Ratings for Dr. Marino J Discepola

From start to finish the staff in Dr. Discepola's office and at St. Mary's Hospital were efficient, kind and professional. At all times I was given the explanations I required. Dr. Discepola runs a tight ship. He is in charge of his exceptional technicians and hospital staff. We discussed at length my visual issues and his advice was spot on! After two cataract surgeries I now have monovision. I can see distance well and read without glasses. It was a lucky day when I walked into his office. Thank you. S.B.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Discepola is the best. I have 20/20 vision again and it is absolutely amazing. St. Mary's Hospital staff were great as well.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Since last Thursday Jimmy Cliff's "I can see clearly now..." has been my theme song! I actually feel I have lived a miracle. Two hours after my surgery, my eyes still covered with the security shell, I started noticing details around me through the tiny holes in the shell, details I'd never noticed before. And when time came to remove the shell, such excitement. I was on a discovery trip. I felt like a child in toyland...the vibrant colours, the details in buildings, reading fine print from a distance and all without glasses and one eye still to go... I even feel I have a new TV screen, the picture is so clear! Dr Discepola in my eyes is a miracle worker - the surgery was quick, smooth and painless. Now, I can't wait to get the other eye done. Kudos to you and your team at St. Mary's and at your clinic. A. Grace

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr Discepola a opéré mes deux yeux pour des cataractes. Après la deuxième, je ne peut que dire que le résultat est un miracle! Voir parfaitement sans lunettes ni verres de contact et en plus, un oeil parfaitement calibré pour la lecture. comme je l'avais demandé puisque je fonctionnais de cette manière e puis des années avec mes lentilles (mono vision). Cette réussite est sans contredit le résultats de la grande compétence du Dr Discepola. Tout le processus qui s'étirent sur plusieurs mois avant l'opération est super bien organisé et tout le personnel est hautement qualifié. Merci.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

What an obnoxious Dr... Went in for an eye infection the way he was acting made me feel as an if i had HIV or something ... Wasnt taking the time to explain properly what was causing my infection and what would help it go away wasnt even taking the time to hear what i had to say plus they charge 30$ for eye drops he only put in one eye (i guess to justify the fact they ask for $) plus my appointement was at 1:45 i saw him at 2:30 ...

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Just had my second eye done by Dr Discepola. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Discepola and his staff. Cataract surgery on both eyes is a long process, not the operation itself, but all the appointments take up a long period of time, so it's important for the office and staff to be well-organized and Dr Discepola's operation runs like a well-oiled machine. But ultimately of course it comes down to competence and in this regard Dr Discepola is brilliant. Do not under any circumstances entrust your eyes to anyone else, Dr Discepola is the king of cataract surgery!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Absolutely the best!! These are your eyes after all. Dr Discepola is knowledgable , thorough, caring, and has the hands of a Michaelangelo, don not trust your cataract surgery to anybody else. You will not be disappointed at choosing Dr Discepola as your eye surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Was so nervous about cataract surgery and everything went well from prep to follow up. No pain and minimal discomfort. Great staff at st Mary's hospital. Amazing to be able to see so well so fast after. Now can't wait to get other done. I don't know why I waited so long to take care of this. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Cateract surgery on both eyes. Dr. and staff very knowledgeable, kind, professional. Extremely successful procedure by him via laser. Hospital staff at St. Mary's fantastic. Recommending to everyone needing an opthalmologist.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I saw Dr. Discepola several years ago and was successfully treated for a cornea abscess. I recall back then having to sit in his waiting room for up to two hours which is what I anticipated when visiting him today. As it turns out, I sat in his office for 3 hours and 40 minutes with the total consultation time measuring no more than 25 minutes. When I asked his staff about this inconvenience, I was told that the wait time was always like this. When I asked Dr. Discepola how he could justify such long wait times, he simply offered to find me another ophthalmologist. I assured him I would be capable of finding one on my own. The staff are pleasant, and Dr. Discepola is a good enough doctor. But personally I shall take my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Dr. Marino J Discepola's Credentials

• McGill

AARP
Amerigroup
Assurant
Beechstreet
BUPA
Children's Health Insurance Program (Chip)
  • Cigna Hmo