You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Marino J Discepola

Since last Thursday Jimmy Cliff's "I can see clearly now..." has been my theme song! I actually feel I have lived a miracle. Two hours after my surgery, my eyes still covered with the security shell, I started noticing details around me through the tiny holes in the shell, details I'd never noticed before. And when time came to remove the shell, such excitement. I was on a discovery trip. I felt like a child in toyland...the vibrant colours, the details in buildings, reading fine print from a distance and all without glasses and one eye still to go... I even feel I have a new TV screen, the picture is so clear! Dr Discepola in my eyes is a miracle worker - the surgery was quick, smooth and painless. Now, I can't wait to get the other eye done. Kudos to you and your team at St. Mary's and at your clinic. A. Grace

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr Discepola a opéré mes deux yeux pour des cataractes. Après la deuxième, je ne peut que dire que le résultat est un miracle! Voir parfaitement sans lunettes ni verres de contact et en plus, un oeil parfaitement calibré pour la lecture. comme je l'avais demandé puisque je fonctionnais de cette manière e puis des années avec mes lentilles (mono vision). Cette réussite est sans contredit le résultats de la grande compétence du Dr Discepola. Tout le processus qui s'étirent sur plusieurs mois avant l'opération est super bien organisé et tout le personnel est hautement qualifié. Merci.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

What an obnoxious Dr... Went in for an eye infection the way he was acting made me feel as an if i had HIV or something ... Wasnt taking the time to explain properly what was causing my infection and what would help it go away wasnt even taking the time to hear what i had to say plus they charge 30$ for eye drops he only put in one eye (i guess to justify the fact they ask for $) plus my appointement was at 1:45 i saw him at 2:30 ...

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Just had my second eye done by Dr Discepola. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Discepola and his staff. Cataract surgery on both eyes is a long process, not the operation itself, but all the appointments take up a long period of time, so it's important for the office and staff to be well-organized and Dr Discepola's operation runs like a well-oiled machine. But ultimately of course it comes down to competence and in this regard Dr Discepola is brilliant. Do not under any circumstances entrust your eyes to anyone else, Dr Discepola is the king of cataract surgery!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Absolutely the best!! These are your eyes after all. Dr Discepola is knowledgable , thorough, caring, and has the hands of a Michaelangelo, don not trust your cataract surgery to anybody else. You will not be disappointed at choosing Dr Discepola as your eye surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Was so nervous about cataract surgery and everything went well from prep to follow up. No pain and minimal discomfort. Great staff at st Mary's hospital. Amazing to be able to see so well so fast after. Now can't wait to get other done. I don't know why I waited so long to take care of this. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Cateract surgery on both eyes. Dr. and staff very knowledgeable, kind, professional. Extremely successful procedure by him via laser. Hospital staff at St. Mary's fantastic. Recommending to everyone needing an opthalmologist.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I saw Dr. Discepola several years ago and was successfully treated for a cornea abscess. I recall back then having to sit in his waiting room for up to two hours which is what I anticipated when visiting him today. As it turns out, I sat in his office for 3 hours and 40 minutes with the total consultation time measuring no more than 25 minutes. When I asked his staff about this inconvenience, I was told that the wait time was always like this. When I asked Dr. Discepola how he could justify such long wait times, he simply offered to find me another ophthalmologist. I assured him I would be capable of finding one on my own. The staff are pleasant, and Dr. Discepola is a good enough doctor. But personally I shall take my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

The staff was so very nice and Rosanna was so nice and caring.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Dr. Marino J Discepola's Credentials

• McGill

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Since last Thursday Jimmy Cliff's "I can see clearly now..." has been my theme song! I actually feel I have lived a miracle. Two hours after my surgery, my eye..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Discepola a opéré mes deux yeux pour des cataractes. Après la deuxième, je ne peut que dire que le résultat est un miracle! Voir parfaitement sans lunettes ..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "What an obnoxious Dr... Went in for an eye infection the way he was acting made me feel as an if i had HIV or something ... Wasnt taking the time to explain pro..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had my second eye done by Dr Discepola. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Discepola and his staff. Cataract surgery on both eyes is a long process..."

October 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the best!! These are your eyes after all. Dr Discepola is knowledgable , thorough, caring, and has the hands of a Michaelangelo, don not trust your..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Was so nervous about cataract surgery and everything went well from prep to follow up. No pain and minimal discomfort. Great staff at st Mary's hospital. Amazin..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Cateract surgery on both eyes. Dr. and staff very knowledgeable, kind, professional. Extremely successful procedure by him via laser. Hospital staff at St. Mary..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Discepola several years ago and was successfully treated for a cornea abscess. I recall back then having to sit in his waiting room for up to two hour..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "The staff was so very nice and Rosanna was so nice and caring."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Good operating room control. Controls flow of patients preparing for surgery. Works within limitations of system Trustworthy"

June 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 71 year male who underwent Laser surgery for removal of cataracts and astigmatism on right eye by Dr. Discepola 1 day ago at St. Mary's Hospital. Outstan..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Discepola is great and the staff is nice but the waiting is discouraging. Even with an appointment prepare yourself to sit for at least 3 hours in the crowd..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Outre le très grand professionnalisme et la totale disponibilité du Dr Discepola et de son personnel , je tiens à souligner les très bons soins obtenus à l'hôpi..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Finally can see everything in true HD thanks to a very professional, caring and knowledeable opthmologist, Wonderful staff and hospital crew, Thank you so much ..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Truly a fabulous ophthalmologist. Caring, compassionate and takes his time with each patient. Highly knowledgable and highly recommended."

December 13, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "If you're not rich, don't see this doctor! He may be a decent ophthalmologist, but a little greedy if you ask me. My elderly mom had cataracts surgery in both ..."

November 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Je recommande à quiconque ce chirurgien, pour son professionnalisme, ainsi que pour la qualité de son expertise. Son approche, son doigté, sa compétence m'incl..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He is caring, understanding and professional with a lot of knowledge. I would recommend to anyone looking for a fantastic ophthalmologist."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I feel blessed to have found such a gem of a doctor. I was scared and nervous to have surgery but after I met with Dr. Discepola, I knew I was in the best possi..."

September 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "J'ai consulté le Dr. Discepola pour l'ablation des cataractes. Après avoir obtenu un rendez-vous rapidement, j'ai été opérée pour les deux cataractes et je sui..."

September 25, 2014
  • Postal Code has been updated from "H3R1" to "H3P 3E5". Address has been updated from "1240 b" to "1240 Beaumont". Suite has been updated from "" to "110". Phone Number has been updated from "" to "514-385-0530".

September 22, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

October 12, 2013
  • City changed from "Montreal" to "Mont-Royal"

October 4, 2013
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

October 13, 2012