Ratings for Dr. James Brookes

Dr. Brookes did my daughter's ear tubes. After two years of chronic illness and pain, she is finally feeling better! Great bedside manner and his staff were all very nice.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Dr Brookes did surgery on my 9 month old. After being in pain and receiving no help from 4 other doctors what a relief when Dr Brookes felt with the abcess on my son's neck and he finally felt better. He was so kind and reassuring, a wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Wonderful doctor! Great bedside manner and very knowledgable! My son was constantly sick and always on antibiotics for strep throat ear infections. He caught everything. After his ear surgery and adenoids removed he seriously hasent been sick since! Dr Brooks is a fab.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. Brookes is an amazing doctor and surgeon. He diagnosed our daughter and connected us with a number of other professionals to provide us with knowledge testing and support for her genetic disorder. He took the time to answer all of our questions and concerns before he operated on our 6 month old daughter. Her operation was tricky and required Dr.Brookes to be innovative. Her surgery was successful, and for the first time in 6 months, we got to hear our daughter's voice. To top it off, Dr Brookes recognized our need to get back to our other child who was 8 hrs away and when everyone else said transferring to another hospital was too difficult, he made it happen. Dr. Brookes is s top notch surgeon and a caring, personable individual. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

He is great doctor he explains everything and the nurse is helpful I really recommend him we loved this doctor

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

our 5 year old son had kissing tonsils and he couldn't eat/ breath or sleep. He was always sick. A locum doctor referred us to a surgeon in Red Deer who only removed the adenoids, he rushed us out of his office, insulted us and our doctors and was generally a horrible person. Our doctor then referred us to Dr Brookes at ACH. From the moment we met him we were at ease. He was amazing with our son. After our sons second surgery when he was in recovery, Dr Brookes came out and assured us he was ok, he went in and checked the adenoids and they had grown back (AFTER ONLY 5 MONTHS!!) and were infected so he removed them as well as the biggest tonsils he has seen from a 5 year old. Since then our son has thrived and gained the appropriate amount of weight bc he could eat, he is healthy and happy. Thank you Dr Brookes and his wonderful staff at the ACH.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

My special thanks to Dr Brooks and the Children's Hospital staff for the wonderful job you did on the surgical removal of a little tumor inside my daughter's nose. Dr Brooks is a great surgeon and I would recommend him highly!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Such a great guy overall, I'm so happy with the way the surgery went! I defiantly would recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Excellent Surgeon. Fantastic manner with both children and parents. Put us all at ease.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014