Ratings for Dr. Kasia Van Pett

Dr. Van Pett operated on me in 1999 for a herniated disc which also broke into pieces at C 5-6. When I went back to her repeatedly because I still had pain down my arm she told me it was musculature pain. After about the 3rd visit she threw her hands in the air and told me there was nothing more she could do for me. What she failed to tell me about was the bone spur that is pinching nerves to that arm. I had to find out about it through a myelogram which I ended up getting a spinal headache from.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I had to have another surgery because she meesed up on my surgery

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Fantastic, caring, brilliant surgeon. I do hope she is able to return to practice. I owe my life to her.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Dr.Van Pett has been reprimanded and her license suspended by the Oregon Medical Board. I'm glad my wife got a second opinion at Oregon Health & Science University and did not have the fusion which Dr. Van Pett told us was needed.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

Dr. Van Pett performed 2 cervical surgies on me. The last surgery was a cervical fusion, and the results were fantastic. I am no longer in extreme pain! My surgeries took place about 5-6 years ago, and I am still pain free. She explained everything in detail, and was very thorough. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

Kasis is a very personable, knowledgeable physician; one who I have much confidence in. I would highly recommend her to anyone for her expertise.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

I can't judge the experiences of others, but know that some spinal surgeries must be redone. When the body rejects the bone graft, I'm not sure the blame lies with the surgeon, but one's immune system that sometimes reject what it senses as foreign object in the body. My experiences with Dr Van Pett have been positive. Due to a fall many years ago, I had multple level spinal problems. Over the past ten years, Dr Van Pett has performed surgery three times to correct ruptured disks and bone spurs in cervical and lumbar spines. The second cervical surgery, according to my neurologist, was just short of miraculous. I was having problems walking plus numerous other symptoms. Though he advised against the surgery due to unpredictable outcomes, I proceeded. This surgery by Dr Van Pett took 5.5 hours. within a few days I was in the park walking again. I have lots of experience with doctors and found Van Pett to be one of the finest.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

Dr Van Pett should not be in Practice. If I had enough money for my Attorney she wouldn't be. She performed anterior cervical fusion on c-56 and c67. She placed no hardware and my bone grafts died in my neck over a 7 month time frame. This so called Doctor repeatedly told me I was fine and she could plainly see in an xray the grafts were dead. I had to move to Portland to get a new Dr to fix her surgery and that was a miracle. I'm still in horrible pain but the fact was I almost died from her hand and she did not care one bit. I was a young mom with 2 little ones at the time. This Doctor is very unsafe and don't be fooled by her fake smile. I would not recommended her to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

Dr. Kasia Van Pett's Credentials

• Stanford Univ Sch Of Med, Stanford Ca 94305 (Grad. 1991)

Kaiser-Permanente