Ratings for Dr. George L. Shashoua

I had a bladder sling operation in September 2016. After the surgery I had severe leakage. Dr Shashoua and his team closely watched my progress and it was recommended that I have a second surgery to make an adjustment to the sling. This was done in December and everything is fine now. The entire staff was attentive, professional and knowledgeable. I never felt rushed during my visits and my questions were answered respectfully. I am extremely satisfied with the results of my procedure.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Dr.Shashoua and his team are wonderful and gave me a new lease on life . Surgery was such a good experience , if surgery can be, and highly recommend them. Can't say enough good things about them.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Shashoua. While it was a difficult situation and I had been uncomfortable for many months I'm happy to say I am fully back to normal now. I had a prolapse repair with mesh and mid-urethral sling. It has solved all my problems. I was very grateful for all the support from the staff. Kristen and Sarah were very patient and always helpful during my recovery. I felt very well cared for.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Shashoua is an excellent surgeon as well as a very caring and through doctor. He listened to my questions and concerns and responded to them so I felt completely at ease. My surgery went very well and my recovery has been very smooth. Sarah and Kristen responded to my questions both prior and after surgery very promptly. The entire office staff is very pleasant and their follow up is excellent. I am very glad that I choose Dr. Shashoua and would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone needing a urogynecologist.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr Shashoua and his entire staff are some truly wonderful people. I knew I was in capable hands and never had a second thought entrusting him/them with an irreversible/life changing surgery - the di vinci hysterectomy. I am seven weeks out from my surgery and I am pleased with my results and have zero regrets. Dr Sarah - thanks for being so cool and supportive!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Shashoau and his team provided me with the best experience I have ever had at a doctor's office or for any procedure. I had a partial hysterectomy to correct a uterine prolapse. I would have been very nervous going into this procedure, but thankfully Dr. Shashoua and his team were so experienced and reassuring that I felt safe. I do not have any negative feedback or any complaints about the clinic visits, the procedure, or the recovery process. Dr. Shashoua and his staff were always available if I had any questions or needed to schedule an appointment right away. I never had to wait around wondering when they would get back to me. I could tell that they truly cared about how I was doing. They did a wonderful job making the procedure and recovery as smooth and painless as possible. I highly recommend Dr. Shashoua for this procedure!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr. Shashoua and his staff exhibit the highest possible level of knowledge and professionalism. No detail is overlooked before and after surgery. His bedside manner is unsurpassed. I wish I could give him 6 stars.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr Shashoua, Sarah, Kristin and staff were awesome. No long waits, very knowledgable and they were very attentive to any and all questions and concerns that I had. I was very concerned about finding the right doctor and drove all the way from Houston for the surgery and all of my appointments because of Dr. Shashoua's good reviews and reputation. My surgery was very successful and I am very pleased with the results.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Efficient is a good way to describe this team. They get to the source of the problem- then fix it. I was diagnosed with cystocele and rectocele. My treatment was the vaginal prolapse repair with mesh. Six weeks after surgery- I can jump, sneeze, jog, and enjoy leak free days. This is something I have not been able to do in over 8 years! Prior to surgery I was plagued with nearly constant UTIs. Post surgery- I am 10 weeks infection free and counting. I did my research about the mesh repair, there is a lot of bad press on the subject, but I found that the bad experiences are related to inexperienced surgeons- which is not a concern with Dr. Shashoua. Sarah and Kristin are knowledgable and I felt my recovery progress was in good hands. Marissa called to check on me and was available if I had any concerns. I have to admit- my favorite of the staff was Laura. I worked with Laura during my pre-surgery visits and tests and she was careful to explain proceedures and results and visits that would have been uncomfortable due to their private nature were instead made scientific and interesting. A huge Thank You to the entire staff at Austin Urogynecology. My health is significantly improved and for the first time in many years I can be active and dry at the same time.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

DR. Shashoua and Sarah was great. A amazing staff. Gets you in and out with out long waits. Answers all your question. In all a great group of people.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. George L. Shashoua's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1991)

Kaiser-Permanente