Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Thomas

Best doctor around! My son broke his ulna and we took him to Dr. Thomas. We were blown away by the kindness, attention to detail, and overall compassion we saw from Dr. Thomas and his entire staff!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr Thomas is a excellent Doctor my son have cerebral palsy and he needs to get his right leg cast twice a year, every time we go to his office we get the best treatment,we adore him !Sometimes my son says that he miss his Doctor which is really cute. But I understand because Doctor Thomas is very nice friendly guy.I highly recommend this Doctor just wonderful so his staff very professional nice people :) Rebeca Golubich

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr. thomas and his staff are top notch! They are the most caring I have ever experienced. I recommend them to anyone & everyone I know. Beginning with appts. To surgery, they have gone above & beyond& completely exceeded our expectations .

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. Thomas did my scoliosis surgery at National Children's Hospital in Washington, DC back in 2003. Dr. Thomas I just want to take the time out to say Thank you so much!!! You did a fantastic job on my back and also helped me continue to live a normal life.. once again thank you Dr. Michael Thomas... excellent DR

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Dr. Thomas treated my daughter when she was in the neonatal intensive care unit at Summerlin Hospital as a 27-week preemie. She had gotten a severe staph infection (in an incubator, if you can believe that). Dr. Thomas was called in to do a procedure on her ankles and feet at around 10 p.m. at night. Thank God for Dr. Thomas. He did a phenomenal job. We continued to see him for a few years as follow-ups, and I think the world of him. He's soft spoken, thoughtful and the best at what he does.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Dr. Michael D. Thomas was amazing today. His bedside manner was phenomenal especially dealing with my frightened son. He made us laugh, he explained all procedures thoroughly and made it easy for us to understand. The entire staff was friendly and courteous from start to finish. We felt the care and concern from everyone and it made us feel very comfortable. Thank you Dr. Thomas---- now my son wants to be a MD like you!!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Great doctor! Finally a doctor who picked up on my daughters problem with her foot. Went to 4 doctors before who didn't have any answers.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

We love Dr. Thomas! He is great with my daughter. He spends alot of time answering her questions and talks directly to her. She is 11 years old and explains everything so she can understand it. He is great with children! She loves him!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

I need to update my rating on this doctor- I gave him the horrible previous review. I did give Dr. Thomas another chance since my choices were so limited on pediatric orthopedic doctors. The Tenaya location is MUCH better than the Henderson Office. Wait time was short and they seemed much more on-the-ball there. Also, I've realized that Dr. Thomas is just a very quiet and soft-spoken person, and if you understand that he does not seem so rude. He does know what he's doing. Take charge of what you need to get from his care and he will come through. He is a thorough doctor. If you feel rushed, don't allow it and ask questions- he will sit down and make sure he answers everything. He's not that proactive with explaining everything unless you ask, but if you know that ahead of time you can work with it.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

VERY disappointed.It took 1.5 hours in the waiting room BEFORE they called us up just to check in! Once back in the exam room, Dr. Thomas came in quickly. He was not personable AT ALL- HORIBBLE BEDSIDE MANNER. Barely looked at or talked to me about my daughter's condition. Acted like I was an idiot when I asked him to clarify something. The room was freezing and he never told me I could get my daughter dressed- so I took his non-verbal clues that he was done examining her and put her clothes back on (she's 3 mos.). Then he said his nurse would help get us in for a follow-up. He wrote a little more down and then just walked out- no "goodbye," "see you next time," NOTHING. I thought for a minute he was coming back, but then realized he wasn't when his nurse ended up coming in. He spent max. 3 minutes with us and did not thoroughly explain anything. His behavior combined with the ridiculous wait in the waiting room makes me NOT RECOMMEND going to his office, if you can avoid it.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

Dr. Michael D. Thomas's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)