Dr. George L. Shashoua

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. George L. Shashoua

I had to visit Dr. Shashoua due to a Prolapse of my Uretha, Dr. Shashoua and his team did an excision for repair the prolapse. Excellente service since the beginning. The staff is knowledge and helpful during my treatment, I feel so comfortable all the time, They called me really often after the surgery to see how I was feeling, I appreciated so much. I highly recommend this team if needed.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

It's been a pleasure to be a patient of these doctors. They were so kind with me during my treatment. I definitely highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Excellent care from the first day I was examined to the appointments after my surgery. Very professional staff and thorough with their explanations of each step of the exam and testing that was needed. I had surgery on 11/17/17. My gynecologist was preforming my marital hysterectomy and referred me to Dr. Shashoua for my bladder issues. I had a very thorough exam that showed much more going on. I was diagnosed with rectocele, a uterine prolapse and urinary incontinence. The procedures that were preformed where: Laparoscopic Uterosacral Colpopexy and a Mid-Urethral Sling (TVT). They had videos on their website and Kristin thoroughly explained exactly how each procedure would go and what the recovery would be . The surgery went well and the recovery was exactly as Kristin had explained. I had one issue with an irritating stitch and the staff had me come in immediately and walked me right in for my appointment. Kristin has been my main contact and she is AMAZING! Excellent bedside manner and creates a very comfortable environment every time I see her. She is extremely knowledgeable and able to answer my questions and I feel 100% comfortable with her medical expertise. All the staff and this office are top notch! The front office staff are warm, personable and easy to work with; the nurses are efficient, knowledgable and made me feel comfortable during my exams. Dr. Shashoua is very professional and his caring spirit and attentiveness to my needs where excellent. I am now 4+ weeks out in my recovery and I feel great. I'm so happy that I decided to do the surgery and I would highly recommend this practice!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

I give thanks to all of the staff at Austin Urogynecology. Dr. Shashoua, Kristin and Sarah have been amazing with explaining my procedures performed and my healing process. Also, Carol was very helpful with completing my insurance paperwork. I cannot thank you all enough for changing my life!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

I had a good experience with the office of Dr. Shashoua at Austin Urogynocology. The staff is knowledge and helpful answering any questions you may have.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

My experience with Dr. Shashoua, his medical staff, Sarah and Kristin, and his office staff has been a blessing for me! I had previous surgery in 2016 which was not helpful for my conditions. Dr. Shashoua performed a Da Vinci Sacrocolpoperineopexy in October of 2017 and I am recovering well. Kristin and Sarah are very professional, attentive and caring and I would advise anyone considering urogynecological care to see Dr. Shashoua and his staff.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

My experience with Dr. Shashoua and his staff was very satisfactory. My conditions diagnosed included cystocele, rectocele, and uterine prolapse. I was completely informed of the extent of the prodecures that were recommended. I had a Da Vinci Sacrocolpoperineopexy, a hysterectomy, and an altos sling. They were very knowledgeable and answered any and all of my questions. There was no pressure to have the surgery, and Dr. Shashoua advised me to take my time and consider everything before deciding whether to go ahead. I had my surgery in September 2017, and have had three followup visits so far. There is still one thing that needs to be taken care of, and I have no doubt that the issue will be resolved. Sarah, and especially Kristin, have both been very professional and made me feel confident in their care. I would recommend Dr. Shashoua and his able staff to anyone who is considering this kind of medical help.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Do Not let this man operate on you! I agree completely with the review from September 22,, 2017. During my initial visit, he treated me the same way. He rattled off diagnostic tests and the need for extensive surgical procedures like he was ordering food from a Chinese take -out menu. I found another doctor who is going to do the procedure. He has zero respect for women. We are his cash-cows!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Doctor tried to do a surgical procedure on me in his office. Then he tried to rush me to do another surgery without full explanation. I finally got out of his office without scheduling the surgery but scheduled a follow-up visit just because they insisted. I called later and cancelled the follow-up and the receptionist questioned me repeatedly about why I was cancelling. I finally got off the phone after cancelling the appointment but a few weeks later got a call from them questioning why I had cancelled and whether I wanted to reschedule. I think I am intelligent enough to make my decisions about whether or not I want to have surgery (particularly when the surgery is not a life or death matter). While Dr. Shashoua may be highly trained, he spoke to me as if I did not know my own mind and he assumed that of course I would want to have this surgery as it would "improve my love life." Don't assume things about someone you do not know particularly with regard to the most intimate aspects of their life. I found another doctor and intend to have surgery but with someone who respects me and does not try to rush me into surgery without respecting me and my right to make my own decisions.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Dr. Shashoua is a genius! I am so glad I found him! I was having pain for years due to adenomyosis, endometriosis, fibroids and an enlarged uterus. Dr. Shashoua and his staff performed a total hysterectomy using the Da Vinci robotic system. Dr. Shashoua and his staff were knowledgeable and answered all my questions and concerns. The day of surgery I felt very well taken care of by all the staff, and Dr. Shashoua (who has an excellent bedside manner by the way) took the time to come back and see me in the pre-op room to answer any questions I still had. My surgery was a total success, I was up and walking that evening and then discharged home the next day. I had some discomfort for about a week but that was it! I finally remember what it is like to be pain free!!!! This is a wonderful practice and I highly recommend Dr. Shashoua!! I am so very thankful for this incredible team! They will take excellent care of you!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Dr. George L. Shashoua's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1991)