Dr. George L. Shashoua

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. George L. Shashoua

My experience with Dr. Shashoua, his medical staff, Sarah and Kristin, and his office staff has been a blessing for me! I had previous surgery in 2016 which was not helpful for my conditions. Dr. Shashoua performed a Da Vinci Sacrocolpoperineopexy in October of 2017 and I am recovering well. Kristin and Sarah are very professional, attentive and caring and I would advise anyone considering urogynecological care to see Dr. Shashoua and his staff.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

My experience with Dr. Shashoua and his staff was very satisfactory. My conditions diagnosed included cystocele, rectocele, and uterine prolapse. I was completely informed of the extent of the prodecures that were recommended. I had a Da Vinci Sacrocolpoperineopexy, a hysterectomy, and an altos sling. They were very knowledgeable and answered any and all of my questions. There was no pressure to have the surgery, and Dr. Shashoua advised me to take my time and consider everything before deciding whether to go ahead. I had my surgery in September 2017, and have had three followup visits so far. There is still one thing that needs to be taken care of, and I have no doubt that the issue will be resolved. Sarah, and especially Kristin, have both been very professional and made me feel confident in their care. I would recommend Dr. Shashoua and his able staff to anyone who is considering this kind of medical help.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Do Not let this man operate on you! I agree completely with the review from September 22,, 2017. During my initial visit, he treated me the same way. He rattled off diagnostic tests and the need for extensive surgical procedures like he was ordering food from a Chinese take -out menu. I found another doctor who is going to do the procedure. He has zero respect for women. We are his cash-cows!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Doctor tried to do a surgical procedure on me in his office. Then he tried to rush me to do another surgery without full explanation. I finally got out of his office without scheduling the surgery but scheduled a follow-up visit just because they insisted. I called later and cancelled the follow-up and the receptionist questioned me repeatedly about why I was cancelling. I finally got off the phone after cancelling the appointment but a few weeks later got a call from them questioning why I had cancelled and whether I wanted to reschedule. I think I am intelligent enough to make my decisions about whether or not I want to have surgery (particularly when the surgery is not a life or death matter). While Dr. Shashoua may be highly trained, he spoke to me as if I did not know my own mind and he assumed that of course I would want to have this surgery as it would "improve my love life." Don't assume things about someone you do not know particularly with regard to the most intimate aspects of their life. I found another doctor and intend to have surgery but with someone who respects me and does not try to rush me into surgery without respecting me and my right to make my own decisions.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Dr. Shashoua is a genius! I am so glad I found him! I was having pain for years due to adenomyosis, endometriosis, fibroids and an enlarged uterus. Dr. Shashoua and his staff performed a total hysterectomy using the Da Vinci robotic system. Dr. Shashoua and his staff were knowledgeable and answered all my questions and concerns. The day of surgery I felt very well taken care of by all the staff, and Dr. Shashoua (who has an excellent bedside manner by the way) took the time to come back and see me in the pre-op room to answer any questions I still had. My surgery was a total success, I was up and walking that evening and then discharged home the next day. I had some discomfort for about a week but that was it! I finally remember what it is like to be pain free!!!! This is a wonderful practice and I highly recommend Dr. Shashoua!! I am so very thankful for this incredible team! They will take excellent care of you!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

My conditions were cystocele & uterine prolapse. Austin Urogynecology performed a Da Vinci sacrocolpoperineopexy/sacrocolpopexy to correct them. Dr. Shashoua & his staff were knowledgeable & receptive to my questions & addressed my concerns. I view my surgery as a complete success.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

I was so impressed with Dr. Shashoua and his staff! The office is beautiful, convenient and they always called me back within a few moments. The staff was very attentive and caring. Dr. Shashoua was great at explaining my procedure and the follow-up was easy. Thank you for the wonderful care!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

I had multiple conditions including Cystocele, Rectocele, Uterine prolapse & Fibroids. Dr. Shashoua and his staff treated me with DaVinci supracervical hysterectomy & Da Vinci Sacrocolpoperineopexy. I found them to be extremely knowledgeable, caring and patient- They explained everything to me like I was a child- Which when it comes to my medical care, I basically am. Going into surgery can be a very nerve wracking situation and they were absolutely wonderful. He and the nurses genuinely care about their patients and I really appreciate how caring and helpful they have been through the entire process. They are a wonderful practice and I highly recommend them to anyone dealing these types of issues. While surgery is never easy to endure I'm glad I went through it with them. They are amazing! 5 stars all around!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I had a partial hysterectomy 7 weeks ago with large uterine fibroids and Dr. Shashoua and his team did an amazing job. He was very informative of the issues I was having for the first time and was able to pinpoint the problem. I will never look back and I am so very thankful for the incredible job that he and his team were able to get done.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I had a surgery in Feb. 2017. Dr. Shashoua, Kristin, and Sarah were all great. They explained everything and made me feel comfortable. Really great team!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. George L. Shashoua's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1991)