Ratings for Dr. Arjang Abbasi

Dr. Abbasi is the best very caring physician and takes the time to understand his patients and he is very skilled in what he does I am confident in the care that I receive from him. I highly recommend Dr Abbasi

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I am an athlete and I was referred to Dr. Abbasi regarding what was thought to be pinched nerve in my neck. He diagnosed it to be a shoulder problem and treated me appropriately. I had a great experience with him and his office staff and have since returned to my level of training prior to being treated by him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I have had lower back pain from a herniated disc for a few years and saw a few doctors before seeing Dr. Abbasi. He has helped me return to all the previous activities and sports that I was not able to do for a while. Kudos to the staff as well.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr Abbasi and his office. He is a great physician. I recommend him to my friends and relatives.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

Dr. Abbasi is a very kind Doctor he did an epidural steroid injection in my back and now I am back to my regular life. I was in so much pain before I couldn't do anything but now after getting the injection I am back to my regular life and working pain free. The staff is very kind and the facility that I had my injection was very nice and professional. I really appreciate Dr. Abbbasi and the time that he took to explain to me my condition and finding a way to treat it so quickly. I am so happy that I found this office.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I have always found dr Abbasi to be very well read and knowledgeable. He takes the time to answer all my questions. He is great. I have always liked my experience with the staff as well. Everyone is very friendly and caring.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

I have been under the care of dr abbasi at long island spine for over a year. I have nothing but praise for him and have referred several friends and family members to him

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Abbasi for over a year for pain associated with osteoarthritis in the neck and back - I have found him to be compassionate and knowledgeable about my condition, he listens - he makes suggestions and does follow up blood work. I would recommend this doctor very highly as a good compassionate helpful doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

STAY AWAY from dr. abbasi! I was going to the him and his practice for 2 years & all they did was push pain meds. It took him a year to tell me to take otc advil (i guess he don't make money off of that, never mind my pain) he never had any idea who I was. I had to explain my situation every time although he had my file in the computer, in front of his face. dr. abbasi had given me 3 epidurals but yet each time I saw him, he didn't know who i was, he had no idea where i was having pain, (he guessed wrong every time, you think he would remember) nor how many epidurals he had given me already (it's all in my file! read it!) The final straw was when I was having pain in my lower back & asked if a full MRI would be prudent. he screamed at me no! i asked again, just to be safe? he screamed at me again no! and stormed out out of the room. So in short, do yourself a favor and definitely stay away from abbasi!

Submitted May 3, 2011

Can't say enough about this doctor. I sought his help per my parents advise. I live in Nassau county. It was well worth the trip. Recommend him to anyone with back pain.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Dr. Arjang Abbasi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Abbasi specializes in non-operative care of neck and back disorders and he is fellowship trained in Interventional Pain Management and Sports Medicine. Dr. Abbasi is a certified Diplomate of the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He is committed to the latest technologies in non-operative treatment of the spine. He has completed extensive research in the in fields of spine, sports and electrodiagnostic medicine. Dr Abbasi is also a peer reviewer for multiple medical journals. He has authored publications, textbooks and journals, including Spine, Pain Medicine and PM&R journals and presented at national conferences. Medical Degree: •University Of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine Stratford, New Jersey Internship/Residency: •Chief Resident: Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation/ University Of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey •Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Resident: Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation/ University Of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey •Intern: Long Beach Medical Center, Long Beach, New York Fellowships: •Interventional Pain and Sports Medicine Beth Israel Medical Center,New York, New York Professional Affiliations: •Spine Intervention Society •American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation •Medical Society of the State of New York •Suffolk County Medical Society •North American Spine Society Hospital Affiliations: •North Shore Surgi-Center, Smithtown, New York •Huntington Hospital, Huntington, New York •St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, Smithtown, New York

• Spanish

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 2001)

UPMC