but so far so good.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016