Ratings for Dr. Nancy Binford

Before I discuss my issues with this office, I do want to say there was one nurse who was AMAZING when I was spotting. This is my first pregnancy, and what they don't tell you in the books is that spotting does not necessarily mean... a spot. So, while I was pretty emotional about this, she was soothing and encouraging the entire time. She made that experience so much better than it could have been. In regard to the remainder of the office, I moved across the country and had to wait a week for them to transfer my records to my new doctor because the "person who did that quit, and they send records out on Mondays and Fridays. They had a 'stack' of files to get to before mine." So, other people and their babies and my baby had to wait to get into another doctor because they were understaffed. I hope and pray that these other women did not have any issues in between now and then. In regard to Dr. Binford, I met with her briefly and didn't really connect with her, which was ok, as I was moving.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

If I could give Dr. Binford more stars I would. This is hands down the best doctor I have ever had. She truly cares about her patients well being. I live over an hour away from this doctor. I have PCOS and was concerned of future fertility issues. Because of this, I researched in my area and Austin. I read mixed reviews, but the good ones gave her such amazing reviews that I decided to check it out. It has been almost two years and I have seen her multiple times for a variety of reasons and she NEVER made me feel like I was waisting her time. People complain about the long wait time. The reason for this is because she actually spends time with her patients. She listens to them and gets to know them. I have waited for hours without any mind when she was delivering a baby. Because she is that amazing. I came for an annual check up and was told I showed signs of precancerous cells on my cervix. She did a biopsy which confirmed this. I was scared to death and when I went in for my procedure she held my hand until I fell asleep from the anesthesia. When it was over she went and spoke to my family and took the time to explain this simple procedure to them. As if that wasn't enough, I wasn't able to get into my regular doctor for issues I felt like I was having with depression so I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Binford. I explained my symptoms and apologized if I was out of line going to an OBGYN for this type of problem. She assured me that she could help, and she did. We spent months going over my symptoms and trying different things. She treated me with respect every step of the way. She even called me after hours when she remembered another remedy for me to try. Dr. Binford is the most dedicated doctor I have ever met. She cares about your health and your personal well being. For those who gave negative reviews, I believe that Dr. Binford is not one to just give you a quick solution and be done with it. She wants to know that you are as interested in your health as she is. If you do your part and take her advice she will work with you no matter what. I have been through several gynecologists, and never met one like her. I would (and do!) recommend her as often as possible.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Binford. She delivered my first baby and without hesitation will deliver my second at the end of the year. She was completely open to how I wanted things to go but firmly steered me when something was not a good idea. She is kind and attentive. She treats you like an equal. Genuinely loves her job and taking care of and supporting women. Yes sometimes scheduled office visits run late...but baby births are not on a schedule. In summary, I'm glad I found her!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Binford delivered my third child. I can say without hesitation that it was terrible and my "birthing experience" was ruined by her. I'm not sure what would be worse, knowing that you could have a wonderful birthing experience and NOT getting that, or this being your first delivery and thinking "this is it?" and not knowing better. Dr. Binford was inattentive, literally strolled in as I was delivering my baby. My husband actually was standing in position to catch our child because Nancy was not there. By the way, she was "chatting" in the hallway outside my room. I later found out a friend's wife was delivering next door to me and they had experienced the exact same thing. Before I was leaving the hospital she came into my room and gave me a "that was so fun" speech. It was as if she had pushed play on a recording. She didn't even look me in the eye. Extremely inattentive, no connection to the patient, I am still upset that she took my daughter's birth and tainted it with anger.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Dr. Binford was a pleasure. She was very thorough and listened to all of my health issues and concerns. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Ms. Binford's practice is never punctual, cannot be bothered to correctly submit your insurance information to their labs, and does not give true information to their clients. I always book the first appointment of the day, and still have to wait 30 minutes. I have had to call to straighten out billing problems multiple times, and their office is not willing to make the effort to fix them, even though they had my correct insurance information, they just sent old insurance information to their lab. In addition, multiple times the nurse practitioner and the doctor have told me that people who have not had babies are usually not eligible for IUD's - which is just false. I don't trust this office with my health, my time, or my money, and neither should you.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

I initially saw Dr. B regarding an inability to conceive. She was extremely kind, warm, tactful (regarding my AMA status), and informative. When I explained that we only wanted to do some standard fertility tests, but not pursue additional medical intervention(IVF,etc), she was 100% supportive. Talking to Dr. B was like talking to a regular woman, not a condescending doctor who spoke over your head, tuned you out or treated you like a number on a chart. I've since seen her for my well woman exam, and will be calling her this week as we just got a positive pregnancy test. The staff has always been very warm and welcoming as well. There is no doubt that the wait is often long, but that's typical with ob-gyns..delivering babies is unpredictable business. My only complaint would be having to chase down test results: typically I had to call them to find out my fertility test results. Otherwise, love this place!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

I love Dr. Binford as well as her PA Lori. Both of the women are great and they have never been anything but friendly to me. Binford gets booked pretty quickly that's why I recommend getting an appointment with Lori, she's almost ALWAYS available especially if you're having problems. Normally I wait for over an hour in the waiting room, but it's just expected now. They are great doctors and I am willing to wait while they are in the hospital. Great service by the front desk, I've never experienced any rude comments as others have expressed.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

If you are looking for a midwife, you may have found your physician. If you are wanting a physician that is qualified and understands that technology is accessible for a reason, I would not recommend Dr. Binford.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2011

Dr Binford was very pleasant however the rudeness of the front office staff was so overwhelming that I ended up changing dr.s at 20 weeks pregnant. Also, there was always at least an hour wait time. Overall I would not recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr. Nancy Binford's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1994)

Sask Health