Ratings for Dr. James S. Heiner

My visit with Dr. Heiner was terrible; I would not recommend him to anyone. Not only did he interpret my health condition as much worse than it was; his tact was very inappropriate.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

What a great experience we had for our first visit with Dr. Heiner. He was compassionate, kind and interested. He even called a colleague of his while we sat with him to ask about a pre-cancer condition that I am facing. That level of caring is rare. He answered questions, showed me all of my ultrasound testing photos and showed a genuine concern for my health as well as an optimism that was wonderful. We feel blessed to have been able to connect with this doctor. The staff was pleasant, accommodating and fun!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

overall my experience was good. I only saw Dr Heiner twice.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

I had a very abdnormal and difficult IVF cycle this last March which failed in the end. I stumped Dr Heiner as to why. My blood levels didn't make any sense to him and even in my medical record he uses the word "mysterious." That being said, I have zero regrets in seeing him. I thought he was extremely kind and listened to all of my concerns. I never felt rushed and I felt that he let me have a roll and opinion in my treatment. I have a lot of respect for him as a physician and a person. Great man. I wish he could explain the "mysterious" parts, but I don't discredit his abilities because of that. It really was...strange. The staff is amazing.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

I don't understand the negative reviews for Dr Heiner. He was amazing. I had several miscarriages and saw 3 Dr.s before him. He went through my medical chart with my husband and me. I never felt rushed at any of my apt. He was very easy to talk to and was very honest about my chances of being able to have a child. Then he took the time to run tests until we found out what my problem was. Because of this I have my son. Once I was pregnant he took the time to call around and find a another specialist for me to see while I was pregnant. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Heiner! He helped us have two children through IVF. He was the first MD to be upfront and honest about the fertility issues that we were facing. He was great to answer any questions we had and was so kind through the whole emotional process.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

I don't who the other commenters above saw, but this doesn't describe my Dr. at all. I found Heiner to be thoughtful and kind. Very patient and certainly knowledgeable. I would refer him to anyone and feel confident in that referral. Infertility is such a difficult situation. Dare I say that perhaps the negative comments are just people that didn't get instant success? Wish everyone the best though...

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

This was our first step of taking any action with infertility. Dr Heiner never even opened our chart. We had never had any testing or any kind of lab work done and suggested we do InVitro for $20,000.00 up front and said he would do it until it worked for that price. He was just salesman to my husband and I. We went to the U of U and saw Dr Gibson for a 2nd opinion, and LOVED him and the clinic.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I really don't know how that one person could say this was a good experience. It was HORRIBLE. Dr. Heiner was very much the business man, insensitive and confusing. Rushed. Then they did not reply to voice messages sent, and did not make me aware that one of the labs prescribed would take 2 hours. I had to take a half day off of work for nothing. They are unprofessional, insensitive and I will NEVER go back. Do not use this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

I consider him a business man rather than a doctor. My IVF was done 4 yrs ago and it was a traumatic experience. My husband and I were rushed through all the time. Procedures and results were not fully explained. I was told I was pregnant, but only they knew my numbers weren´t right. After two and a half months I was told over the phone to stop the progesterone injections so I could have my miscarriage. That was the first time I actually found out things were not going well. Since nobody said what to expect I had my miscarriage and hemorrhaged. I had to have a transfusion to recover. After I went to U of U I found out he did a 3 day cryo instead of a 5 day which is more successful. Anyway, a waste of time and money. The emotional roller coaster was unbelievable with this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010