Ratings for Dr. Theresa M. Franks

Worst Doctor in group. She prescribed medicine, but refuses to do the cecessary paper work to qualify the medicine for health care approval. Totally unprofessional about pacient concerts. Refuses to get involved and pushes inquiries off on her staff. If you are looking for a caring doctor with your concerns at heart............. Forget this one, she' totally heartless an mostly disconnected fro anything that requires her personal envlovement.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Franks for over 13 years. She has always been attentive to my needs and interested in me as a person, as well as provided me with exceptional care and attention. When I have needed to change health insurance, the first thing I do is make sure that she is on the plan. I am grateful to her for her exceptional expertise as well as guidance and concern. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

she has both helped me and my daughter and i cannot ask for a better doctor to take care of us

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

She is terrible..no bedside manner at all. Gripes about working so many years until retirement. I think she hates her job. Treated my daughter crappy also. We won't be going back. Gave me a prescription for hormone pills. She thought my ins. covered them. Only cost $210. for one month!!!!

Submitted May 6, 2015

DON'T EVER GO TO DR. Franks. I wish I would have read this before I had her for a doctor. I read more negative reviews then positive so what does that tell you about this doctor? Terrible, the worst doctor ever. After my hysterectomy I told her the pain medication wasn't working too well for me and she said, "that is because you're not a good girl and listen to what I tell you." if you follow my instructions then u will heal faster. Seriously? NOT all of us are the same we are all different and take pain differently. She didn't do anything about my pain ignores all my calls and lets her nurse handle all her calls instead. She messed up my leg during the surgery cause it NEVER healed right til this day. She keeps telling me to go to my primary doctor when she is the one that operated on me. Then after months of waiting for her to do something she sends me to a specials just for the specialist to say she coulen't do anything for me and the specialist spent the whole time telling me that this isn't the first time that Dr. Franks sends her patients to her and that I'm not the only one that has complaints. She doesn't own up to her responsibilities and she is just washing her hands clean of everything. She is just sending me here and there and everywhere because she doesn't know how to deal with me herself. I can go on and on about her. I was even advised to sue her for my leg. I don't know why she waited so long to send me to a specialist when she knew all along that I have told her about my leg pain since my surgery. Then she said that after surgery I will develop arthritis . She could have told me this right off the bat but instead made me wait for months to tell me later when it's too late. Now I live with this handicap. I can't hardly walk or do the things I use to do before this surgery. My stomach has ugly scares and is still very itchy. She never calls me back to schedule a follow up. She gave me the same blood test that my primary doctor just gave me cause she didn't a agree with my primary doctor. She said, with anger "How could he say that it's normal? you march right back where you came from and tell him this is not normal." Anyways, so I took another blood test just to find out that my primary doctor was right all along. The blood test results are both the same and had the same outcome which is NORMAL. So I freaken did the test for nothing other then being poked again. If all this doesn't give you all an eye opener then I don't know what will. I would run from this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Franks has been by ob/gyn for 13 years. She was my doctor with all three of my children as well as through one miscarriage. Since having my children, Dr. Franks has been my go to doctor for any of the "lady problems" that occur as I start moving closer to 40. She has always been kind, punctual, and knowledgeable. I have recommended her to friends and family, all of whom have been happy with her professional demeanor and bedside manner. Couldn't be happier with another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

TRULY AN AWESOME DOCTOR AND VERY KIND AND FRIENDLY. ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS AND EVEN ASKED IF I HAD MORE! I will definitely be returning!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR. We waited for 40 minutes in the exam room and when she entered she had a terrible bedside manner. She was came across abrupt and rude. She did not offer any help other than some printouts from the internet, knowledge of which I already knew from researching the condition myself. She did no exam whatsoever just sat behind her computer typing verbatim what was said. I wish I would have NEVER gone to this office, a waste of my money and my time.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Awesome Doctor! Needed new GYN since mine had retired. She was funny, informative and made me feel comfortable. Laughed throughout my exam (both the verbal and physical) Really easygoing, felt like I was visiting an old girlfriend. This is my new GYN, loved her and her MA was a doll! Really glad I did not see this website before my appt, it would have probably colored my vision and kept me from making my own judgement. Thank you Dr. Franks!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Takes short cuts. Rushes through appt., Does not advise properly prior to performing procedures. Very short tempered. Dresses inappropriately - short skirts, low cut tops (??) Constantly and purposely displays a patronizingly superior attitude. Does not listen to your concerns, and states that she "has her methods" and what you think as a patient does not matter! Uses the statement: "I've been doing this for 18 year..." as a justification for her unwillingness to listen to your concerns as a patient! Worst experience of my life!!!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

Dr. Theresa M. Franks's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Kaiser-Permanente