Dr. Martin F. Freedman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Martin F. Freedman

You can do no better when looking for a doctor once you have found Dr Frredman. He was so kind to my husband and I and made us feel comfortable from the very beginning. He is honest and takes the time to explain everything so you understand. My husband and I trusted what he did and said and that put our minds at ease. We can't thank him enough for everything he has done for us! The nurses and staff are the best as well! We would recommend Dr. Freedman and RMA to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Dr. Freedman and the nurses at RMA are the best! We are beyond thankful for the joy that they've brought into our lives. Dr. Freedman is so caring and patient. He was respectful of our needs and wishes and never forced us into doing something we weren't ready for. He was honest yet compassionate at the same time and you could feel his caring from the moment he walked into the room. It's rare to find a doctor in this field that you can trust will do the right thing for you and your family. I would recommend Dr. Freedman to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Freedman was really knowledgeable. He helped us all through our IUI journey. I am really thankful to RMA and Dr. Freedman for giving us the right guidance. This is our first pregnancy and all thanks to the team at RMA. I would definitely recommend RMA to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Freedman was always listening to our concerns. I felt very at ease with him and the staff at RMA. He is extremely thorough and gave us the breakdown statistically and with an explanation behind every recommendation. I cannot express my level of gratitude I feel towards Dr. Freedman and the staff. They were beyond helpful and answered my 10,0000 questions always within a quick turnaround. I am sad that they are not my regular OBGYN!! The other doctors there as well were patient, caring, and understanding. Couldn't ask for a better practice and now they granted my wish to be a mom for the 2nd time! I would recommend them to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

It has been hard to put into words the gratitude my husband and I feel towards Dr. Freedman and RMA. We had been struggling with infertility for over 2 years. We began our journey with another practice and went through all the necessary testing. After completing fertility testing and getting ready to initiate the IVF process, we conceived naturally. Unfortunately, we miscarried at 10 weeks. It was devastating, but decided to go forward with the IVF process. After 2 failed IVF attempts and at the recommendation of a very good friend, we decided to seek a second opinion with Dr. Freedman and RMA. After our initial consultation, we both knew we wanted to work with Dr. Freedman. He was extremely positive, despite all the statistics that came with being a little older. His focus was on giving us the best possible outcome and not on why the chances of getting pregnant were very low with someone in there late 30's. He certainly did not give us any false sense of hope, but made it clear that he and his team would tailor our treatment to our needs and as our physician he would make all final decisions regarding our care. We are happy to report that after the first round of IVF with Dr. Freedman, we are pregnant! None of this would have been possible without the care and expertise of RMA and the entire staff. We would like to thank Dr. Gutmann for her skills in the operating room during fertility testing and talking us down off a ledge when she was on call one evening after an injection mishap. She was supportive, kind and informative during every encounter. We would also like to thank Dr. Castelbaum, who performed our retrieval. We met him for the first time the morning of the retrieval and he was extremely positive and reassuring. He made sure that we were comfortable and explained everything that was going to happen. The embryology team at RMA deserves a very special acknowledgment for their expertise. They were very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions at the retrieval and then again at the transfer. We can not pretend to know what goes on in that lab, but their work demonstrates nothing short of excellence. The nursing staff at RMA was amazing. We want to thank them for their time, patience and unbelievable care. Every phone call was returned promptly, every question answered thoroughly and every visit met with a positivity and energy you do not expect to see at 7:00 in the morning. We were seen at the Willow Grove and King of Prussia offices. They have a front desk staff that was extremely friendly and very accommodating. My husband and I have very demanding schedules and from check in to check out, this office ran like a well oiled machine. Finally, we would like to express our most sincere gratitude to Dr. Freedman. IVF does not work for everyone, as we can attest to in the past. We failed twice before and wanted to give it one last try. We knew that if anyone could make this dream a reality it would be Dr. Freedman. He was with us from beginning to end. We saw him at every visit which we could not believe. He performed every ultrasound and talked us through every step. He performed our transfer, which we were hoping for, but with such a large group is not always the case depending on who is on call. When they promote "highly personalized care" as their mission statement, there could not be a truer statement. He guided us through the IVF process from beginning to end. His knowledge and compassion during a very difficult and sensitive time made it that much easier. We have never been more impressed with a physicians bed side manner, clinical acumen and overall expertise in this field. It takes a very special person to manage infertility care and treatment. Dr. Freedman demonstrates all the attributes that make him so successful and such a leader in his field. We can not begin to thank him for what he has done for our family. Good luck to everyone who must endure this journey and know that anything is possible if you have the right people working with you.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Every time my wife and I visited we felt welcome and the fact that the staff worked around my wife work schedule was greatly appreciated, thanks

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr. Freedman was an absolutely wonderful doctor. His knowledge and expertise in the field is impeccable. He is very comforting, supportive, understanding and answers all of your concerns and questions. I would definitely recommend Dr. Freedman and RMA in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I am forever grateful to Dr. Freedman and his staff. Before coming to his office, my husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for about a year. As many of the people reading these reviews can understand, each month brought along heartbreak. All of my diagnosis tests came back normal, fertility issues did not run in my family, and I was left confused and upset. When I made the decision to see Dr. Freedman, his confidence and personality were extremely comforting. He assured me that I would be pregnant by the summer (it was April). I appreciated his hands on approach and the fact that the doctors facilitate the ultrasounds (not ultrasound techs) and that the monitoring is all done on-site. I never had a problem getting an appointment and never had to wait more than 5 minutes when showing up to my appointment. This was very important to me, as i was starting a new job. Ultimately, I am VERY HAPPY to say Dr. Freedman helped me achieve pregnancy after just ONE MONTH of treatment with IUI, medicine, and monitoring. He was right...I was pregnant by the summer! Dr. Freedman knows his stuff and when it comes to baby #2, I won't be waiting a year to see him!! Good luck to everyone reading these reviews and remember to never give up!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr Freedman helped my husband and I achieve our dream of getting pregnant within the first cycle after being unsuccessful trying on our own for over a year! He was knowledgeable, comforting and extremely helpful!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

RMA has been a great experience for me. I am a two time patient over 2 years and have a 1 yr old child and another one on the way in a few months. Dr. Freedman and the staff were great, very helpful and informative. They always responded to my calls and emails right away. After 2 discouraging miscarriages, Dr. Freedman gave me hope and the strength to continue through the process. My treatment was personalized and tailored to my body and my needs. I would definitely recommend Dr. Freedman and RMA.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Martin F. Freedman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Freedman received his medical degree from Wayne State University and completed his postgraduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He was responsible for the first cryopreserved embryo pregnancy in the Mid-Atlantic region. He is a co-founder and past president of the Philadelphia Area Reproductive Endocrine Society. He is board certified in OB/GYN and sub-specialty board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Dr. Freedman is a reviewer for the journal Fertility and Sterility. Dr. Freedman has been named an “A-list” doctor by the International Asherman’s Association. He is 1 of only 6 doctors in the US to be awarded this credential. For more information, please visit Ashermans.org.

• English
  • Spanish

• University of Michigan (Grad. 1973)
  • Wayne State University (Grad. 1977)

• Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Infertility
  • Endometriosis
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Low sperm count
  • Sperm donation
  • Egg freezing

• A-List Doctor - International Asherman's Association
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors (USA and Philadelphia)