Ratings for Dr. John Dee Johnson

Had Cervical Disk Surgery approx. two months ago in November 2016. So far, I am having good results from the surgery and am 100% pleased with Dr. Johnson. His staff has been knowledgeable, punctual, and very professional. I wish, however, I could say the same about my stay at Crestwood Hospital. My wish would be that Healthsouth doctors had privileges at Huntsville Hospital so patients would have a choice.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Wouldn't recommend him to anyone! He and his staff are very cold and uncaring. Only did x-rays for a neck injury then proceeds to tell me there is nothing wrong. when I addressed the pain and numbness, he just shrugged and said with a smirk "don't know what to tell you".

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Dr. Johnson did cervical disc surgery on me in 2002. Felt no pain after it was over and when I was released after my six wks check up I started having alot of pain in my neck and shoulder and was having problems swallowing due to vocal cords being stretched. Went back and he said it was all ok and that it was scarred tissue causing my problems. Now its 2012 and its alot worse than ever. Think the vertraebrae above and below are now damaged. Having pain in my neck and shoulder and hard to move my arm at all. Went to my Sportsmed Dr and he referred me back to Dr. Johnson. He did not have the decency to even see me, even though I was referred back to him. The message he sent his nurse was to say he reviewed my file and that I needed to go to their pain clinic and see another dr. He had not even seen me in two yrs not spoken to me about what I even was referred back on before he passed the buck onto someone else. I really would not recommend him. If he botches you, forget seeing him again.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Johnson for over 11 years and have not had any problems with his bedside manner, and he is upfront about a lot of the things I have complained about. All in All if I need another brain surgery, he's the one doing mine since he did the last one in 2001. Very Satisfied.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

I've not had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Johnson. Which in my book is probably a good thing. My dad went to see him a few weeks ago and it was not a good quality visit. Dr. Johnson was disrespectful, unsympathetic and he was just downright unpleasant. I wonder if he’s ever had a decent bedside manner? Don’t they teach that in Med School? Is he in it just for the money?

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

I went on this visit with my father. He waited over two hours to see this doctor. The intern was helpful, but the doctor was rude and arrogant. I could not believe the way he treated my parents. When he walked in he had not even looked at why my Dad was here (which is what I thought the intern was for). He said "so your here for back pain?". He was there for leg pain. He was able to tell him what the problem was but he laughed like it was funny. He told my dad (who has been on a feeding tube for 8 years since having throat cancer) that if he would lose 30 pounds the pain would go away. No other suggestions like medication, heat, etc. This is a 75-year old man who has not put a bite of food in his mouth for 8 years. And this is in his records. The intern saw the tube when he examined my father. After having a 4:10p appointment and finally seeing the doctor at 6:45p I couldn't believe he was so arrogant. He needs to come down off his ivory tower!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Johnson due to a herniated disc. My appointment was on a Thursday, and after waiting a little bit (as to be expected with all doctors), he met with my husband, mother, and me. The appointment was very thorough, and he spent a lot of time with me discussing the problem and what could be done. I was scheduled for surgery the following Monday. After the surgery, I felt immediate relief. Dr. Johnson and his assistant met with me twice during the hospital stay and both were very caring. I would definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2007

First visit, I waited 1 hour and 45 minutes. Then, met with his assistant, saw Dr. Johnson for approximately 3 minutes. Next appointment, I waited 1 hour and 35 minutes. Saw Dr. Johnson for approximately 2 minutes. Inexcusable, he doesn't seem to value his patients. Unfortunately, he is probably the best neurosurgeon in Huntsville. He knows his stuff but has much to learn about respecting patients and their time.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2006

Dr. Johnson's intern checked me and got all my info. and Dr. Johnson was informed of my condition when he talked to me. He explained my options with/without surgery and took the time to explain everything and left the decision to me. I decided for surgery on my herniated disc and as soon as woke from it I noticed immediately an improvement. There was no longer shooting pains running down my hip and leg. Of course I was sore from the surgery but it was what Dr. Johnson and I expected. Withing 2 hours after the surgery I was walking around the hospital. I had the choice of staying in the hospital or going home that night and I wanted to go home. I had no complications and was able to walk a mile and a half two days after surgery. I walked a little and then rested and continued that cycle. My pain was very low. I experenced some tighness in my back and used the exercises that was in the pamplet that Dr. Johnson gave me. I recommend anyone looking for a neurosurgeon to use him.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2006

Dr. John Dee Johnson's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)