Ratings for Dr. Valerie Ann Knudsen

Dr Kneudsen was the absolute worst doctor I have ever had. Rude and downright mean. Put me into deep ppd after she looked me head to toe at my 6 week post baby check up, scrunched up her face and said, "This....is PATHETIC!" Terrible bedside manner...ruined my first childs birth experience.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

This "doctor" is a hack, a quack, and an incompetent and unjustifiable arrogant wanna be surgeon. She performed the wrong surgery on me for a hysterectomy. My life will now never be the same. I will be lucky if I live another 5 years because of what she did to me. I told her repetitively of my existing medical condition and asked over and over if this was a safe surgery for me to have. She shunned and chuckled at this this as if I had just told her I had fleas. This woman has absolutely no business having a license to hold a pare of tweezers much less a medical license. I trusted her and now I am paying the ultimate price. Avoid her at all cost. Run away as fast as you can. I know Missoula is a small town but I guarantee you this...you are better off trusting the dentist to perform a hysterectomy than trusting her. Run.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

This woman nearly cost me my life. She performed a hysterectomy on me and failed to suture the vaginal cuff adequately. As a result, I nearly bled to death within hours after the surgery. As if that wasn't enough, years later at a different doctor's appointment, I discovered that I still have my cervix! Something Dr. K SHOULD have removed! Now because it's been so long, I have no recourse and need another surgery to do the job she failed to do.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I'm very happy with Dr.Knudsen. she is very direct and to the point . I personally get the opposite treatment in regards to weight. I'm very conscience of it and felt I was a bit chubby when I conceived, I actually picked her from the reviews assuming she would help keep my fitness goals on track. She feels my weight is not an issue and validates my exercise and diet. She respects my natural perspective and does not push any procedures or prescriptions. My partner also enjoys her.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Knudsen since 2003 at the recommendation of a friend of mine who is also a patient. As others have stated, she is upfront, direct and doesn't sugarcoat anything. I am quite a bit overweight and it is always discussed, but never has she made me feel ashamed, judged or belittled. She listens to what I have to say - even ordering a particular test I wanted even though she didn't think it was necessary. She explained her reasoning, but listened to mine and decided to go ahead with the test. The results were what she expected, but again - she respected my reasoning and that means a lot to me. As with any major diagnosis of a serious condition (which I have been lucky enough to avoid) - I would get a 2nd opinion, but only because I believe that is common sense, not because I wouldn't trust her with my care. If the 2nd came back with the same results, I'd want Valerie in charge of my care.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Knudsen for 8 years now. She is very straight forward and professional. She tells it like it is but she is not cruel. Over the course of seeing her I have gained 40+ pounds. She always brings it up, as she should, but she is never condescending. She is helpful and knowledgeable. She takes the time to discuss options and involves me in my care. I have no plans to change docs any time soon.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I went to Dr. Knudsen to get a "palpable mass" checked and received only a cursory exam and a transvaginal untrasound. It was done poorly and even she admitted it so she called me back in to do another. I was told it was a fibroid and not to worry. I later found out from my records that she wasn't even looking in the right area. Nine months later I was diagnosed by another doctor with advanced metastatic cancer. It was found after my so called "fibroid" (primary tumor) ruptured and I almost died - it required a lengthy emergency surgery. I did receive a call from her after my primary requested it but it was only a "I'm sorry this happened to you" non-apology. If you ever see her and don't feel comforable be sure to get a 2nd opinion. I regret trusting her at all! We may have been able to catch it before it metastasized.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

Dr. Knudsen is one of the most professional upfront people I know, professionally and personally. Most people think she's too forward but to be honest I wouldn't want the person in control of my medical care to be anything but blunt and professionally serious with my health. She will tell you how it is and will find the best solution that suites you. I feel that she cares deeply for each and every patient she comes in contact with and will put them before herself any day. I very highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

I've seen Dr. Knudsen for the past 15 years. She has been nothing short of excellent in her care for me. She provided menopause care, bone density testing and education, she performed my hystorectomy and all done perfectly well. She is one of the few doctors I've ever seen who trys to nudge me to continually improve my health in real and doable ways. I can't recommend her more highly.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

I am 47 years old; I went to Knudsen for heavy bleeding and change of life issues. My husband went in with me. We are not overly obese but we are overweight. I was not offended by her mentioning my weight at all as a good doctor would. I was offended by her. I do not drink at all, never did and I do not eat at McDonald's yuck! No offense meant to those that do but her standards look out. She took one look at me and said, and I quote, "You have to get all the alcohol out of your house and quit drinking, and stop eating nothing but crap and eating out at McDonalds." She was condescending and mean. I went there for help and she wasn't any help, in fact she made me feel worse. I am over weight and depressed and burned out, as I took care of my in laws whom had Alzheimer's for 14 years, raised my kids, worked out of the home and ran my own business from my home, when home. She was way off base. She is mean, cruel and has no respect for anyone. I wouldn't see her if I were bleeding to death.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. Valerie Ann Knudsen's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1980)

MSP/BC Med