Ratings for Dr. Frank A. Katz

I'm going on 2 years of seeing Dr. Katz. He is by far the best doctor I've had thus far. He is kind, insightful and a straight shooter. His office is run very strictly. At my first appointment they ask you to read, initial and sign their office policy so there are no misunderstandings later such as missed appointments, medication refill etc. I realize this may put some people off but I feel that if all doctors did this there would be far less drama down the road. I follow their policies so I have never had anything but a pleasant experience. Ali the office manager is very professional but friendly. I always look forward to my appointment. Recently I learned Dr Katz would no longer be taking my insurance. I decided it was well worth my piece of mind to keep seeing him as a cash patient rather than try to find another doctor and start all over again. I recommend Dr Katz highly.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Absolutely amazing doctor. I've seen him for four years and have no complaints. He takes the time to listen to what I need and to find the right medication for me. He's the first psychiatrist that I have seen who actually listens if I voice any objections and who is willing to work with me to find the right solution. He always takes time to answer any questions or concerns that I have. He quickly gets down to business but still makes the time to ask about what's going on with my life. Whenever I've put a call into his office, he calls me back right away. He genuinely cares about his patients! Shout out to Ally at the front desk! She is great. So friendly and helpful!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr Katz is very professional and experienced. Although our conversation only lasted 20 mins, he made accurate judgement and helped me understand what the problems are, and also prescribed the right medication. It needs time to build the trust between physicians and patients, and it would always be better if the doctor acts in a more empathetic way.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Submitted August 8, 2014

I love Dr. Katz office. I have been seeing him for close to 4 years and have felt that I have always received the best care. I read the comment below and began to laugh. I can totally believe his office manager said that. She is a funny African American woman who is strict but clearly loving and cares for her patients and the doctors she works for. I agree the late fee is pretty steep but the way I see it.....Don't be late. LOl. I mean, We all want to make our money at our jobs right? Why shouldn't they? Just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean they have to treat people for free. Just my opinion though. Have a good day everyone.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

I have seen Dr. Katz while I had health insurance and while I paid out of pocket per/visit. Some other reviews might complain about the cost or late-cancellation fees, but Dr. Katz is a kind and professional psychiatrist and worth the out-of-pocket expenses. As far as cancellation fees go, yes, they are expensive, but that's why you should make every effort to not cancel the day of the appointment. As with any other appointment based business, if you cancel late, they can't immediately fill the vacancy and are out the money you would have paid. Dr. Katz is very understanding, he gives practical and applicable advice on medication as well as everyday wellness and mental health. He's always taken the time to understand how I am feeling, he's sympathetic to my complaints and interested in the positives in my life.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

This is a doctor for rich people or that have work insurance. They will charge you $100 if you miss an appointment due to panic attack from lack of sleep or any other reason. "At the end of the day this is a business." "You should go find a doctor you can afford." The commitment to mental illness is not existent - unless, of course...you can pay big money or have the right insurance. It's a sad day to be a sick person.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Dr. Katz is an outstanding professional. He is one of the "good guys." who really cares about his patients. I've worked in the healthcare industry for 35 years, so I have extensive experience interacting with doctors. Some are good, some are bad. Dr. Katz is genuinely an ethical, caring doctor, who has helped me immesureably.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008