Ratings for Dr. James I. Rho

Dr rho's office staff and their honesty is horrible! The ability to reschedule or see the Dr is by far the worse in the industry. The focus is solely on how many patients he can see and get paid for. If you have to reschedule, plan on getting appointment times several weeks out and being lied to on the phone when you are trying to make another appointment. I appreciate Dr Rho's knowledge when you finally get lucky enough to see him, but the front office staff and greed make his practice by far the worse experience ever!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I agree with nearly all prior comments. Dr Rho is usually very nice and will spend a lot of time with you in the beginning. However, his office staff in the Rancho office are horrible, with one exception! I've heard the same about the Redlands office. Expect to be treated no differently than a drug addict on the street. If you ever have problems controlling your pain with the medication he has prescribed you, don't expect to be given another appointment to come back early, regardless of the situation. Be ready to visit the emergency room! No exceptions made!! Making as much money as possible is the number one priority... made obvious by the ridiculous way they cram people into the waiting room and over book appointments. Be prepared for up to a 3-4 hour wait. It's happened to me several times. Do not ever call to try to get an earlier appointment! As stated above, you will be treated as if you are exhibiting drug seeking behavior and as if you are no different than the typical illicit street user! Because of these two things alone, I'm looking for a new doctor! It's unfortunate because he seems intelligent and educated and most importantly he's been kind. He'll never lose business no matter how his staff treat people so I doubt you'll ever see any change.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr.Rho was pretty goo at first but then it seem like I just became a routine payment for his wallet. I wish more doctors would consider the patients input especially those like myself who have been dealing with pain management for over 20yrs. I know what works for and keeps me functioning and what doesn't. But it seems like everything you tell a doctor these days goes in one ear and out the other.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr.Rho is a good doctor,his only problem is that he only can find stupid office staff. Everything that his front office does from appointments to making sure the scrips get filled are a constant problem. He should fire every one of them.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

I can't say about the wait since I did not have an appointment and was a work in. I thought Dr. Rho was great and I would wait any amount of time to be seen by him. I have had other pain doctors who do not compare. I think he is extremely knowledgeable and truly cared about getting me pain free! I personally would recommend him and believe he accurately diagnosed my problem and thought his office staff were very friendly in his Redlands office

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

The front office staff is the worst. Also rude. This starts the whole appointment off wrong. The PA song is great

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

I like Dr. Rho and his PA Eric Song. They are both very helpful and caring doctors. Dr. Rho was able to diagnose that I had a bulging disc even though I came in with another problem. What a genius...I am now under his care for pain management/medication. The doctor also addressed my concerns with medication and such too. Although there can be a wait at his office sometimes, I would say it is well worth it. Thank you Dr. Rho!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

i've waited 2 hrs for this guy, i mean dr who only spent 10 min with me. he didn't look me in the eyes once and his patient care SUCKS!!! please save your money, time and energy and go see a different dr.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

I left Dr. Rho after he picked up an auto magazine and browsed through it while explaining a procedure to me. I didn't appreciate him taking cell phone calls regarding his computer while he was suppose to be helping me. He couldn't figure out how to use the equipment in his office on another day. His office staff is the worst I've seen. If you don't ask them the right question they don't offer any explaination. Other than that he has a nice looking office!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

Dr. James I. Rho's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

MB Health