Dr. Marino J Discepola

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marino J Discepola

Having had cataracts successfully removed from both eyes by Dr. Discepola I recommend him without any reservation what-so-ever. From initial evaluations through final post-operative examinations he is an extremely skilled and accomplished ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Médecin tres gentil qui maitrise bien son dommaine

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

J'ai été opérée par Dr Discepola pour une cataracte à l'oeil droit, et j'ai été très satisfaite à tous points de vue. Je suis allée le consulter suite à une très mauvaise expérience avec un autre ophtalmologiste qui m'avait opérée à l'oeil gauche. Contrairement à l'autre, Dr Discepola a répondu à toutes mes questions, a discuté avec moi de mes options, a pris les moyens pour que je puisse anticiper le résultat prévu. L'intervention à l'Hôpital St. Mary's s'est très bien déroulée, sans aucun désagrément par la suite, et les résultats sont au-delà de mes espérances. L'opération a été payée par la RAMQ. Mon seul bémol concerne les frais accessoires (non couverts) plus élevés que dans le premier cas. Les employés et collaborateurs de Dr Discepola sont aimables et attentionnés. On sent que l'organisation est efficace. L'attente est parfois longue comme chez tous les spécialistes, mais la salle d'attente est agréable et ensoleillée. Il est en général possible d'obtenir un rendez-vous rapidement. Mon seul regret : j'aurais tellement souhaité que ce soit Dr Discepola qui opère mes deux yeux !

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Être une patiente de Dr Discepola n'a pas de prix. Ses connaissances, son attitude réconfortante et sa disponibilité sont absolument incomparables. J'apprécie et recommande.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Dr. Marino Discepola, who has treated countless members of our Italian Association. I would just like to say that he is extremely friendly, polite, humble, and respectful. If, he seems to take a little long with a client, do not fear, you will get all the time you need when it is your turn. No need to look any further, he is Simply the Best, Period. Regards Domenic at 65 P.S. you have shown your true Colors to the hundreds of people in our Association of Campochiaro, Campobasso based in Montreal.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr. Discepola is the very best eye surgeon you will ever get.!!!!When he is delayed it is because he is busy taking care of patients who have serious issues but he accords all patients the same respect and attentiveness. You will never find a more hard working compassionate eye surgeon than him. Another thing to consider is that his knowledge and expertise are in high demand. The aging population are impatient and just how many patients he puts up with is amazing. Try smiling once in awhile and understand that at times we will have to wait but that is the exception not the norm. Both eyes are now done with multi focal lenses and the results are far above any of my expectations. I believe in only dealing with the the best. So if you are considering an eye surgeon choose Dr. Discepola you will not be disappointed. This man is a perfectionist.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Yes, very good doctor. He operated both of my eyes with fill success.. The negative point is the awful lach of punctuality ! Appointment at 10, visit with the doctor at 1:00, and it lasted maximum one minute. Fortunately, I have no vision or eye problem. But why couldn't his office better organized so we wouldn't have to wait 3 hours for a one minute visit ? But, yes, the doctor is very good.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Discepola is the best in the business and so are his staff. I am sure there is no other eye surgeon who can compare to this exceptional man. His expertise, knowledge, care and compassion is far superior to any eye surgeon I have ever met. Here is my story. After being misdiagnosed with a detached retina I met Dr. Discepola at the Glen hospital where he was mentoring students and just about to end his shift. He treated the students with the utmost respect and treated me like royalty. He immediately took charge of the situation and reassured me there was no detached retina (it was a cataract). Subsequently, I met with him in his office where I was absolutely terrified extremely concerned and unable to ask a lot of questions. At that point we only discussed the monofocal lens as I wanted to run from the office. Dr. Discepola detected how tense and nervous I was. Dr. Discepola did not pressure me into discussing any other possible options, I found this to be so very professional because he could have suggested a more expensive lens. We scheduled a follow up visit prior to surgery. At this visit I was able to ask more questions and when I asked Dr. Discepola why he had not discussed the other lens options he simply let me know he had detected from my personality just how nervous I had been. At this final meeting before surgery Dr. Discepola and I decided to go with a multifocal lens. The point here is to demonstrate his ability to detect a nervous patient, remain calm, be very effective and extremely efficient in his ability to manage the situation. Dr. Discepola explained the differences between the lens and mentioned that with the multifocal lens I may see halos for a short time after the surgery. Well I am here to say that I have had one eye done and I now have 20/20 vision and not a single halo (only one which is on top of Dr. Discepola's head)! I am not wearing glasses at all. I go for the other eye in November so stay tuned and I will let you know how it goes!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

If you are looking for a good eye dr (ophthalmologist) look no further! Not only is Dr Descepola good, he is the BEST!!! His staff both at his office & at the hospital are very informative, professional & friendly! Dr Descepola is a perfectionist. Along with his honesty & knowledge he will inform & assess you into making the best decision possible! I could not have seen anything as I needed cataract surgery done!! I was " blinded by the light". Now, both my eyes have been done & I can honestly say "it's a miracle!!" I can see for miles, every color is a million times brighter and there are no obstacles in the way!! Everything is so much more enhanced!!! Because I could now see, my confidence is at a whole different level!! All is perfect!! Don't hesitate to see Dr. Descepola!! You will not be dissapointed!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Ld Dr Discepola est un chirurgien hors-pair. Il est très é l'écoute et prend bien le temps. de nous expliquer l'opération et les conséquences. Je le recommande fortement. Le personnel de sa clinique est également très gentil et compréhensif et surtout très compétent. On se sent en confiance.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016