Ratings for Dr. Joel G Cohen

ive been with dr cohen for over 10 year's..he is just wonderful and helpful.i would never go anywhere else

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

Saw Dr. Cohen after going to two other Doctors who did nothing for my sinus issue. Withing a matter of two visits he was able to resolve all my issues. He, and his staff, are awesome.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

It is 2012 and I just recieved a bill for a procedured done in 2009 for 600. It is my understanding that this has happened to many former patients. I have contacted an attorney and he has indicated that many of these charges are no longer legitimate. He has also mentioned that the more people that come forward about this the stronger the case. Please let me know if this has happened to you. You can reach me at unfairbilling@gmail.com

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

I was referred due to a potential throat issue. He examined me thorougly and within 3 days, the problem was resolved after folllowing his treatment plan! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Do not go and see Dr. Cohen. I went for my allergies and before I could speak a word he suggested that I get a CT scan along with other x-rays and allergy tests. I told him that Nasonex works just fine but he would not prescribe it to me until I did the other tests. The CT tests are administered across the street at his golf buddies practice so beware!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

This guy is terrible. He pushes sleep apnea treatments. With barely an examination, he said I had sleep apnea and was obstructed in all 4 locations. He then sent me for a nasal MRI and sleep study (I'm sure he gets a referral fee for this). He mentioned nasal surgery, CPAP machine and allergy meds. Sleep apnea is a low risk diagnosis and there is a lot of money he can milk out of this. If you want to go the most expensive and unnecessary route, this is the guy.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

Doctor appeared very helpful at first. Insisted I needed a hyoid suspension which has permanantly changed my appearance. Total procedures done should have allowed me to be out of hospital within a day, I stayed 11 days. Dr had a poor bedside manner and was rough and rude to the point that even the nurses commented on his demeanor. Dr blamed me for not wanting to get better but offered no explanation or help. Dr was very rude and arrogant right down to being downright mean. He yelled at me when he tried inserting ng tube and blamed me for bloody noe.When I went to his office for follow up and asked about the lump which appeared under my chin he told me I would have to see a plastic surgeon. His response was that there were several and they made a lot of money for fixing those types of problems. He then told me that insurance would not cover the procedure. His staff and PA were very curteous. I have not returned nor do I plan on returning. He is, however, very knowledgeable in his field

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

The doctor didn't seem to be attentive. He just wanted to send me to do a bunch of tests without even asking any questions. He sent me to do the same allergy test again even though i did once and everything came out negative a year ago. Seems to me that he cares about the bills more than people.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Be very careful. I had seen his PA for an ear infection and was repeatedly asked how I slept, if I snored, and so on. They appear to be running a surgery mill there and when my sleep study came back negative for Apnea the PA seemed almost dissapointed.Use caution and always get a second opinion.The PA was describing the surgery for me as if I was a candidate prior to getting my results back. Nice person, but use caution and better judgement and always get a differential opinion.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

He is a very nice person; very knoweldgable and caring. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Joel G Cohen's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1967)