Ratings for Dr. Richard B. Christensen

In the last 38 years, I have seen dozens of specialists, surgeons, and other doctors for 21 surgeries and countless procedures and tests. Of all my doctors, Dr. Richard Christensen is one of the very best. Sixteen years ago, I was diagnosed with a rare, debilitating, hormone disease called panhypopituitarism and started seeing Dr. Christensen every month, then quarterly, then semi-annually, and now annually starting last year. He listens carefully and diagnoses after considering all the test results and information, including my input. I’m amazed that he recalls medical details from years ago—things that I have totally forgotten. He is humble enough to admit when he doesn’t have the answer and then does extra research outside of our office visit to get the answer for me. He never makes me feel that I am taking too much of his time even when I know that I am. His staff members have worked with insurance to get approval for several specialty tests. The receptionists have accommodated my sometimes changing schedule and they are always good to let me borrow a magazine until my next visit. Kristina, one of his nurses, is absolutely amazing. She feels like a best friend of many years—and she truly is.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Doctor Richard B Peterson is an imbecile of the highest order, his st-luke profile states that he spent five years in advance research but doesn't know squat about type 1 diabetes. This incompetent doctor told me that there is no evidence that beta cells can regenerate in the pancreas. A simple Google search for beta cell regeneration in long- standing type 1 diabetes provide ample research to the contrary. I would never trust any advice from this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I saw Dr. Christens3en for the first time recently and I was very impressed by his level of knowledge with diabetes and the time he took to really review my case with me. I left feeling like we have a very good plan in place and at any time if I need him I can call. I would highly recommend him! :)

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I was diagnosed 12 years ago with a very complicated Thyroid disease and recently have been having serious issues. I have been a patient of Dr.C for 12 years but because I have been stable for the last 9 years and have not been seen by him or his staff I had to wait to be seen as a "new Patient". Yes it did take over 2 months to be seen as a "new patient" but this is standard practice for most medical specialists. I was very pleased that I was scheduled with the PA because she was very knowledgeable, friendly and took her time really listening to my symptoms and concerns. Yes I agree that the front office staff are rude and unprofessional as I clearly over heard their inappropriate conversations while in the waiting area. However, the nursing staff were pleasant. I have worked in nursing for over 20 years and I agree that the front office staff need some further training in medical office conduct but overall, I am happy with the care I received.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

went to Dr. C with a diagnosis of central adrenal insufficiency, hypothyroidism and multiple endocrine issues. told me to drop cortisol from 30 to 20 with no explaination. Staff called 2 weeks later, my arthritis and skin rashes were flared,said it was normal, keep weaning cortosol, he would probably stop thyroid once cortisol was weaned. went in 6 months later, saw PA instead was told I missed 2 week follow up that was never made--daughter backed me up, she had been there. had asked dr. C if i needed to stay on DHEA--no answer. at 6 monhs PA did stim with 2 day old cortisol draw as baseline no acth baseline, one 30 min draw. PA was gone to lunch, had questions, refused to test anything else.dr C sent note to family doc that steroid shots had caused adrenal insufficiency--missed low cortisol and low ACTH BEFORE steroid shots. New doc ran a ton of blood work--DHEA was bottomed out, back on cortisol, thyroid. I have hypopituitarism--complained to st lukes-wasn't billed for stim test

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Staff lied to me about not having my request from primary care physician, staff member, Courtney, went home when I was on hold waiting to speak to her. Also was told that urgent care appointments were 3+ weeks out and regular appointments were 2 months away. I waited 7 hours for the doctor to review my urgent case and still have not heard.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Dr. C I have been with for 15 years. He is very knowledgeable about Diabetes. He has carefully followed my case making adjustments to medications and dropping them when the lab results showed they were not helping. The only reason why my BG's are under moderate instead of excellent control is my own habits. I would recommend him to anyone with Diabetes in the Boise area.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

HE ALWAYS MADE SURE I HAD ALL MY SUPPLIES CAUSE I COULDNT PAY FOR THEM. MADE SURE I HAD EVERYTHING POSSABLE. HE IS THE SWEETEST PERSON. THANKS DR CHRISTENSON. LOV CYRSTAL

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

The best endocrinologist in town, by far. Knowledgeable, caring.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

Didn't get to see him, saw PA and was refused an appointment with him. He was busy, apparently serving the needs of his new boss, St. Luke's in transitioning the Humphrey's Diabetes Center from a free standing entity to a wholly own subsidey of St. Lukes. PA missed the diagnosis subsequently made by another endo BTW.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

Dr. Richard B. Christensen's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1985)