Ratings for Dr. Anthony J. Scalzo

I have had him as a doctor for 3 years and he is great. I have had numerous family members who have also had him as their oncologist and they all think he is great also. Very knowledgeable and helpful. He puts you at ease and you never feel like he is just making face time with you during your visits. When he is in the room, he is listening to what you have to say and is not in a rush to leave. Great doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Dr. Scalzo is a very nice and thoughtful man who answered all my questions. He listened carefully to what I was asking, and allowed me time to finish so that he could give me an accurate answer. I went to him because my hemoglobin was elevated to that of a smoker's (I quit smoking 20 years ago). On my first visit the first thing he did was to tell me (reassure me) that quite often people who take diuretics (as I do) will sometimes have an elevated hemoglobin reading, and looking at the results of my all of my blood work, he would be surprised if this was not the case. More blood tests were done and he was right. I thought it was incredibly thoughtful and kind of him to not leave me dangling with worry any longer than I needed to be.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2007

I was diagnosed w/ breast cancer at age 31- Dr. Scalzo was my Oncologist. I am now almost 40 and still cancer free!!!!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2006

Doesn't like to answer questions.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2005

Dr. Anthony J. Scalzo's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1975)