Ratings for Dr. Margaret Onoszko

My husband switched to her and said the improvement in care compared to his last place has been huge. When I went to a root canal specialist, I overheard him talking to his hygienist about what good work Dr. Onoszko does - it was clear from his tone he had a respect and appreciation. I also appreciate about her that she donates some of her time to helping some less privileged people overseas.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I have received excellent care by all the staff and especially Dr Onoszko.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

great long term dental care (15+ years) in a convenient location.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

I've received care from Dr. Onoszko for nearly 20 years and have only good things to say. I've never experienced any issues regarding treatment plans or billing, have always found her to be professional and caring and willing to discuss options. I've never been offered treatment that wasn't essential. It's a busy practice in a modern and efficient space, a convenient location, with great staff supporting the work.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Dr. Onoszko is an extremely knowledgable dentist who clearly conveyed what I needed to have done. I knew it advance what my treatment was going to cost... and this was extremely important to me. Every one in the office was pleasant and helpful. I would highly recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Wow...crazy ratings, all good or all bad. I have no problems with Dr Onosko. Never have to wait long. Staff is great ( Sam is awesome). They take care of billing my benefits provider. Relatively pain free ( she is a dentist). They do a lot of procedures in house..ie root canals and implants. So she has a lot of extra training. I don't find it stressful to go thete

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

All these negative ratings are strange...someone must have a bone to pick..I've been seeing Dr Onoszko for years (10+)...I have had excellent care,,. the staff are great and the Dr. always explains procedures to me.. the staff make sure I understand the costs involved...if you want basic cheap dentistry go the the mall,,, I want a dentist that is concerned with my long term care...I never want dentures...I could counter many of these negative comments...anyway I have found her very knowledgeabl

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Worst experience. Disclaimer: I originally wrote a review on the dentist's google business account, but it was deleted. I went to see her almost 4 years ago when I first moved to Victoria. At the time I had no insurance and made her aware of that. I went in to get a filling replaced that had fallen out. I had some xrays done and was told that I had 3 other cavities and given a quote for over $2000. I ended up getting the filling replaced, which has always felt awkward and bulky. She didn't do a bite test to see if it aligned with my bottom teeth at all. She tried pressuring me into getting more xrays done before leaving, but I made it very clear that I had NO insurance coverage. I told her that I was going to see my uncle who is a dentist next time I go home and she became very condescending at that time, looking at the hygienist and saying "Ohhh, your uncle is a dentist" and so on. I never went back. A year later I went to see a lovely dentist with great reviews on here for a cleaning and he told me I had great teeth and zero cavities. The receptionist there attempted to get my file from Dr. Onoszko's office but they never sent them. She alluded to the fact that it wasn't the first time they've heard bad things about this dentist. I do not recommend this dentist.

Submitted February 25, 2017

Caring and honest. I have always sensed a deep feeling of compassion for my well being. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I was a patient of Dr Pratt til he retired and Dr Onoszko took over his patient list. I had a terrible experience. The appointments were rushed and impersonal. The hygienist left me with mouth pain for 3 days! Told me I needed hygenist cleaning every 3 months. Dr Onoszko came across abrupt and forceful, and I was also told I had bad gum receding, and needed additional expensive treatment covered by my benefits, but felt concerned about it given the bad over all experience. Moved to a new dentist at a different practice, didn't tell them what had been diagnosed. They said I have excellent gums and teeth, much much better than average for my age. Have been at the new place for almost 2 years with no change in this prognosis and no treatment required, other than normal 6 months cleaning.

Submitted January 12, 2017