Ratings for Dr. Mark J. Syms

Dr. Syms is incompetent and arrogant. Do not go to him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr. Syms didn't only change my life I feel he saved my life. My name is Scott and I had a rare tumor the size of a gulf ball pushing against my brain.. So many thing could have went wrong. The surgery could leave your face paralyzed.. However Dr Syms made sure everything went well and removed the tumor from my head. He is very knowledgeable and a gifted doctor. My tumor was so rare that only one in 4 million people get it. I read some comments where some people weren't happy with his bedside manners and said he wasn't very nice. People I would rather have one of the best tumor removal doctors in Arizona operate on my head.. He not suppose to be your best friend, he is a professional doctor and he gifted...

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I did not get a chance to take my daughter for her appointment today because originally i was told she had to be asleep when we get there. I called to advise that she was wide awake and was most likely not going to fall back asleep(shes only 6months) the staff that answered the phone was SUPER RUDE. Thanks to her i will not take my daughter.Finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

The wait can be a bit long in his office but i never felt rushed. He took the time to answer every question i had. The day of my surgery he came in and spoke with me and made me feel at ease. His office staff could use help though. They seem to constantley need to be called in order to get the insurance things done. Overall though Dr. Syms is a great doctor and i am very happy with him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Very poor rating he is unprofessional he is not patient,I lost my hearing after surgery, his bedside manner is non-existent.I felt like after he got my money from Insurance he kicked me in the behind.Definitely a business man,I was treated like just another number and level of compassion from this Doctor is non existent.I wouldn't Recommend him to anyone.That has been my experience and I am so angry. And hurt to have been treated this way.I had a brutal brain surgery and I needed all the help I could get but never got it from this Doctor.I would advise patients to think very long and hard before going to him.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

I am very pleased with Dr. Syms and his staff. Although wait times could be a little long, this is quite understandable as Dr. Syms takes the time to answer all questions. This is one of the things that makes Dr. Syms well worth the occasional wait.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Dr. Syms was tremendously helpful as I was able to regain most of my hearing in one ear. As a professional musician, I am so thankful for his skill and expertise. His office staff was very helpful in securing insurance approval with very short notice, accommodating a long commute to appointments, and keeping appointments on time.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

I have been very happy with my experience with Dr. Syms and his staff. They have been understanding of my 2 hour trip when making appointments. He was very good about explaining the BAHA to me and I felt no pressure in making my decision about the surgery. He was there pre surgery to check on me. His bedside manor may not be "warm and fuzzy", but he is pleasant, and helpful in explaining things, and certainly is not offensive. I am completely pleased with both my care by him and his staff, and my BAHA that allows me to hear on the left side of my body for the first time in over 15 years. I would be more than happy to recommend him to others. Definitely worth the 2 hour trip to Phoenix.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

Dr. Mark J. Syms's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1993)

Kaiser-Permanente