You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Andrew D. Ta

I've been to several doctors across the country due to my moves and Dr Ta is the best I've been to yet. He was even better than the head of neurology at Emory university hospital.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

I went to Midwest Orthopedics first and after they could not find the problem I went to Dr. Ta with the same symptoms. Prior to running test he guessed the problem and was proven correct by the test. I think this was not only due to his extensive knowledge but also his caring personality and ability to listen to his patients. He is the BEST!!!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

I was horrified by the experiences I had on the phone speaking to Dr. Ta's staff. Not only were they rude, unhelpful, and downright disrespectful, but the receptionist hung up on me! Thinking this was a mistake I called back and told her that we were disconnected. Her response? "You are calling during our lunch break and I won't schedule you for an appointment anyway." I couldn't believe it until I read the other reviews. If the staff is any indication of the professionalism and care, I would highly suggest seeing another doctor. I did.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Dr. Ta is very rude, gets angry if questioned, falsifies records with things that did not take place or were not said. I would not go see this doctor no matter what. I would travel a hundred miles before I would go see him 5 minutes away.Should lose his license !

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr.Ta is rude,disrespectful,unprofessional.Father dx by primary doc mild Alzheimers.Long list of symptoms & changes I have been reporting happening in last year & getting worse. This was 2nd appt.with Ta & I requested he tell my dad dx.He is in denial,thinks he is just fine.I returned after appt. to clear up ? I had forgotten to ask.Nurse was being helpful then he came up.Basically he got very huffy & told me "why should I take your word for it,if you think your dad is CRAZY take him here" as he gave me a list of psychs.Why he should take"my word"is because I & other family have seen it.I have POA papers they know, but when I asked for dx & MMSE scores the woman up front looked up his chart & said there was nothing there.I know they score them as I know his last two scores from his primary & they have to have dx to bill ins.I was personally offended by his use of the word "crazy".It is derogatory to anyone with a mental illness & I am Bipolar II plus other

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

I agree with the posters that said they would not see him again. It was the strangest thing. My first visit, he was very nice. Then on the second visit, when I told him a medicine he wanted me to try didn't help my migraines and made me feel depressed, he got very defensive and dismissive. He asked me what I wanted from him also said since I ONLY got migraines once a week that maybe I could just live with them. He obviously has a huge ego and terrbile bedside manner. What kind of doctor asks a patient, "What do you want from me!?" He never ran any tests and wouldn't even consider that the muscles spasms I get right before I get a migraine were the reason for the migraine. I was very confused and upset when I left. During my first visit, the nurse read through the forms I filled out and since I had been to many doctors for years with no help for my migraines, she asked, "You've been to so many doctors already. I don't understand what you're doing here."

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

I don't know what happened in my interaction with Dr. Ta, but he suddenly became very unpleasant and difficult. He would not listen. He seemed to misinterpret my concerns. He went on a bit of a rant, expressing strong opinions and becoming dismissing of others (including other medical staff). The hospital staff seemed to avoid him or be afraid of him, though I am not sure. Another doctor said that Dr. Ta was very smart and able. He did seem to have strong technical/medical skills, but his bedside manner was not working for me.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

I saw Dr. Ta only twice for severe cervical neck pain. The first time he was very kind and helpful. The second visit was because I was having severe muscle spasms in my neck and couldn't move at all. I checked the drug affects on the LYrica he had given me and when I told him I thought it was drug related, he suddenly dropped me and told him he would not see me any more and told me to go somewhere else. It wasn't even the same person that I saw the first time. I feel his conduct was unethical and unprofessional. I am an R.N. and I recognize the "dumping syndrome" when I see it.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2010

Excellent Dr. and Staff. More than most physicians that we've dealt with, they take time to listen to everything the patient has to say. Very helpful in helping families find support services. Thorough follow-up.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

Dr. & Staff are great. They have been so supportive and helpful in my recent diagnosis and treatment of MS. I couldn't have been luckier to have been referred to this Dr!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2008

Dr. Andrew D. Ta's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been to several doctors across the country due to my moves and Dr Ta is the best I've been to yet. He was even better than the head of neurology at Emory ..."

February 7, 2016
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=158574'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 5, 2014