Ratings for Dr. Hisham Hakim

Finally able to manage my pain thanks to Dr. Hakim. Great Doc...will be referring my friends to him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Great Doctor. Friendly staff. Very knowledgable. Great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

very long waits, doesn't listen, recalls nothing about me as a patient, hasn't looked at my records even though I had them sent over and I've been a patient for more than a year.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

This man is the cruelest doctor i have ever been to.He does not care if you sit in the office for 5 hour waiting to see him (that's if you can find a seat).He is a muslin and he act's like he despises american's,He does not care what you have to say and he ignores you and does what he want's to do.I have never in my life seen a doctor have NO care about what going on with you.Every time it's the same examination.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

I was at the end of the rob before I saw dr hakim two yrs ago . He made 180 degree change in my life . He tuned me up to a point that I have fulfillment in my life . He was very involved in my wellness . He helped me see life in much better life . The pain is better and I can do so much now . I did recommend multiple of my friends to him ....

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

i used hakim for 2 yrs he has left me in room and also forgot about me i do understand how busy he was but seemed unprofessional had no other problems for two yrs until my last appt i went the door was locked no one there no one called me so i call he was on vacation with his family i was out of methadone 4 a day went through withdrawls ended up at methadone clinic which cost appro. 800 a mth for gas and payment

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

I had the same experience as this guy: "Honestly he scared me bad enough I had to see another doctor , then I was told by him I was being treated by him not as a neurologist but as Pain management , and I went to see him in the beginning as a neurologist,He is argumentative if you ask him questions about the meds he is giving you , I would NOT RECOMMEND THE DOCTOR TO ANY ONE , I am still thinking about reporting him to the medical board in Alabama , or who ever I need to , and making formal charges". He also sold me a vitamin for Fibromyalgia with shark fin, and blue fish lips (I mean really, WTF!!) This was to replace my Antioxidants, Like Vit. C, B-12, etc. This guy can't practice in IL, and has sanctions against him. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY!!!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

At first I thought he was great but then he put me on disability and charged me outrageous fees for paperwork I had to have. Then his office lost my chart and he couldn't fill out my paperwork without it so my claim was denied due to lack of paperwork. I appealed the claim and had to pay more fees for more paperwork. now I just found out today my claim was denied again. Also every time I go in to see him he asks me about my bill. I have never had a doctor talk to me about a bill. If he worried half as much about his patients as he does his money I wouldn't be in the situation I am in. Plus half the time there is no where to sit cause there are so many people waiting and I have never been there less then 2 1/2 hrs and only see him 10 min. max. He will stop seeing patients to meet with pharmacy reps and prescribes meds that he gets cutbacks for.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

He is an out of network provider for my bc/bs. The first few times I saw him, he was WONDERFUL!THEN he constantly wanted me to participate in HIS "clinically owned" physcial therapy & I did but 50.00 co-pay each time.I explained that I could not afford this and his next course of treatment was epidurals, course of 3 every 3 mons? Then to top it all off, at my regular appointment time, i had the flu. I called THREE days in advance, as I would be out of my pain meds "methadone". I called 3 three times a day for 3 days and received no return call. I explained EACH time that I would be out of medicine and was aware that methadone is a drug which can not be phoned in. Could he call me in something to at least keep me from withdrawls. Guess what? HE DID NOT call anything in for me or return a call and I went thru withdrawls as well as the flu! His only reaction at my appt 6 days later, was I'm sorry, but there are rules! Yes but not for lortab! STAY FAR AWAY!! Remember DO NO HARM!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009