Ratings for Dr. Harish J. Patel

Dr. Patel should definitely not be practicing medicine. This doctor is very condenscending. My mom had a stroke and when he came to see her at the hospital it felt like he was mocking her. I tried asking valid questions which he had no answers and he tried to brush me off by raising his voice. I’m sorry to say that these type of doctors should not be practicing medicine. Dr. Patel do us all a favor a retire.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

He prescribed me five medications after only seeing me for five minutes. Three of them were controlled substances. He literally had his next patient waiting at his open office door, so I couldn't ask questions without feeling pressured to leave. When I told him I wasn't taking one of the medications he'd prescribed for headaches (I don't have a problem with headaches), he flipped out and yelled at me and accused me of using him to get controlled substances. This is the most unprofessional doctor I've ever had and I wouldn't hesitate to call him a quack and say he's running a pill mill. I hope he loses his license. This man is dangerous.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I would give this doctor a ZERO. I had a stroke. I got my medical records from the hospital. The doctor put in my medical record "Memory is adequate but she's a terrible historian. Faking can't give me details about her stroke". Faking, why would I do that? I am going to talk to my attorney. WARNING //DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR WARNING///DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTORS WARNING////DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCOR

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I agree with all the comments that this is not the Dr to trust your life with. His diagnosis for everybody is the same. And yes his family and friends have been leaving good rating for him under alias names like Mike Lowry. Do not waste your time and money and risk going to this man unless you want anxiety medicine prescription in which case you are good to go!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I have been coming to Dr. Patel for several years now.... he is a great doctor and his staff members are marvelous and very caring.... he was able to control my grand mal seizures and I have been seizure free for 3 years now and I was able to get my drivers license back fast. I cannot thank Dr.Patel and his staff enough for all of their help.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

worst office idiot doctor, idiot staff.......... Careless and rude

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I asked this doctor (???) questions that were important to me which he ignored. I think he was in lala land. He prescribed a medication that put me in the hospital for several days and came close to killing me. Would I recommend him? You bet, for deportation! He only has one good rating. I suspect that he gave himself that one.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

This doctor is very uneducated. Act like he is a god and is due the treatment of one. He discharged my son who is 14 (this doc isnt even a pediatric neurologist) and refused to fwd my sons file to the new neurologist then wen my sons about to run out of meds tells me ive had enough time and refuses to fill his scripts till the new doc can take over.... his office staff got hired by picking straws and got their education out of a bubblegum machine. They care jus as much as the doc does... hes horrible and i have filed a complaint with my sons insurance and hope it will keep future patiens and victoms from goin to his office. Horrible worst experience ever!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

The worst experience. I left office with six prescriptions. I took my results to another Dr. And turns out I didn't need any of the scripts. This man is an idiot. He had me thinking the worst....and there was nothing wrong. He also does not listen to the patient, just starts writing scripts.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I don't like writing negative things about people. But for people looking for a good nuerologist I feel it is important to tell them Dr. Patel is absolutely not it. He really shouldn't be practicing medicine. He misdiagnosed me pretty badly (according to my very competent new nuerologist). He didn't respond to any of my questions. Just kind of grunting "yes" a few times. He almost seemed like he didn't care when we were together and wasn't interested in actually practicing medicine anymore. My last visit ended with him referring me to USF because I got the distinct feeling he didn't know how to answer my questions. It was bad.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Dr. Harish J. Patel's Credentials

• Med Coll, Baroda Univ, Baroda, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1979)

Oxford