Ratings for Dr. Alex C. Efird

Very knowledgeable and straight forward.....have to take time to build a rapport

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Dr. Efird is a good doctor but his staff is his down fall. The front desk staff don’t ever seem to have a clue of what’s going on and all they want to do is put you through to his nurses voice mail. After leaving a message with his extremely incompetent nurse Stephanie you will be lucky to get a call back and If you do get a call back all she wants to do is get you off the phone as quick as possible. I’m not sure if the doctor is over loaded with patients or what but getting in to see him is also very difficult.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I've seen Dr. Efird for 5 years and from the start I never really had a good feeling about him. Like when I suggested something, or asked him questions about his diagnosis, he almost seemed annoyed, and created a confrontational environment. I brushed this aside because he seemed smart and he was able to help with some small things that came up over that time. My trouble with him came to a head this year when I was experiencing symptoms similar (but not identical) to a neuro-oplthalmalogical problem I had as a child. After asking him to refer me to a specialist, he dismissed me and said it was just migraines -- afterall, he's the doctor and he knows best, right? I found another route to see a specialist after a few months of worsening symptoms and Dr. Efird continually telling me it was migraines, and it's a good thing I did. Had I waited much longer I would have ended up going blind. So I fixed my problem, but it was in spite of, not because of Dr. Efird.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Dr. Efird has been my primary care doctor for the past five years. He is very professional, listens very well, and has great bedside manner. He is thorough and truly cares for his patients. He is the best primary care doctor I have ever had. He knows when to refer you to a specialist and when follow-ups are needed. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I have only seen Dr. Efird for a short time now but in that short time he has always been kind and courteous. He has given me all the time I need to Explain my symptoms and for him to explain his diagnosis to me. I like Dr. Efird very much and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Dr. Efird has been my primary care doctor for many years. Regardless of the changes in health and benefit changes he and his staff have been unwavering in their care, KNowldegable assessment of issues, constant in their tracking my health from one year to the next and always ready to talk, listen and or consult if necessary. I hihgly recommend Dr. Efird.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

Dr. Efird has been thorough in his exams and has been open to discussing both findings and options for treatment when required. He has been cooperative with other providers and has deferred to specialists when needed or taken the lead as appropriate. We have developed a good rapport over several years. I would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Efird for a few years now and he and his staff have been wonderful! He takes the time to listen and offers excellent help. That's why I continue to go back.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Really, really bad. I cannot beleive people like him are allowed to practice medicine. He absolutely does not care about the patient, he is to narcissistic to care about anybody but himself. Stay away from this one!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

The best of many family practice doctors I have had over the years. Doing an excellent job managing my high blood pressure and high cholesterol, to include switching to equally effective but less costly drugs. The office visits are never rushed, he listens well, and he takes the time to explain what he is doing and why he recommends what he does.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Dr. Alex C. Efird's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Tufts