Ratings for Dr. Vasanthy Rajah

She is a wonderful caring doctor. She does take her time with her patients. COPC is a wonderful place to go. The staff is amazing and always bends over backwards to help me out. I can't believe all the negative comments below. I have never had a bad experience there. These complaints don't even make sense. If ever I have a question about some Dr. Rajah said or did the staff or herself will not hesitate to explain things to me. I would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I have been a patient for 7 years. COPC is getting worse. The staff is rude and slow to fill requests. I had to make 7 phone calls to help them coordinate with my Ins. co.They questioned the large increase in my dosage and wanted the office to call them, They took forever. I was out of meds for 2 weeks and had to get a 10 day supply from a local pharmacist. When I complained they dropped me as a patient. A very unprofessional operation. I believe they miss diagnosed me and were covering their mistakes. If you care about your health, GO ELSEWHERE .

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

I was scheduled for my annual physical, she had me go the day before for a blood draw and urinalysis the day before so she would have results. Come to find out that they charged all my pre-appointment tests as "medical" (treat medical need)instead of part of the physical. I have called insurance today to find this out and called the COPC billing office to have them re-code and resubmit. A lot of this will depend on how Dr. Rajah wrote the order, she should have written it as preventative. It save me alot of money that way since my physicals are covered 100% by my insurance.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Always runs late. You are late into the exam room where you sit for 20-30 minutes before you see her. The walls at COPC need sound proofing if you are going to wait that long. She has told me levels were high on tests when the test results we were looking at showed normal, disagreed with depression diagnosis by my psychiatrist because "you always look up/happy when you are here". She put a diagnosis on my "problems list" that I had to look up online. Found out it was a condition "associated with severe intellectual disability and physical abnormalities in many parts of the body"! I am a college graduate with a high IQ! Have never even heard of it! Called office to have it removed. These records go to other places! Wish she would pay attention to chart/records details. She has sent prescriptions to the pharmacy without telling me/telling me what they were for. I am changing doctors!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

She has always been responsive with my medical needs although a little insulting about my obesity. My daughter had a different experience. She was very unsympathetic with her mental issues and had a get tough approach. Her advice was "get over it" sort of words. I still go my daughter doesn't.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

She is always late but DOES spend a lot of time with you once she's in the room. That said, it took me 3 years of going to her complaining about back pain & telling her that I went to chiropractor and found out that I had fused vertebrae before she FINALLY ordered an MRI. Turns out that I have 4 herniated discs. She refuses to give me any kind of decent painkiller/anti-inflammatory, etc. flat out stating that she doesn't believe in medication. That's all fine for her, but I need to be able to work. She also never sent my son for an MRI when he complained about leg pain after an accident until 2 years later when he injured himself again. Turns out that he had a torn ACL from the first time. She is very nice and very caring, but I don't have a lot of confidence in her and feel like I have to push HARD to get any kind of results.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

Followed her from one previous practice. Total change in philosophy at COPC. Ridiculous. Couldn't agree more with the comments about seemingly unnecessary appointments and restricted refills for routine prescriptions. Same is true with other COPC offices. Big emphasis on the money side of medicine for sure. Dr. Rajah is a very good physician, but not a good fit for this office & style of practice. Her nurse was inept, at best. she once scheduled me for three different imaging & diagnostic tests that were only DISCUSSED as potential resources for future use if condition persisted. When I unscheduled the tests, Dr. Rajah dismissed me as a patient for not pursuing preventative medicine. Then, I was told I could get a copy of my medical records transferred to another physician, without charge, only if transferred to another COPC physician. What a racket! My best advice it to avoid any/all Central Ohio Primary Care practices.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

She can run behind, but the wait is worth it. She will not run in and out. If she needs to spend an hour with you she will. Goes over family history, medications and all health problems every time. She is big on preventive medicine. Can be bullheaded at times, but that is a good thing, she is the doc after all.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Like many of the others who rated Dr. V I followered her from her OSU practice to COPC. Dr. V has always been attentive to my needs and is very caring and sincere. And I believe that is why she is always running late on appointments - she is taking her time with each patient and making sure she is covering what she needs to cover. As far as COPC is concerned - it is a business! I know very little about the other doctors but they don't seem to be as concerned about patient care but rather procedures and posting signs about how they are not going to service you or how they are going to charge you for missed appointments. The support staff are good solders and do as they are told. It appears as if Dr. V is always swimming up stream against the procedures and policies. Nobody is perfect but she is close as you can get. She has helped me and continues to help me battle my illnesses and demons! Thank you Dr. V!!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

I have seen Dr. Rajah 14 times in the last 4 yrs, & my husband visits her too. We encounter 3 problems all the time-1: After a RN does the initial check-up, the doctor takes avg 30-45 mins to see you 2: Dr. spends less than 5-7 mins with us 3: She wants us to make multiple visits for concerns that could be addressed in 1 visit. Couple of colleagues at work had similar issues with her & changed their doc but she is just 2 blocks from us so we stuck with her. Recently my husband was out of town n I got deadly sick, saw her but was waiting on blood work, then did not have energy to pick up meds so called to ask if I could use something already at home but she asked me to see her- I was like "What? It's Fridy evening now, she wants me to spend the weekend w/o meds knowing I can hardly breath?". Finally the RN called saying I can take what I have at home but mentioned I not call again, rather take an appointment. Dr. Rajah is knowledgeable but inhumanly business minded.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009