Ratings for Dr. Joan Albin

I agree with some of the reviewers who mentioned that Dr. Albin is a terrible doctor. I have found her to be so harsh in her demeanor, stuck up and unfortunately extremely cruel. It's one thing to be "succinct" as one reviewer put it and another to be nasty. She lacks the proper bedside manner. Plain and simple. She has put me through an absolute nightmare- sending me for an unnecessary procedure that caused me terrible pain and suffering and it did not even achieve the desired results. How can you argue with that? She lacks empathy and is simply ignorant in the field of endocrinology. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to her. If anyone goes to her and writes a nice review in her defense, - it's obvious that it must be one of her senile old bat patients commenting- which it seems from her waiting room makes up 99% of her patient population. Those poor elderly patients may have no idea of who she really is - God should have mercy on them.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Dr Albin figured out what was wrong with my Thyroid levels pretty quickly. My previous PCP could not figure it out. I really don't get why the person above had such a strong reaction. Maybe she is looking to get pampered. As was stated by another, she is modest, and gets the job done succinctly. By being a good doctor, she tells me straight on when I am straying from healthy choices. She does not sugar coat it, but is not harsh, either. She is a confident, rock solid Doc.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr Albin is the worst doctor I've ever been to..she has no patience, does not take time to answer questions and is downright mean. She is a despicable human being and does not know how to treat people. At 71 years of age it's time for her to retire! Her staff is disorganized, there is a long wait time ( 2 hours) and they are bad with following up. She misdiagnosed my condition as well. I hope there are lots of fine young doctors out there training in the field of endocrinology as we speak to replace Dr. Albin cause it's definitely time for her to get out of the business!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

She was the doctor who in 15 years finally foun I had Celiac disease. She is great

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

Top notch, proffessional, modest, compassionatet, very knowledgable and extreemly thorough doctor.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2008

Dr. Joan Albin's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1967)

UnitedHealthcare