Ratings for Dr. T. Spark Corwin

I was referred to corwin for kidney surgery. I tried to talk with him about pain medication before surgery but he brushed me off. I am alergic to opoids. There are options but apparently he cannot be bothered. After surgergy I wound up in the emergency room with severe pain. Because of the poor pain management my recovery was extended by several weeks. In the future I will not let a doctor touch me if they will not discuss pain management options like an adult. This guy is a quack as far as I'm concerned.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

First rate doctor. Listen and then explained what he could do for me. Explained risks and benefits. Explained what the complications could occur. I really felt he cared about my problem. On time for every appointment.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Very poor service. I had an emergency and I called to talk to Dr Corwin or at least make an appointment. No call back. I ended up in the ER.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Corwin. First, he listens extremely well. Even when I might skip lightly through a lesser point, he will likely say something later indicating that he heard the point. He invites his patient to share details, as though he were collaborating with a colleague working towards a solution. Yet without sounding pompous or regal, he just as smoothly informs and educates his patient. He does so with clarity and compassion, just as a knowledgeable expert is expected when teaching a worried and ignorant person about the medical condition and the available remedies. After thirty-two years of paralysis and after seeing many doctors in two states, eight years of them with Dr. Corwin, I rate him right at the top. The tip-top.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

Staff are not friendly. Doctor great. Needs a better receptionist. I would recommend the doctor.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr. Corwin is very personable and staight-forward. He is patient-friendly and makes sure that you understand every procedure.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I orginally made an appt with the Dr Fong (he was refered to me) but the receptionist messed up and scheduled me with Dr Corwin. The nurses are nice the receptionist not very friendly. The dr was nice but he still hasnt figured out whats wrong w/me..I am still in pain. Follow up is not very good...still waiting to hear back on my CT w/contrast

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr. Corwin is very knowledgable and up to date on new findings yet he still takes the time to sit and listen to you. He is very helpful in making sure you are aware of the situation and carefully explains the physical details of your reason for coming in to see him. He also explains the medications and procedures anticipated. Yet, it never seems he is talking "down to you" in any way. He acknowledges your wisdom and input on what you are experiencing. He is not quick to suggest procedures that may not be needed. His surgery skills are excellent. I would and have suggested him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

I fired my last Urologest. I would recomend him to anyone.He is progressive and will listen to the paitient.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

I had my first visit today and I am very pleased. I have had bad experiences with two urologists in the past. I feel that I will not have to look any further for a good urologist

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

Dr. T. Spark Corwin's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1998)