Ratings for Dr. Alisa A. Knowlton

I have been a patient of Dr. Knowlton for approximately 10 years. I have a real phobia of doctors which she is aware of and works very well with me. I have a number of medical issues I have had to see her for over the years and on at least two occasions I left the office very frustrated how she could've mis-diagnosed me, only to get home and discuss it with my husband (who was with me at the visit) or to have further symptoms develop and return, a bit more humble to seek her further advice. Not only has she always been correct in her diagnosis of me & my family members, but she has taking the time to try to make the best match for me when referring me to a specialist. We had a move which took us out of the state at one point but I asked Dr. Knowlton to please continue to work with me as my dr. She has seen our family through some very serious situations & I am stunned that anyone would have a negative response to her bedside manner. The two times I left a bit belligerent she was very patient & made sure we were still on good terms. I can't imagine seeing anyone else as my doctor & would & have referred others to her who have been just as pleased.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I have been to Dr. knowlton several times and i have had her laugh in my face in response to different questions. Shes like the aunt that you want to like, but she treats you so badly that you avoid her as much as possible. I am definitely not with her services, and find it reasonable to drive all the way to Heber for my doctors visits instead.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Kowlton is my family doctor and overall, she didn't make very much of an impression on me. Her bedside manner is good, and I never had to wait long for her. Her staff is also very polite and they make things very easy for the patents! However, I'm a teenager and when I told her about a problem I am having with my knee she treated me like I was too young to get injured and all i needed to do was exercise it. Hello? my kneecap is moving around, do you not see this?! I still did as she said and it didn't help. When I went back to her she was more concerned about a wart that I had and my vaccinations than my knee. Oh well, I wouldnt recommend her but I wouldnt tell my friends not to see her either. Shes a pretty average doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr Knowlton for 10 years now. All I can say is, she has never failed to help me with whatever I may have come to see her for. I trust her with myself, my toddler, and with my prenatal care on baby number 2. I like very much that she is my family dr. I believe my kids care is more effective due to her treating me as well. She has a better idea of the family history that way.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Nothing is more frustrating than having a doctor give up on you and refer you to a nurse practitioner. Second to that frustration is having said doctor giving you a prescription for a condition one month, then taking it away the next month saying you shouldn't be using it for that purpose. WTF? I was following your orders. But thanks for leaving me with nothing. Nice lady but she could stand to take some time to get to know her patients and actually write down what she is prescribing things for. Also, needs to work on her empathy.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

Alisa seems to be knowledgeable about some things but with me she was rude i felt like she was telling me i'm to young to be in pain. I'm 30 and have lower back pain. She really didn't want to do anything to see why I feel this way or how to fix this problem. I wont be going back to her.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Did not feel alot of warmth from this doctor. Very matter of fact.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

She has been a wonderful Doctor for us. She is so approachable and she really listens to your questions. She and her staff have been excellent! I would recommend her to anyone who is in need of a Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

I liked Dr. Knowlton for her bedside manner and approachability. However, she told me I had had a miscarriage when I really hadn't. I didn't find out for several weeks that I was still pregnant.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Knowlton's for 7 years + and she is an excellent practioner. She is very thorough and listens to your concerns and answers any questions. There is not a long wait to get into be seen nor a long wait in the waiting room. If you live in the Bountiful, UT area and need a primary care physician you can't go wrong in checking out Dr. Knowlton.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Dr. Alisa A. Knowlton's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Bountiful, UT