Ratings for Dr. James Brookes

I am a parent who has met a variety of Doctors over a number of years in the hospital and I can assure you this is one of the best out there. He is professional, genuinely caring, and an excellent surgeon. I would trust him doing surgery on my child any day!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. James Brooks did not follow the orders of my pediatrician( well known paediatrician in Alberta Dr. Gerald Vaz ). This an unethical man, did not do what the doctor ordered. Rather, professional interference by Dr. Joe Warshaski, A family member of my son, changed surgery that have been recommended by the head doctor the head paediatrician on the direction of my sons father. Never never never let this man touch your child. if you want to know more about my experience feel free to call me Meara Palmer 403-581-3303. My poor baby suffers to this day.

Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Brookes is an amazing surgeon and dr. He performed a difficult surgery on my 14 month old daughter with no complications. He explained everything to us so we could understand and was very patient with out questions and concerns. He was very reassuring and his staff is great as well.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Brookes did my daughter's ear tubes. After two years of chronic illness and pain, she is finally feeling better! Great bedside manner and his staff were all very nice.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Dr Brookes did surgery on my 9 month old. After being in pain and receiving no help from 4 other doctors what a relief when Dr Brookes felt with the abcess on my son's neck and he finally felt better. He was so kind and reassuring, a wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Wonderful doctor! Great bedside manner and very knowledgable! My son was constantly sick and always on antibiotics for strep throat ear infections. He caught everything. After his ear surgery and adenoids removed he seriously hasent been sick since! Dr Brooks is a fab.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. Brookes is an amazing doctor and surgeon. He diagnosed our daughter and connected us with a number of other professionals to provide us with knowledge testing and support for her genetic disorder. He took the time to answer all of our questions and concerns before he operated on our 6 month old daughter. Her operation was tricky and required Dr.Brookes to be innovative. Her surgery was successful, and for the first time in 6 months, we got to hear our daughter's voice. To top it off, Dr Brookes recognized our need to get back to our other child who was 8 hrs away and when everyone else said transferring to another hospital was too difficult, he made it happen. Dr. Brookes is s top notch surgeon and a caring, personable individual. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

He is great doctor he explains everything and the nurse is helpful I really recommend him we loved this doctor

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

our 5 year old son had kissing tonsils and he couldn't eat/ breath or sleep. He was always sick. A locum doctor referred us to a surgeon in Red Deer who only removed the adenoids, he rushed us out of his office, insulted us and our doctors and was generally a horrible person. Our doctor then referred us to Dr Brookes at ACH. From the moment we met him we were at ease. He was amazing with our son. After our sons second surgery when he was in recovery, Dr Brookes came out and assured us he was ok, he went in and checked the adenoids and they had grown back (AFTER ONLY 5 MONTHS!!) and were infected so he removed them as well as the biggest tonsils he has seen from a 5 year old. Since then our son has thrived and gained the appropriate amount of weight bc he could eat, he is healthy and happy. Thank you Dr Brookes and his wonderful staff at the ACH.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

My special thanks to Dr Brooks and the Children's Hospital staff for the wonderful job you did on the surgical removal of a little tumor inside my daughter's nose. Dr Brooks is a great surgeon and I would recommend him highly!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015