Ratings for Dr. Monika Mannan

Missed diagnosis and rude when questioned. Go to a US trained doctor instead.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Monika Mannanfor over 6 years. She has excellent experience snd credentials in treating patients with problems in endocronology diiseases. If you are willing to work with her treatment you will get excellent results. She is very polite, courteous and with a lot of patience. The staff is courteous and helpful. Her timings suits my schedule. After hours followup is very good and Dr. Mannan is very good in following up in a reasonable times. I personally would recommend her to my family and friends. The key to success is working with the doctor's instructions closely.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN. Rude, Arrogant, Ignorant and Stubborn. She overcharges ($50 extra if she "counsels" you) which your insurance will not cover because it's a BS charge but most of her patients are on Medicaid so they don't care. Impossible to get routine thyroid prescriptions refilled without re-scheduling a doctor's visit where she tells you nothing's changed. Could she do that over the phone? Of course, but then she couldn't charge you $150. She will talk over you, "correct" you about your own symptoms and is generally so rude, self-important and obnoxious, you won't believe it. She basically told me to lose weight I should go back to a 1990s food pyramid! If I ate that many carbs I would weigh 400 lbs.!! When I pointed out new studies in the Lancet about lower set-points--she dismissed it as "internet garbage". Maybe that's what they told her at her crappy foreign medical school, but she's obviously NOT keeping up with new research in her field. Don't believe ANY of these "glowing" reviews. They must have been written by her staff. Or believe that her staff has "improved"--they haven't. They are still just as stupid, lazy and rude. I went to her for years because she was the only endo on my insurance taking new patients--but honestly I end up paying so much out-of-pocket because of all her overcharges, it's not worth it.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Please, I beg you, DO NOT see this doctor with any thyroid concerns. I am a 21 year old female. When my dentist noticed a mass on the right side of my neck, I went to see Dr. Mannan. When she was describing different thyroid diseases, she forgot the name of one. She had me do the sipping test but concluded that it was not a thyroid issue because the mass was on my neck and not near my thyroid. She prescribed me an ultrasound; however, multiple doctors have told me she should have prescribed a CT scan with contrast because there was clearly a concerning mass. After I got my ultrasound done, I sent it to Dr. Mannan as well as my primary care doctor. The next day, I got a call from my primary saying I needed to get a CT scan done immediately. Those results led to a biopsy, confirming that I have malignant papillary thyroid cancer. I have two tumors on my thyroid and the cancer has spread to lymph nodes all over the right side of my neck. It took Dr. Mannan A WEEK AND A HALF to call me saying the results of the ultrasound looked concerning and she would like to see me again. By that time, I already had a surgeon and was scheduling my thyroidectomy. Three weeks later, Dr. Mannan has not followed up once, and my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Type 1 for 40 years and her treatment of me is undeniably excellent and I cannot be the only person to make this comment. Her knowledge about diabetes and patience explaining exceeds what doctors often do which is rush you in and out. Everyone is responsible for their own care so pick up your cell and call the office for test results. She has many, many patients who don't take care of themselves. Become a proactive advocate for your own health and pay attention, take notes, ask questions. I see her and always know I have the best care available.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr. Mannan does know her stuff, but getting her to tell you that can sometimes be tough. She can be a bit vague when she talks to you. Her staff is nice, but a bit slow and ditzy. Calling to get an appointment can take awhile and there is no answering machine. They also tend not to call you when your lab or mri results come in.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr. Mannan was knowledgeable, patient, and willing to work together to come up with the best treatment for me. She spent more time with me than most doctors will, making sure I understood everything and to answer my million questions.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Dr. Mannan is the worst. She really is only interested in making sure she gets her copy and can Bill your insurance. I was denied refill prescriptions for drugs that I need to live because I hadn't been in to see her in four months. I have been a diabetic for 20+ years and am under very good control. She has never asked me anything or told me anything I didn't already know. Again, Dr. Mannan is a shister!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Dr. Mannan doesn't care about her patients. All she cares about is her money and how to overcharge the insurance. She's not knowledge because she never answered any of my questions about the diabetes and thyroid. After following Dr. Mannan's treatment, my blood work reports came out to be so abnormal. Dr. Mannan is the kind of doctor who would make you more sick. DON'T TRUST HER !!! Dr. Mannan doesn't care about her patients and she's as rude as her staff.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Mannan for over a year - hear staff is extremely helpful and Dr. Mannan takes the time to explain all of my concerns which is a PLUS as most Doctors today treat you like a number instead of a person. Dr. Mannan treat you like a person :) I would highly recommend her to everyone

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012