Ratings for Dr. Margaret Onoszko

Wow...crazy ratings, all good or all bad. I have no problems with Dr Onosko. Never have to wait long. Staff is great ( Sam is awesome). They take care of billing my benefits provider. Relatively pain free ( she is a dentist). They do a lot of procedures in house..ie root canals and implants. So she has a lot of extra training. I don't find it stressful to go thete

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

All these negative ratings are strange...someone must have a bone to pick..I've been seeing Dr Onoszko for years (10+)...I have had excellent care,,. the staff are great and the Dr. always explains procedures to me.. the staff make sure I understand the costs involved...if you want basic cheap dentistry go the the mall,,, I want a dentist that is concerned with my long term care...I never want dentures...I could counter many of these negative comments...anyway I have found her very knowledgeabl

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Worst experience. Disclaimer: I originally wrote a review on the dentist's google business account, but it was deleted. I went to see her almost 4 years ago when I first moved to Victoria. At the time I had no insurance and made her aware of that. I went in to get a filling replaced that had fallen out. I had some xrays done and was told that I had 3 other cavities and given a quote for over $2000. I ended up getting the filling replaced, which has always felt awkward and bulky. She didn't do a bite test to see if it aligned with my bottom teeth at all. She tried pressuring me into getting more xrays done before leaving, but I made it very clear that I had NO insurance coverage. I told her that I was going to see my uncle who is a dentist next time I go home and she became very condescending at that time, looking at the hygienist and saying "Ohhh, your uncle is a dentist" and so on. I never went back. A year later I went to see a lovely dentist with great reviews on here for a cleaning and he told me I had great teeth and zero cavities. The receptionist there attempted to get my file from Dr. Onoszko's office but they never sent them. She alluded to the fact that it wasn't the first time they've heard bad things about this dentist. I do not recommend this dentist.

Submitted February 25, 2017

Caring and honest. I have always sensed a deep feeling of compassion for my well being. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I was a patient of Dr Pratt til he retired and Dr Onoszko took over his patient list. I had a terrible experience. The appointments were rushed and impersonal. The hygienist left me with mouth pain for 3 days! Told me I needed hygenist cleaning every 3 months. Dr Onoszko came across abrupt and forceful, and I was also told I had bad gum receding, and needed additional expensive treatment covered by my benefits, but felt concerned about it given the bad over all experience. Moved to a new dentist at a different practice, didn't tell them what had been diagnosed. They said I have excellent gums and teeth, much much better than average for my age. Have been at the new place for almost 2 years with no change in this prognosis and no treatment required, other than normal 6 months cleaning.

Submitted January 12, 2017

I have nothing but praise for Dr. Onoszko, but I have no idea were that picture came from. I have been a patient for at least 10 years and always find it a pleasant experience, yes I said pleasant. The staff are always happy (a good sign) and friendly. And I feel like we have a "plan" in place for my future dental health. Yes dental care is expensive, any good dentist will cost money, but I plan on having my teeth well into old age and would much rather spend money on my teeth than something frivolous.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

All of the comments below are very accurate in reporting the type of 'care' I received under this practitioner. I was told I needed numerous superfluous dental treatments as well as had issues with some of the treatments I did receive. In particular, a basic amalgam replacement - which turned out to not be necessary - became infected and I had to get a root canal and cap. All of the work I had done was rushed and new dental treatments were constantly recommended. I had never had an issue with my teeth before this dentist (one cavity in 29 years).

Submitted March 7, 2016

This is by far the wort dentist I've ever experienced. She is sloppy, condescending and out to squeeze as many dollars as she can out of you. She purchased the practice of Dr. Pratt, who was a wonderful dentist that really cared about his patients and his staff. When I first went to her after the purchase of the practice, she didn't even take the time to get to know me. If she could have a caption over her head it would be "time is money." She said that I had several cavities after rarely ever having cavities. Unfortunately I went along with her suggestion and had the most painful dental experience of my life. I had pain in my mouth for 8 weeks afterwards. I thought I would have pain for the rest of my life. And after completely using up all of my insurance coverage, she told me I still had a whole mouth of work that needed to be done. I quickly changed dentists. This woman needs to be reviewed by some external body. I would suggest that her practices are borderline criminal.

Submitted August 28, 2015

first time visit, she told me I need 2 fillings, when I arrived for the appointment, it suddenly became 3 fillings. Uncomfortable, sloppy work. I will never go back!

Submitted August 13, 2015

I don't believe this is an accurate picture of Margaret Onoszko. If it is, I have the wrong dentist. This review is referring to Margaret Onoszko who currently works at Dental on the Avenue in Oak Bay. I am 29 years old, have never had a filling and have immaculate teeth. I have a wonderful a benefit plan and this doctor took full advantage of that. I went in for a routine check-up was told, via e-mail after the appointment, to inform me that I needed 8 FILLINGS and 3 other various preventative caps.The total $ amount for the work was going to cost $2500 (which they wanted to do over a 6 month period) and they went ahead and contacted my benefits provider to see what would be covered. I was blown away and instantly booked an appointment with another dentist for a second opinion. My current dentist said I needed 0 FILLINGS...that is a huge variance. It has been 1 1/2 years since I last saw Onoszko and regularly go to the dentist- still have yet to have a filling and I have a very health mouth. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST-she is a scam artist and should not be practicing.

Submitted August 2, 2015