Ratings for Dr. James W. Stands

Dr. Stands has been my doctors for more years than I care to count. You will not find a finer man or a better doctor. He's the best.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

He has been an outstanding, caring doctor over many years. He helped me through a hard delivery. After having my tubes tied later, I developed itching and red bumps on my whole body. My joints began to swell and it hurt to even walk or be touched. Because of my allergies, I thought I might be allergic to whatever they tied my tubes with and called in to their answering service as it was after hours. Dr. Stands was just getting off call, but came to my house, took one look at me, told my husband to look after the kids, and immediately drove me to the hospital to get me admitted right away. All sorts of doctors and nurses started coming in to see my condition, which they had never seen before. Turns out I had a rare reaction called Stevens Johnson Syndrome to Macrodantin which had been prescribed by a urologist to treat chronic Cystitis. He stayed with me for the entire ordeal. His quick action, knowledge,and attention saved me from horrible consequences.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

This is a great practice, and really all of the doctors in this practice are wonderful. They are knowledgeable and listen to your needs. I have had all of my maternity care with them and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Fantastic overall experience. All of the doctor's in this practice take the time to answer all questions and are interested in their patients. Dr. Stands was very helpful and friendly throughout the entire process and made us feel very comfortable even after delivery/c-section. Definitely recommended!!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

Dr. Stands was very helpful and checked on me and my baby after I gave birth. He is very helpful.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

Dr. James W. Stands's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)