Ratings for Dr. Gregory C. Starks

I found Dr Starks to be rude. During our (10 minute) consultation, he continuously made fun of my husband. Brandi and Karen rarely respond quickly to my phone calls, and once I missed my IUI opportunity because they didn't respond to my phone call until the next day. I felt like they weren't listening to my actual concerns. They told me I have PCOS but refused to do anything to confirm it and just put me straight on Metformin (even though I've never experienced any symptoms of PCOS). Brandi was never helpful at explaining things to me. And I only saw Dr Starks once, at my consultation. I don't care if he thinks he knows more than everyone else, I want to give my money to a doctor who actually cares about his patients, and so I am switching to another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. Starks is the best and his staff is awesome. My husband and I switched to Dr. Starks from another infertility doctor in KC. and we were SO glad we did. We have a beautiful son.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

My husband and I switched to Dr. Starks after seeing another fertility specialist in KC. The other doc had continued to put me on Clomid when it continued to not work. We were referred to Starks by some friends and are so glad we decided to see him. He ran diagnostic tests and performed laparscopic surgery. 5 months later and our 3rd IUI with injections, I'm now expecting twins! Dr. Starks was wonderful during all of our consults, and his NP Brandi and assistant Karen were always there to answer my many questions! I'm so grateful to this team for helping me achieve my dream!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

We absolutely love Dr. Starks and his staff. Especially his nurses Karen and Brandie. They figured out what was wrong with me in just a few days after going to another fertility clinic in the Kansas City area for 1 1/2 years spending thousands of dollars for nothing's. Getting ready to do IVF cycle and truly feel God led us to Dr. Starks.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Dr. Starks is wonderful!!! After seeing another Doc (well their NP) it was great to actually see him during my consult. He was very direct but did great patient education with my husband and I. We left our first appointment with a better sense of what was going on and what needed to happen. After my laparoscopy he was able to show my husband photos confirming his hunch of Ascherman's syndrome causing me to miscarry. His nurses always responded to my calls quickly and worked with me to get me seen out of consideration of when procedures needed to take place based on my cycle. Ultimately I was also diagnosed with PCOS which was explained well by Brandi (she even asked if I was ok with the treatment plan instead of just throwing me on meds). Although we ultimately got pregnant on our own, Dr. Starks and his team were an adhered prayer, as it was his accurate diagnosis and treatment of my Ascherman's syndrome and PCOS that have my pregnancy a healthy start. Dr. Starks has bedside manner and a quirky sense of humor, very interesting guy to chat with but most importantly he knows his stuff and doesn't make empty promises. His staff is good my only complaint was at times I had to remind his NP of important facts related to my case that were frustrating but in the end it all worked out. I've already confidently recommended to several other women.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

My wife and I had an amazing experience here. Dr. Starks is very knowledgeable about what he's doing and told us right away what his plan and what we needed to do to conceive. We haven't gone for insemination yet, but we can't wait! The staff is very friendly. We highly recommend Dr. Starks and have suggested to him to others. Dr. Starks isn't going to caudle you, so if you're wanting a Dr. who's going to baby you he isn't it. If you want results and a straightforward approach, he's your guy!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Amazing. His knowledge is second to none. I have a 17 month old in result of him and his staff after suffering for 5 years. He is down to business and he knows what works. If you need babied, then maybe go to therapy first then try to get pregnant. I will be going back for #2 even though I live states away.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I went in as a precaution by my obgyn, and found out quickly I have pretty severe endometriosis. After asking dr's I work with who I should be seeing they said I was already where I needed to be! His nurse is awesome and emails me regularly to check on me and to see how my current Lupron therapy is going. He has the same humor my husband and I have so we get along very well! I would suggest him to anyone having fertility problems.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I love Dr. Starks! I was recommended by a few women that all got pregnant from him. I was nervous at first to see him because of the reviews I read about him being rude or that he has a bad bed side manner, and I have yet to see that from him! I have been seeing him for a year now and he has been amazing. I was pregnant before I started seeing him but didn't know I was until about a month in a half later, it ended with a miscarriage and I took it extremely hard and Dr. Starks was very sympathetic to my husband and I. His words of encouragement and positive attitude helped us cope. As for the people that said he pushes IVF is untrue. He started out with the basics with me. We tried Clomid for a few months and when that didn't work he switched me to Femara + HCG trigger shot - that was unsuccessful as well. Now we will be doing injections and IUI. He has never mentioned IVF because he wants to take it one step at a time. I think a lot of people go in there wanting to be babied (to put it nicely) and want everything sugar coated for them but to be honest I'm not going in there to make a best friend, im going there to get pregnant! I think he knows my Husband and I aren't there to waste his time and will do what he wants us to do to get pregnant so he respects us for that. He is very confident in what he does and some people might think he comes off cocky but who cares! I've done my research and he's the best infertility specialist around this area... that's all that matters to me is that he knows what hes doing. His nurses Brandy and Karen are wonderful as well. Very polite and always gets back to my phone calls within the hour. I would definitely recommend them!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Hateful from the handshake. Rude and overly impressed with himself. It was easy to see he did not care for my visit. My whole "appointment" was 8 minutes, as I finally politely thanked him and left. I had stopped listening to him after he asked (in a condescending way) if I knew what an egg donor was, which wasn't why I was there. There's a difference between being up front with people and being downright mean. He doesn't appear to have learned it yet.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. Gregory C. Starks's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1973)