Ratings for Dr. Cynthia W. Chao

I've had Dr Chao as my doctor for a few years now, and she has always been great to me and my husband. My last visit took a little long to get tosee her, but myself working the medical world, I know that it can happen at unexpected times. She takes her time with you and makes sure all your questions have been answered, which another reason I'm ok with the wait time. I've been to a few different ob/gyn's and she by far is the best I've come across. So great full that I found her

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Im happy that Dr Chao is my doctor ... she makes everything so easy for me

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I've been attending Drchao for many years. On my routine yearly exam she discovered I had a large rectal mass and referred me straight away for treatment. Though it was not her area through the 9 months of treatment I got lovely text messages even a card - she supported me the whole way. She saved my life. I would be happy to wait for her any day! Her staff are also very kind and efficient. What more can I say "she's the best".

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Chao is great she takes time to explain everything to you. Well worth the little extra wait.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

Staff never ordered my Vag Ultrasound referral. So months went by until I finally called to check status. I was told by the girl who answered the phone that she was off that day and that is why the referral was not ordered. I finally made it to the ultrasound visit then a month goes my with no results. I called today, and they could find no record of my results. The excuse was that the lab never sent the results. I asked why didn't you call to check the status and I got silence. I tried to reach Dr. Chao and of course she is not available. I pray there is nothing wrong because so many months have passed because of her staff's poor work ethic.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr Chao has single-handedly succeeded at breaking my trust in the medical profession, never mind the long wait, never mind that after you wait outside; the nurse places you in a room and forgets about you for an hour, in the middle of August with AC shut off...never mind the usual unprofessional-ism Dr and nurses display on a continuous base. What really got to me was, that after my wife and I have been communicating for months, our desire to have a natural delivery of our first baby, Dr Chao ratchet up the pressure for my wife to induce two weeks before her due date, used scare tactics, stonewalling and misinformation to get my wife to start labor and have a medicated delivery. I will not go over the nightmarish experience we had to endure while my wife was in labor, with an absent Dr Chao and the terribly unprofessional replacement, Dr Bathia. But we fought a good fight, all of Dr Chao's predictions were wrong and my wife had the birth she wanted, stay away or visit at your own risk.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Expect to wait on average 1-1.5 hours even with an appointment. Certain staff can be rude, incompetent and just poor in patient satisfaction overall. If you want a no sugar coating kind of doctor with at times questionable bedside manner, but overall caring and knowledgeable... go with this one.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Chao! I had a high risk pregnancy after 3 miscarriages and it was her patience and care that got me through. She would always follow up with me personally, she remembered everything about me, my pregnancies, my history and my family at each visit. I have never encountered and Ob/Gyn who cared so much about her patients. I had a complicated delivery and subsequent problems that the hospital nurses told me would have caused a lot of doctors to order a hysterectomy after the birth, but Dr. Chao did everything in her power to avoid that because she knew I wanted more children. Even the nurses at the hospital said she was one of the best Doctors they knew. I would recommend her to ANYONE. Yes, her office does tend to run behind schedule, and wait times can be long, but she's worth it!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Chao is a very straight forward, no nonsense OB. Her office could use a little help with being on schedule, but she is worth the wait. If you want someone to coddle you, she is not the one. If you want a knowledgeable doctor who will answer any questions thoroughly and not rush you, then Chao is you doc. I've used her for gynecology and obstetrics, and she is great at both. And bonus, either she keeps notes or has a great memory, she remembers me and my husband every time and what we discussed the previous visit (non-medical stuff). I think its a nice bonus :)

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Dr. Cynthia W. Chao's Credentials

• Chinese

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio