Ratings for Dr. John Yee

Dr. Yee saved my life. Other doctors told me that my case was too risky and that there was nothing they could do. I was not ready to give up. Dr. Yee and the team at VGH got me through a big operation. I just had my 5 year checkup and am cancer-free. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Best Doctor with knowledge and experience. Very good !

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

His assistant lady should be firendly to patient .

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr. Yee is a great doctor. He is kind and very generous with his time. My family was very worried but he explained everything so clearly that we were all at ease the day of surgery. His expert care saved my life from cancer.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr Yee is a very kind and patient surgeon. Dr McGuire also saw me on the weekend and she was also very kind. Thank you to the VGH thoracic team.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Dr. Yee is, most definitely, a gifted surgeon but he is also a tremendously compassionate and attentive person. As someone rated previously, he is absolutely a gift from God to his patients and their families.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr. Yee is a God's gift to all mankind. Do we need to say more? God bless all of us.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr Yee puts his heart into his work. He is caring, knowledgeable and takes time with his patients. They have been making positive changes to his staff.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

First My Dr. Treece was and is wonderful. We just love him!! But the three Girls in the office that get high praise also are Shelly! Jennifer!! and Tina!!! Those three go above and beyond the call of duty and always come to my rescue!!! That you Dr. Loung and Dr. Yee for hiring just the right blend of people!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

To Whom It May Concern, Today I turn 60. Because Dr Yee LISTENED to my story of a 16 year struggle with severe reflux disease, horrible abdominal pain every single time I ate, acid aspirations 3-4 x/week, loss of 100 pounds in just over a year because it hurt too much to eat and the most daunting being told by 8 doctors both GP and Specialists that "my case was hopeless, go home, cope, accept that you are going to die an early death, you are disabled." All my teeth broke off or fell out from the severe acid reflux always in my mouth, I was afraid to go anywhere except the grocery store as I never knew if I opened my mouth to speak there would be acid or stomach contents shooting out my mouth onto the floor which it did many times. I even had to quite often flush food particles out of my sinuses as the acid would exit my nose and ears too. For 16 years I put up with this nightmare. I had a large hiatus hernia, my esophagus had burn scars and was no longer swallowing normally, plus the valve that separates the esophagus from the stomach acid was scarred wide open so I had acid fluid up in my esophagus 24/7 which really burned. My stomach had a twist at the top of it and at the bottom plus an avulsion at the small bowel junction. Dr. Yee did a 5 hour surgery to repair all the above and give me the first sleep that lasted longer than 2 hours at night without a single drip of acid reflux in 16 years. I am so VERY grateful to this great surgeon. I recommend him to anybody that has a difficult "hopeless" case. Signed D Brown, Kamloops, BC

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016