Ratings for Dr. James Brookes

Dr Brooks has been amazing with my daughter who suffers chronic ear infections, and my son who had chronic strep throat. He is amazing with the kids, and fantastic with the parents!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

All three of our children have had consultations with Dr. Brooks and two of them have had surgery. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is professional to us as parents, but relatable to our kids, which we really appreciated. Our 4 year old had tonsils and adenoids out for sleep apnea and I'm glad that Dr. Brooks listened to my concerns and didn't try to talk me out of the surgery I specifically requested because it was "just" sleep apnea. Our son has had such an improved quality of life since his surgery. Unfortunately our oldest had to wait a whole year to see Dr. Brooks, but I blame that on the system and not on him personally. He had only his adenoids removed and I still question whether or not I should have pushed to have his tonsils out at the same time as they are rather large, but do not cause problems at this time. I trusted in his professional opinion and we just left it. Hopefully no regrets in the future. He was kind enough to give advice on our youngest son while he cared for our other two regarding chronic ear infections. He told us to get a referral and he would see our baby. It only took a couple of months to get in and Dr. Brooks was kind and had wonderful advice regarding our son's ears and took the time to really explain the "why" and our options. I have a feeling we will be back for another ENT consult for our youngests' tonsils in a few years...we will see. Thanks, Dr. Brooks!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr Brooks preformed on both me and my brother for adenoids and sleep apnea when we were younger and is by far the best doctor either of us have ever been to!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Fantastic Dr. Operated on both of my children, both needed tubes and one needed adenoids removed. He has been our ENT 10 years, he is one of the best!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I am a parent who has met a variety of Doctors over a number of years in the hospital and I can assure you this is one of the best out there. He is professional, genuinely caring, and an excellent surgeon. I would trust him doing surgery on my child any day!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. James Brooks did not follow the orders of my pediatrician( well known paediatrician in Alberta Dr. Gerald Vaz ). This an unethical man, did not do what the doctor ordered. Rather, professional interference by Dr. Joe Warshaski, A family member of my son, changed surgery that have been recommended by the head doctor the head paediatrician on the direction of my sons father. Never never never let this man touch your child. if you want to know more about my experience feel free to call me Meara Palmer 403-581-3303. My poor baby suffers to this day.

Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Brookes is an amazing surgeon and dr. He performed a difficult surgery on my 14 month old daughter with no complications. He explained everything to us so we could understand and was very patient with out questions and concerns. He was very reassuring and his staff is great as well.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Brookes did my daughter's ear tubes. After two years of chronic illness and pain, she is finally feeling better! Great bedside manner and his staff were all very nice.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Dr Brookes did surgery on my 9 month old. After being in pain and receiving no help from 4 other doctors what a relief when Dr Brookes felt with the abcess on my son's neck and he finally felt better. He was so kind and reassuring, a wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Wonderful doctor! Great bedside manner and very knowledgable! My son was constantly sick and always on antibiotics for strep throat ear infections. He caught everything. After his ear surgery and adenoids removed he seriously hasent been sick since! Dr Brooks is a fab.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016