Ratings for Dr. James D. McMahan

I came to Dr. McMahan on a referral from a friend. I have long considered a tummy tuck to repair my abdominal muscles after two prior surgeries in college for a bowel resection left me with my ab muscles cut straight in half (and 2 pregnancies did not help the area!). Dr. McMahan explained everything to me in detail during my consultation and I signed up for the surgery that day. His office staff was WONDERFUL preparing me for the day of surgery and making sure all of my questions were answered. I felt very comfortable. I was undoubtedly nervous the day of surgery but Dr. McMahan, the nursing staff and the remaining staff at the surgery center made me feel so at ease. The entire process was seamless and exceeded my expectations. I was extremely comfortable after surgery and the pain was far less than I anticipated. Dr. McMahan called me the night of surgery to check in and continued to follow my care throughout recovery. He is a phenomenal surgeon and I am so thrilled with my results! I highly, highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

I HIGHLY Recommend Dr. McMahan and his staff! I have always dreamed of a mommy makeover after gaining/losing 50+lbs with both of my children. I struggled mentally and physically with returning to my pre-pregnancy figure. A friend referred me to Dr McMahans and after working up the courage I finally scheduled a consult. He suggested to be as close to my ideal weight before surgery as it is a contouring procedure and not a weight loss surgery. I took his advice and hired a personal trainer to help me get in the best shape possible. One year later I had my surgery (Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck). From day one Dr. McMahan has been honest, upfront and concise. He is an extremely skilled and detailed surgeon. He takes the extra time to do it right the first time. There are no words to describe my “new” body. The transformation is phenomenal and he exceeded my expectations. Throughout the entire process his staff has been professional, friendly and understanding. Every day I think how I cannot believe I actually did this, but so glad I did! I would choose Dr McMahan and his staff every time!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

I had a procedure done on November 20 and am just about 6-weeks post-op. The procedure, the healing process and the aftercare have been great. Dr. McMahan is a very talented surgeon and his staff are very friendly.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

Dr. McMahan and his team are very professional and caring. I had gone to see him about replacing a chin implant I had done a couple years earlier. Dr. McMahan did an excellent job of picking a new replacement implant and correcting my previous surgery. I have seen a couple different plastic surgeons and would recommend Dr. McMahan over all of them.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

I am very very pleased with the surgery I received recently from Dr. McMahan. I came to see him in regards to a chin implant I had gotten 4 years ago that had completely migrated to the side of my face right on top of my mental nerve, causing pain and numbness of my lip/chin area. The doctor who originally did the surgery told me it could not be fixed and informed me nothing was wrong. Dr. McMahan completed re-vision surgery, putting in a new chin implant that better suited my face, which was placed in the PROPER position, unlike the first surgery. I am SO happy with the results and it turned out better than I had expected. Not having to stress about permanently losing feeling in my face is priceless. Also, the pricing was completely reasonable. I would definitely recommend Dr. McMahan!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

I had an abdominoplasty with Dr. McMahan after 100 lb weight loss, and he was always professional, knowledgable, personable, and helpful with any question I had. Fantastic care and the results were better than I could have imagined!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Loved my experience with Dr. McMahan! So happy with my breast implants.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Dr. McMahan is very professional and personable. I find him easy to talk to about my need to look refreshed and not "over done." He has mastered the art. Because of him I feel beautiful without make up.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Excellent Md. Makes his patience feel very comfortable, does not rush and listens to you. Top notch professional in all ways

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I am so pleased with his work and his awesome bedside manner!!! I highly recommend him and his wonderful staff!!!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Dr. James D. McMahan's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1984)