Ratings for Dr. Camilla Ashley

As a patient of Dr. Ashley's, the treatment she provided was thoughtful, compassionate, and knowledgeable. The progress I was able to make was as a direct result of the effort and expertise of Dr. Ashley. I was very fortunate to have found Dr. Ashley.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I contacted Dr. Ashley because I am in need of a recommendation for an ESA, which is an Emotional Support Animal. I do not believe in taking pills for every single thing in life and would rather be able to have my dog live with me in my apartment, which does not allow pets, as an alternate form of treatment for my depression. I told this to her over the phone and she was happy to set up an appointment with me. After setting this appointment up, she called me the DAY BEFORE and literally said "I think you should find someone else." I had to ask her to explain as she didn't proactively offer a reason for blowing me off. She said that she is not in favor of therapy animals. I asked "So instead of meeting with me, hearing me out, and then making a decision you'd rather say no before I walk in the door?" She said "No I just can't promise." I never asked for a promise or a free handout. How can you know what you would recommend if I haven't even set foot in your establishment. Instead of wasting my time and setting up an appointment, she could have told me she doesn't support the idea of therapy animals in the first place. Now I have to prolong the separation from my dog and find another therapist to see next week instead because no one is going to be able to see me this week. FURTHERMORE, I looked up reviews on her. She has an issue with keeping appointments with her clients. She doesn't have a lobby and even when a patient knocked on the door, she didn't answer but they could hear her talking. Then proceeded to call them and ask them why they didn't show. She was very rude to me and wasted my time. I would never recommend anyone to deal with this doctor. EVEN WORSE. She has been cited and was previously placed on probation for MISDIAGNOSING AND MISPRESCRIBIND MEDICATION. She would rather us all just take pills instead of seeking other forms of therapy. This is not a good individual to go to in order to seek help if you're suffering. 1 Sanction Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (3/3/2014) Action Taken: Probation Summary: Ashley, Camilla MD: License # 036066345: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician allegedly prescribed controlled substances inappropriately. ATION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Finance and Professional Regulation has placed the physician’s license on indefinite PROBATION for a minimum of one year and imposed a FINE in the amount of $1,000.00. State: Illinois

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Extremely compassionate and understanding, she goes out of her way to help the patient overcome barriers.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Hi Ms. Ashley Camilla: I was one of your patient's Antonia Laracuente (now Antonia Borrero). You were so good to me, gave me the right medication I need and was there with a caring heart. I will never forget you. I am currently trying to go on disability. I am very depressed, Have been 3 times in the hospital for attempted sucide. But I do want to thank you for everything you did for me. My e-mail is borreroantonia@yahoo.com. 773-203-5508

flag | Submitted May 3, 2008

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

Dr. Camilla Ashley's Credentials

• Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 60612 (Grad. 1981)