Ratings for Dr. John Yee

I am not a patient - but am a nurse at VGH. A few weeks ago, three patients were transferred into our hospital near death. All were transplanted by Dr. Yee and were saved. What I saw was incredible - Dr. Yee would be up all night in the OR, but always took time to check on the families and answer any questions that they had. He is a gifted surgeon who can do operations nobody else can do - but what makes him special is his kindness and devotion. We are all very fortunate to have him at our hospital.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr. Yee is, most definitely, a gifted surgeon but he is also a tremendously compassionate and attentive person. As someone rated previously, he is absolutely a gift from God to his patients and their families.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr. Yee is a God's gift to all mankind. Do we need to say more? God bless all of us.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr Yee puts his heart into his work. He is caring, knowledgeable and takes time with his patients. They have been making positive changes to his staff.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

First My Dr. Treece was and is wonderful. We just love him!! But the three Girls in the office that get high praise also are Shelly! Jennifer!! and Tina!!! Those three go above and beyond the call of duty and always come to my rescue!!! That you Dr. Loung and Dr. Yee for hiring just the right blend of people!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

To Whom It May Concern, Today I turn 60. Because Dr Yee LISTENED to my story of a 16 year struggle with severe reflux disease, horrible abdominal pain every single time I ate, acid aspirations 3-4 x/week, loss of 100 pounds in just over a year because it hurt too much to eat and the most daunting being told by 8 doctors both GP and Specialists that "my case was hopeless, go home, cope, accept that you are going to die an early death, you are disabled." All my teeth broke off or fell out from the severe acid reflux always in my mouth, I was afraid to go anywhere except the grocery store as I never knew if I opened my mouth to speak there would be acid or stomach contents shooting out my mouth onto the floor which it did many times. I even had to quite often flush food particles out of my sinuses as the acid would exit my nose and ears too. For 16 years I put up with this nightmare. I had a large hiatus hernia, my esophagus had burn scars and was no longer swallowing normally, plus the valve that separates the esophagus from the stomach acid was scarred wide open so I had acid fluid up in my esophagus 24/7 which really burned. My stomach had a twist at the top of it and at the bottom plus an avulsion at the small bowel junction. Dr. Yee did a 5 hour surgery to repair all the above and give me the first sleep that lasted longer than 2 hours at night without a single drip of acid reflux in 16 years. I am so VERY grateful to this great surgeon. I recommend him to anybody that has a difficult "hopeless" case. Signed D Brown, Kamloops, BC

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

MSBFHLENGKFNksdfhjhgiuyiuhkejhsfueytehgkngkgjvbmjghuiGREAT MAN

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I would like to say that Dr. Yee is like no other doctor I've ever seen he saved my father's life my dad had arteries that were 85% clogged and he was very weak Dr. Yee gave him a five way bypass surgery and he's doing great Surgery was on January 4, 2016 He has made a full recovery almost back to his old self from the bottom of my heart doctor yee from my family 👌👍🏻we love you have a great day everyone thank u

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I almost don't believe him to be a regular human being as he works so hard, has long hours, gets very little sleep and is still so comforting and reassuring to his clients and their families. They're are not enough doctors out there like this and we were truly blessed he fell upon our family

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Yee has more compassion than any surgeon I have ever encountered. He treats people like people not conditions and I will always be grateful he saved my Mom's life. Thank you Dr. Yee. You are a wonderful doctor and person!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016