Ratings for Dr. Harish J. Patel

I asked this doctor (???) questions that were important to me which he ignored. I think he was in lala land. He prescribed a medication that put me in the hospital for several days and came close to killing me. Would I recommend him? You bet, for deportation! He only has one good rating. I suspect that he gave himself that one.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

This doctor is very uneducated. Act like he is a god and is due the treatment of one. He discharged my son who is 14 (this doc isnt even a pediatric neurologist) and refused to fwd my sons file to the new neurologist then wen my sons about to run out of meds tells me ive had enough time and refuses to fill his scripts till the new doc can take over.... his office staff got hired by picking straws and got their education out of a bubblegum machine. They care jus as much as the doc does... hes horrible and i have filed a complaint with my sons insurance and hope it will keep future patiens and victoms from goin to his office. Horrible worst experience ever!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

The worst experience. I left office with six prescriptions. I took my results to another Dr. And turns out I didn't need any of the scripts. This man is an idiot. He had me thinking the worst....and there was nothing wrong. He also does not listen to the patient, just starts writing scripts.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I don't like writing negative things about people. But for people looking for a good nuerologist I feel it is important to tell them Dr. Patel is absolutely not it. He really shouldn't be practicing medicine. He misdiagnosed me pretty badly (according to my very competent new nuerologist). He didn't respond to any of my questions. Just kind of grunting "yes" a few times. He almost seemed like he didn't care when we were together and wasn't interested in actually practicing medicine anymore. My last visit ended with him referring me to USF because I got the distinct feeling he didn't know how to answer my questions. It was bad.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

After many denials & exceptionally ill with spinal damage & lupus- I finally was placed on presumptive disability. I asked Dr. Patel to please do new imaging to confirm hundreds of white matter lesions, spinal damage & several incidences that I thought may be strokes. He ordered MRI's at his facility. Did not order gadolinium to confirm white matter lesions. Did testing to confirm nerve damage- which is all he discussed with me! It wasn't until I was unpacking from a cross country move- that I found his records & notice it clearly indicated " evidence of bilateral cerebral infarction". These are STROKES! He did not even think it was important enough to discuss this with me?! It's not like I was suffering from a broken fingernail. He also prescribed several drugs for anxiety (which I do not have) & migraines (medications my previous neurologist & I stopped using years before- they did not work). Yet did not give me the prescriptions that were proven effective in the past.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

Med pushing doctor. Spends 5 minutes on each patient and doesnt listen to symptoms. Did not explain meds prescribed or why and when going in for mri results hi had to bring up what thw reaults where,:( i felt not confidence in this doctor what so ever. Not to mentiin his office staff looks like a past crack addict!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

I can admit after 4 visits to dr. Patel office, only timing was satisfactory. He did not help my concerns, his employee mentioned how dr. Patel does not listen to his patients nore his staff. I suffer from chronic to severe pain, because of none treatment it has worsen to extreme. How hard it is to find good honest caring doctors these days & employees, so for this dr. Patel is is not the Dr to see if your looking for profession & care.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

RUN dont walk...He just wants to charge you for office visits and tests (must be done at his office). Spends 30 seconds at best in the room with you. Doesnt even look at you! Terrible!!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Prescribed 3 medications that he didn't even tell me about and what they were for before a diagnosis was even given!! First visit!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Dr. Harish J. Patel's Credentials

• Med Coll, Baroda Univ, Baroda, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1979)

Top Urgent Care Centers in St. Petersburg, FL