Ratings for Dr. Monika Mannan

Please, I beg you, DO NOT see this doctor with any thyroid concerns. I am a 21 year old female. When my dentist noticed a mass on the right side of my neck, I went to see Dr. Mannan. When she was describing different thyroid diseases, she forgot the name of one. She had me do the sipping test but concluded that it was not a thyroid issue because the mass was on my neck and not near my thyroid. She prescribed me an ultrasound; however, multiple doctors have told me she should have prescribed a CT scan with contrast because there was clearly a concerning mass. After I got my ultrasound done, I sent it to Dr. Mannan as well as my primary care doctor. The next day, I got a call from my primary saying I needed to get a CT scan done immediately. Those results led to a biopsy, confirming that I have malignant papillary thyroid cancer. I have two tumors on my thyroid and the cancer has spread to lymph nodes all over the right side of my neck. It took Dr. Mannan A WEEK AND A HALF to call me saying the results of the ultrasound looked concerning and she would like to see me again. By that time, I already had a surgeon and was scheduling my thyroidectomy. Three weeks later, Dr. Mannan has not followed up once, and my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Type 1 for 40 years and her treatment of me is undeniably excellent and I cannot be the only person to make this comment. Her knowledge about diabetes and patience explaining exceeds what doctors often do which is rush you in and out. Everyone is responsible for their own care so pick up your cell and call the office for test results. She has many, many patients who don't take care of themselves. Become a proactive advocate for your own health and pay attention, take notes, ask questions. I see her and always know I have the best care available.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr. Mannan does know her stuff, but getting her to tell you that can sometimes be tough. She can be a bit vague when she talks to you. Her staff is nice, but a bit slow and ditzy. Calling to get an appointment can take awhile and there is no answering machine. They also tend not to call you when your lab or mri results come in.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr. Mannan was knowledgeable, patient, and willing to work together to come up with the best treatment for me. She spent more time with me than most doctors will, making sure I understood everything and to answer my million questions.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Dr. Mannan is the worst. She really is only interested in making sure she gets her copy and can Bill your insurance. I was denied refill prescriptions for drugs that I need to live because I hadn't been in to see her in four months. I have been a diabetic for 20+ years and am under very good control. She has never asked me anything or told me anything I didn't already know. Again, Dr. Mannan is a shister!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Dr. Mannan doesn't care about her patients. All she cares about is her money and how to overcharge the insurance. She's not knowledge because she never answered any of my questions about the diabetes and thyroid. After following Dr. Mannan's treatment, my blood work reports came out to be so abnormal. Dr. Mannan is the kind of doctor who would make you more sick. DON'T TRUST HER !!! Dr. Mannan doesn't care about her patients and she's as rude as her staff.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Mannan for over a year - hear staff is extremely helpful and Dr. Mannan takes the time to explain all of my concerns which is a PLUS as most Doctors today treat you like a number instead of a person. Dr. Mannan treat you like a person :) I would highly recommend her to everyone

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Mannan for years. Since she has been on the third floor. She is a great Doctor and has always been able to help me control my blood sugars. Over time, she has gotten a much better staff. The old staff could have been friendlier. I love how the newer staff are always so friendly and helpful. The asian girl, I think her name is Shawna or Donna, that answers the phone is always sweet, polite, and gets my concerns across to Dr. Mannan. I've gotten to know the office and feel that I will be coming here for a very long time. The wait is sometimes long, but it doesn't stop Dr. Mannan from spending time with you when it's your turn to answer all your questions.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

RUDE STAFF. LONG WAIT EVERY SINGLE TIME. SENDS A BILL THAT WAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN CARED FOR. UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF ESPECIALLY THAT SHAUNA THAT SITS WAY ON THE RIGHT. SHE DOES NOT GREET PATIENTS AT ALL WHEN DR MANNAN IS NOT PRESENT BUT PRETENDS SHE IS SMILING AND CHATTING WITH PATIENTS WHEN DR. MANNAN IS IN FRONT. SHE HAS NO MANNERS. THE STAFF ARE NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE AND DR. MANNAN IS ALWAYS LATE.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012