Dr. Marino J Discepola

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marino J Discepola

Yes, very good doctor. He operated both of my eyes with fill success.. The negative point is the awful lach of punctuality ! Appointment at 10, visit with the doctor at 1:00, and it lasted maximum one minute. Fortunately, I have no vision or eye problem. But why couldn't his office better organized so we wouldn't have to wait 3 hours for a one minute visit ? But, yes, the doctor is very good.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Discepola is the best in the business and so are his staff. I am sure there is no other eye surgeon who can compare to this exceptional man. His expertise, knowledge, care and compassion is far superior to any eye surgeon I have ever met. Here is my story. After being misdiagnosed with a detached retina I met Dr. Discepola at the Glen hospital where he was mentoring students and just about to end his shift. He treated the students with the utmost respect and treated me like royalty. He immediately took charge of the situation and reassured me there was no detached retina (it was a cataract). Subsequently, I met with him in his office where I was absolutely terrified extremely concerned and unable to ask a lot of questions. At that point we only discussed the monofocal lens as I wanted to run from the office. Dr. Discepola detected how tense and nervous I was. Dr. Discepola did not pressure me into discussing any other possible options, I found this to be so very professional because he could have suggested a more expensive lens. We scheduled a follow up visit prior to surgery. At this visit I was able to ask more questions and when I asked Dr. Discepola why he had not discussed the other lens options he simply let me know he had detected from my personality just how nervous I had been. At this final meeting before surgery Dr. Discepola and I decided to go with a multifocal lens. The point here is to demonstrate his ability to detect a nervous patient, remain calm, be very effective and extremely efficient in his ability to manage the situation. Dr. Discepola explained the differences between the lens and mentioned that with the multifocal lens I may see halos for a short time after the surgery. Well I am here to say that I have had one eye done and I now have 20/20 vision and not a single halo (only one which is on top of Dr. Discepola's head)! I am not wearing glasses at all. I go for the other eye in November so stay tuned and I will let you know how it goes!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

If you are looking for a good eye dr (ophthalmologist) look no further! Not only is Dr Descepola good, he is the BEST!!! His staff both at his office & at the hospital are very informative, professional & friendly! Dr Descepola is a perfectionist. Along with his honesty & knowledge he will inform & assess you into making the best decision possible! I could not have seen anything as I needed cataract surgery done!! I was " blinded by the light". Now, both my eyes have been done & I can honestly say "it's a miracle!!" I can see for miles, every color is a million times brighter and there are no obstacles in the way!! Everything is so much more enhanced!!! Because I could now see, my confidence is at a whole different level!! All is perfect!! Don't hesitate to see Dr. Descepola!! You will not be dissapointed!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Ld Dr Discepola est un chirurgien hors-pair. Il est très é l'écoute et prend bien le temps. de nous expliquer l'opération et les conséquences. Je le recommande fortement. Le personnel de sa clinique est également très gentil et compréhensif et surtout très compétent. On se sent en confiance.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

From start to finish the staff in Dr. Discepola's office and at St. Mary's Hospital were efficient, kind and professional. At all times I was given the explanations I required. Dr. Discepola runs a tight ship. He is in charge of his exceptional technicians and hospital staff. We discussed at length my visual issues and his advice was spot on! After two cataract surgeries I now have monovision. I can see distance well and read without glasses. It was a lucky day when I walked into his office. Thank you. S.B.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Discepola is the best. I have 20/20 vision again and it is absolutely amazing. St. Mary's Hospital staff were great as well.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Since last Thursday Jimmy Cliff's "I can see clearly now..." has been my theme song! I actually feel I have lived a miracle. Two hours after my surgery, my eyes still covered with the security shell, I started noticing details around me through the tiny holes in the shell, details I'd never noticed before. And when time came to remove the shell, such excitement. I was on a discovery trip. I felt like a child in toyland...the vibrant colours, the details in buildings, reading fine print from a distance and all without glasses and one eye still to go... I even feel I have a new TV screen, the picture is so clear! Dr Discepola in my eyes is a miracle worker - the surgery was quick, smooth and painless. Now, I can't wait to get the other eye done. Kudos to you and your team at St. Mary's and at your clinic. A. Grace

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr Discepola a opéré mes deux yeux pour des cataractes. Après la deuxième, je ne peut que dire que le résultat est un miracle! Voir parfaitement sans lunettes ni verres de contact et en plus, un oeil parfaitement calibré pour la lecture. comme je l'avais demandé puisque je fonctionnais de cette manière e puis des années avec mes lentilles (mono vision). Cette réussite est sans contredit le résultats de la grande compétence du Dr Discepola. Tout le processus qui s'étirent sur plusieurs mois avant l'opération est super bien organisé et tout le personnel est hautement qualifié. Merci.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

What an obnoxious Dr... Went in for an eye infection the way he was acting made me feel as an if i had HIV or something ... Wasnt taking the time to explain properly what was causing my infection and what would help it go away wasnt even taking the time to hear what i had to say plus they charge 30$ for eye drops he only put in one eye (i guess to justify the fact they ask for $) plus my appointement was at 1:45 i saw him at 2:30 ...

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Just had my second eye done by Dr Discepola. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Discepola and his staff. Cataract surgery on both eyes is a long process, not the operation itself, but all the appointments take up a long period of time, so it's important for the office and staff to be well-organized and Dr Discepola's operation runs like a well-oiled machine. But ultimately of course it comes down to competence and in this regard Dr Discepola is brilliant. Do not under any circumstances entrust your eyes to anyone else, Dr Discepola is the king of cataract surgery!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015